Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-13 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Wainwright) 3:15 CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

jjkoestler
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's something I was curious about. Since I recall the Cardinals being the one to hit ARam last season after that hot Brewers start with RRR never returning a HBP proving that the Cardinals can get away with hitting our players....

Adam Wainwright for his glorious career has 42 hit batsmen. 9 of them are Brewers players. 21.4% in 30 games. Out of his 281 10.7%

He had 7 total hit batsmen last year. 2 vs Milw. 3 vs Pitts. The Division competition and the Cardinal Way to win it. When will we learn to be more like them?

Yes, clearly, it's the beanballs, not talent which is winning the Cardinals division titles.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Here's something I was curious about. Since I recall the Cardinals being the one to hit ARam last season after that hot Brewers start with RRR never returning a HBP proving that the Cardinals can get away with hitting our players....

Adam Wainwright for his glorious career has 42 hit batsmen. 9 of them are Brewers players. 21.4% in 30 games. Out of his 281 10.7%

He had 7 total hit batsmen last year. 2 vs Milw. 3 vs Pitts. The Division competition and the Cardinal Way to win it. When will we learn to be more like them?

Yes, clearly, it's the beanballs, not talent which is winning the Cardinals division titles.

Well you remove talent from your Division rivals like the Cardinals did to Milw when hitting Ramirez, you help your cause. By Depleting another team's.

Ramirez 17RBI 3HRs had seen action in every Brewer Game of 2014 before he was beaned. Missed next 2 games. Played in only 7 of the next 8games. and then missed 22games straight. Brewers 16-17 during that stretch.

While Ramirez's replacement Mark Reynolds may have done a quality job at 3b. It also meant the Brewers had to endure Lyle Overbay's game playing in May to the tune of .161BA and .474OPS. And that's just the single instance I can think of off the top of my head.

You think Stl would hit Milw's batters if Milw retaliated and hit their hot batters or quality players? Due to the effect it could have of lost talent on a season? I'd bet Wainwright would be more in line of that 10% of games played where he hit a Milwaukee batter vs 21% Could probably go back through the years on Wainwright and the biggest competition they had for the division title I'm guessing is where the Hit batters were. Again 5 of 7 last season Milw/Pitts. For an Ace he sure hit the Competition for the division vs any other opponent.

Well you remove talent from your Division rivals like the Cardinals did to Milw when hitting Ramirez, you help your cause. By Depleting another team's.

Ramirez 17RBI 3HRs had seen action in every Brewer Game of 2014 before he was beaned. Missed next 2 games. Played in only 7 of the next 8games. and then missed 22games straight. Brewers 16-17 during that stretch.

While Ramirez's replacement Mark Reynolds may have done a quality job at 3b. It also meant the Brewers had to endure Lyle Overbay's game playing in May to the tune of .161BA and .474OPS. And that's just the single instance I can think of off the top of my head.

You think Stl would hit Milw's batters if Milw retaliated and hit their hot batters or quality players? Due to the effect it could have of lost talent on a season? I'd bet Wainwright would be more in line of that 10% of games played where he hit a Milwaukee batter vs 21% Could probably go back through the years on Wainwright and the biggest competition they had for the division title I'm guessing is where the Hit batters were. Again 5 of 7 last season Milw/Pitts. For an Ace he sure hit the Competition for the division vs any other opponent.

So, getting hit in the elbow caused him to pull a hamstring 2 weeks later.

I just want to make sure I have this correct.

Your cause and effect logic is not very compelling.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Regardless of how this season works out, at this moment there are thousands of miserable, drunk Cardinal fans going home unhappy right now...I take some pleasure in that.

Post of the season so far...

:laughing

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Baldkin. He was hit twice in the same game. Does that lead to the pulled hamstring? Well did his routine change due to being hit? Where was Ramirez hit in the previous inning? Doesn't say.

Wainwright hit Carlos Gomez July 12, in a 6-0 Stl score game 3rd inning when the two teams became tied for the Divsion with that game. Gomez was hit once every game of that series. He'd been hit once in the last month plus prior. The final game of that series was Gomez' last time seeing .880 for his Season OPS as he fell to .833 at season's end. BTW the next time Gomez was hit...The very first game of the next Cardinal series Aug 1st by Wainwright. 2hit batters vs Milw of 7 total in 2014 and both were Gomez?....Edit add. That HBP shows up with Wainwright behind 3-0 an open first base after a Wily Peralta sac moved runners to 2nd and 3rd and 1 out.

Gomez was hit in that same game first, we're talking about Ramirez being hit in. Wacha up 3-0 in the 6th.

So yes I feel a bit of the conspiracist about the Cardinal way.

Ruining the Cards opening day is a beautiful thing.

I didn't even realize we had a weird start time...sat down to look for the game and it's already done lol. What a great thing to see to top off an already good day.

Archived