Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-13 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Wainwright) 3:15 CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

jjkoestler

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 13 | 3:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (1-5) | Cardinals (3-2)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/LAyGsoI.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Ybq4mTd.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 7.20 ERA, 1.80 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]The Rockies were so on top of Garza's pitches at Miller Park that he worried he was tipping, and switched up the signs. Now he'll face another proficient offense during the Cardinals' home opener.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Adam Wainwright[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.83 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]By virtue of a rainout, Wainwright unexpectedly draws the fourth home opener of his career. He's 1-1 with a 5.51 ERA in the previous three. Wainwright threw six shutout innings in his Opening Night start against the Cubs.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gómez
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  6. LF Khris Davis
  7. SS Jean Segura
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. RHP Matt Garza

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter
  2. RF Jason Heyward
  3. LF Matt Holliday
  4. 1B Matt Adams
  5. SS Jhonny Peralta
  6. CF Jon Jay
  7. C Yadier Molina
  8. 2B Kolten Wong
  9. RHP Adam Wainwright

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Brewers! Get off to a good start against the Cardinals this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would not be averse to the happiness trifecta of (1) Brewers winning; (2) Cardinals losing their home opener; (3) Wainwright being part of 1 and 2.

*knocks on wood*

*touches iron*

(Fun fact, per kalle8: In Italy, they touch iron for luck instead of knocking on wood.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Did you need a new reason to figuratively (as well as literally) see red when it comes to STL? Here you go.

I mean, jebus. I'm sure there's a chorus of "Hate us cause you ain't us" starting anew in STL right now, but only half of that describes me. I hate them, and I'm GLAD I ain't them.

The only thing I'd be perversely interested to see is how they think scoring "The Cardinal Way" is different.

I hate that picture but I kinda like the fact that they did it. Hopefully things like that bother our Brewers players and until someone knocks them down a peg, this is what we deserve.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The only thing I'd be perversely interested to see is how they think scoring "The Cardinal Way" is different.

I think somewhere in that rule book would be that an intentional HBP delivered by an STL pitcher shouldn't count as a ball for a pitcher's balls/strikes ratio. Don't wanna punish the guy for playing the game the right way. A HBP delivered against an STL batter, on the other hand, is punishable by death.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Did you need a new reason to figuratively (as well as literally) see red when it comes to STL? Here you go.

Comment of the year in there.

aspen1974

Learn to score the cardinal way- with your cousin. Go Cubs!

Other than the Go Cubs, that's fantastic.

Bob and Joe on the radio are talking about the ceremonial first pitch: Willie McGee to Ozzie Smith. I'm sure that's coincidence and no other pair of STL dignitaries from any of their zillion other "rings" was available. :rolleyes

this whole, scoring on Wainwright thing, I could get used to this

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

this whole, scoring on Wainwright thing, I could get used to this

Just setting us up for the Cardinals Big Inning ®

Which admittedly could double as the (Brewers' pitcher) Meltdown Inning. But let's hope not.

I hate that picture but I kinda like the fact that they did it. Hopefully things like that bother our Brewers players and until someone knocks them down a peg, this is what we deserve.

The picture is fantastic. The upper-right corner thing makes me feel sad for them.

Here's something I was curious about. Since I recall the Cardinals being the one to hit ARam last season after that hot Brewers start with RRR never returning a HBP proving that the Cardinals can get away with hitting our players....

Adam Wainwright for his glorious career has 42 hit batsmen. 9 of them are Brewers players. 21.4% in 30 games. Out of his 281 10.7%

He had 7 total hit batsmen last year. 2 vs Milw. 3 vs Pitts. The Division competition and the Cardinal Way to win it. When will we learn to be more like them?

It has never been in RR's philosophy to give guys a free base; I am not sure there is anything that could happen that would change that. I don't think hitting or not hitting guys really makes any difference at all unless someone is stupid enough to hit a guy in a close game late. That has happened before. The cardinals way hasn't led them to win all the time; its their talent.

Archived