Brewer Fanatic

Josh Hamilton

Parra & Garza for Hamilton, Kyle Kubitza and $45 million in cash to pay for half of Hamilton's contract.

I can't see any team even considering trading for Hamilton unless the Angels pick up nearly every dollar he is owed. A team would have to be crazy to trade for him with $15mil a year attached...

Parra & Garza for Hamilton, Kyle Kubitza and $45 million in cash to pay for half of Hamilton's contract.

I can't see any team even considering trading for Hamilton unless the Angels pick up nearly every dollar he is owed. A team would have to be crazy to trade for him with $15mil a year attached...

I figured Garza leaving free's up that money to obtain him plus a 3B that could be our future. Silly thinking because it'll never happen. I think as a GM right now, I'd be as creative as I can to fill some of our holes.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I figured Garza leaving free's up that money to obtain him plus a 3B that could be our future. Silly thinking because it'll never happen. I think as a GM right now, I'd be as creative as I can to fill some of our holes.

I will say that is pretty creative. More of a video game trade that might be accepted. Realistically I don't think any teams wants to gamble on Hamilton's past with that much money. Or just flat out have that cancer on their team.

I honestly think the wife leaving/them separating is what kick started this. If those demons are controlled, maybe he can be the player he was before or at least close to it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yep. With Narron here I would've took a shot at this one.

wow. Hamilton and $75 million to the Rangers for...nothing. So Rangers will owe him $15 million over the next 3 years. I'd have done that 7 days a week (and twice on sundays)

Yep. With Narron here I would've took a shot at this one.

What good will having an overpaid, under performing, quickly aging, injury prone OF do this team? They're not going to compete for a couple seasons and he's just be taking playing time away from Khris Davis. Not to mention putting Hamilton in the land of alcoholism is just asking for trouble.

4th OF bench bat at 5mil per vs Schafer to me is worth it. But the trade is over and probably something that the Angels GM just called the Rangers' GM and said what would it take for you to take Hamilton back and off my hands. He said 75mil and no prospects and he said. Done. Thanks. Never spoke with any other clubs. So not going to think Milw missed an opportunity here. It must be nice to just offload 75mil as a writeoff of the team's payroll like that. That's 2 legit All-Star players for Milw's history to expensively be had on their team. Or to say Lohse/Garza. Gomez/Lohse. Gomez/Garza. Just take them off the team and how bad would the Brewers be? You can't replace them with nothing but your minor league players.

Archived