Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-11: Pirates (Worley) vs Brewers (Nelson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers get off the schneid, win 6-0]

trwi7
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hold my beer did Segura just hit a homerun? Someone go check his paper. It can't be him.

And it wasn't an accident either...was sitting right on that pitch and hit a no doubter.

I am intrigued to see if Segura can turn it around or not. The talent is there, but the last year and a half his approach has been brutal. Reminds me of Carlos Gomez in a way.

ARAM sixth would make the line up nice. (Krush 5th) Instead of being relied on to carry the O, he just becomes a tough at bat at 6. Also, when you rest him, you dont juggle the line up, you just put Jimenez there.

I thought I would be kiss of death today. Just turned on... 5-nil, but Nelson goes walk, walk. But now I am excited again.

Let us have a half a laugher. Dont give them a couple of runs to make a game of it. And let us tack on one or two.

Soup: well, what do you think RR will do for the last couple of innings, from the pen

Soup: I am not sure, but it really sets up the pen to get work from the 6th and 7th guys.. whoever RR thinks they are

Soup: yes, Soup, this allows RR to really give a rest where required and give the end guys an inning, this is just the sort of game the Crew needed

Soup: yes, Soup, it will be a nice last six outs to listen to; I hope RR can really get advantage from this, and not just let it run along; for example, if we are worried about Braun's ribs, he should be pinch hit for

Soup: let us see, let us see

Well, Soup, I am a bit disappointed RR was not pro active re Braun. I guess he does not want to ruffle feathers. You do know Ron thinks if you pander to every player, then the final product will be good. But you can see how that worked out last year. Mind you, I think Gennett got a little message by being sat. I guess there is some age limit.... if you are over a certain age, then you are immune to any scrutiny

Oh, Will Smith.... does that make sense. Is he not like the 8th inning guy. Oh that is Broxton. I dont get it. You dont use likely your best reliever in a 6 nil game. Mind you, because Broxton HAD to be use the other day - and Smith sat, it means that Smith now needs work.

Funny how all managing decisisons mean something.

So I just got back from a restaurant where there was a tv but no volume. I saw that Hart seemed to get a pretty decent hand when he first came to the plate. Was that the case? Kind of curious the reaction to his first return to Milwaukee since leaving after 2013.

1st win of the season Coming right up! And it was all because of the Pitching of the team's #5 that got it done....I personally believe the Colorado series should have been Peralta, Fiers, Garza due to the Rox hitting and rather set up Lohse for the 1st game intra-division...Would have been Lohse, Nelson, Peralta in this series. But yeah, this team has a Flagrantly poor decision making Manager...Such as using Smith and Broxton just now(with Lohse pitching tomorrow? IE competitive low scoring game no?/need to use your best closers no? It's an early game less rest for these 2 now no?)

Pretty poor thinking ahead by this manager such as later on in the season when Broxton and Smith are up to 60 appearances heading in to September and wondering why they can't seem to get outs suddenly?

Smith had one game prior.

Broxton two prior.

Cotts and Blazek (my choices today), had two prior.

Broxton likely was only used because his ERA was 9, and RR wanted him to lower it, to feel better about himself.

edit... Cotts and Blazek used yesterday, so I guess maybe not for them.

So maybe Ron did it all A-OK. Perhaps I need to withdraw my criticism.

Nope. Just like the Brewers, this forum is headed downhill.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nope. Just like the Brewers, this forum is headed downhill.

...or maybe instead of complaining people could actually get involved and start their own thread? There wasn't a single person who volunteered to update the graphics in over a year.

What's stopping you from taking it upon yourself to start a thread?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Honestly never thought I could. Always seemed to be the same people.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Honestly never thought I could. Always seemed to be the same people.

Did you even ask?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived