Brewer Fanatic

2015 Regular Season Optimism Thread

torts

Well will you look at that? .500 baseball since the opening series!!

The Brewers beat Wainwright, at home, at their home opener, the gods are with us!

I don't know 'bout you guys but I am feeling pretty darn good about this team!

Braun, Luc, Lind, Davis, Rami, Scoots, siggy, Gomey? I mean com on how can you not be pumped?!?

Loshe, Willy, Jimmy, Garzy, Mikey? Awww baby I am feelin' that!

and if ANYTHING can make you feel good its this!

CCgsDhMVIAEbzKQ.jpg

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One game at a time baby, one game at a time!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Lets also remember, maintain maximum level of optimism in this thread!! If you feel a case of the negatives coming on please find literally any other thread on this board! Thank you, lets all enjoy some postive mental attitudes!

Don't care what they may say we got that attitude.

Don't care what they may do we got that attitude.

Hey we got that PMA (positive mental attitude).

Hey we got the PMA.

Hey we got the PMA.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'm honestly not sure if they'll lose another game all year, other than maybe at the end when they're resting players and setting the rotation for the playoffs.

Seriously, there's no reason this offense shouldn't be able to score a bunch of runs and be top 5 in the NL offensively.

A series win over the Cardinals would be a great, great thing to kick off the year and erase some of that poor beginning.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The offense is playing so bad as a whole right now I can't wait till they all get on streaks at the same time. I am not being sarcastic either you gotta imagine some of these guys will start finding their stroke soon and mash.

They have a simply brutal schedule. The teams they play out of division seem to almost always be playoff caliber teams. It won't be a surprise to me if at the end of the year they are near the top in SOS played.

They have a simply brutal schedule. The teams they play out of division seem to almost always be playoff caliber teams. It won't be a surprise to me if at the end of the year they are near the top in SOS played.

Every team you play looks great by comparison when you aren't scoring, aren't hitting HR and are getting mediocre starting pitching and inconsistent bullpen work.

To boot with a tougher schedule...getting the Rockies in the opening series is underrated to how tough it is. If they played the Rockies at home in July, they'd be sans Gonzalez, Tulo, and several other guys on the DL.

That said, not lofting HRs against Kyle Kendrick and the like killed them.

Every team you play looks great by comparison when you aren't scoring, aren't hitting HR and are getting mediocre starting pitching and inconsistent bullpen work.

Sure but that is likely a temporary thing. A lot of it is just that the division is really tough this year with no easy wins anymore. Getting the Tigers and Royals in inter-league doesn't help much either.

If they're not going to be good I kind of want them to tank. There's something much more relaxing about a season with zero expectations, when the only race of interest is for the #1 pick. (And we're on that path so far!)

If the season ended today we would have the #1 pick in the 2016 draft!

And we'd find a way to screw that up. :laughing

Sorry, just kidding. A little levity is needed right now in a 2-7 start.

It will get better, guys. Some of these guys, Braun and Lucroy included, were raking in the spring. Braun is dinged up,. Yes, I, too, am getting a little tired of seeing these little ticky-tack injuries messing him up. But the odds are he will get healthy soon. And whether it's Braun, or Lucroy, or Ramirez, or Davis...one of these guys will start heating up, and it will carry over.

This team has too much talent to continue on like this. The collapse last year was epic, and unforgivable. But remember how the majority of the season was. We might not make the playoffs, but it will be better than it is right now.

Chin up, Brewer fans.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It will get better, guys. Some of these guys, Braun and Lucroy included, were raking in the spring. Braun is dinged up,. Yes, I, too, am getting a little tired of seeing these little ticky-tack injuries messing him up. But the odds are he will get healthy soon. And whether it's Braun, or Lucroy, or Ramirez, or Davis...one of these guys will start heating up, and it will carry over.

This team has too much talent to continue on like this. The collapse last year was epic, and unforgivable. But remember how the majority of the season was. We might not make the playoffs, but it will be better than it is right now.

Chin up, Brewer fans.

I get the whole small sample size deal, but nine games in and Braun doesn't a a single extra-base hit. Not only that, it's not as if he's hitting balls hard, but they are just finding gloves.

please take criticism to literally any other thread. optimism only!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

We'll take two of three this weekend and get back on track!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived