Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-10: Pirates (Locke) vs Brewers (Fiers) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-2]

trwi7
I know everyone likes to overreact, but it should be noted the Brewers did lose the first 4 in 2011 yet still won 96...though I don't think that 4 game losing streak was this awful and we were losing our #1 pitcher during that. No reason this team can't turn it around and go the .500 ball they are expected to be.

Obviously Lind won't keep this pace but he is a nice AB to watch.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know everyone likes to overreact, but it should be noted the Brewers did lose the first 4 in 2011 yet still won 96...though I don't think that 4 game losing streak was this awful and we were losing our #1 pitcher during that. No reason this team can't turn it around and go the .500 ball they are expected to be.

If our options are to lose 96 or play .500 from here on out, I'd take the former.

...why were we trying to steal with 2 outs?

Absolutely ridiculous. :tongue I hope he did that on his own. The real hoot is because of that brilliant move we had to bring Go-Go in play second because Scooter lost his temper. At least it looks like Luc might be breaking out... :(

If our options are to lose 96 or play .500 from here on out, I'd take the former.

Yeah, .500 was a nice milestone for the '05 group when we were a young and ascending squad but knew that we just weren't quite there yet.

For an aging veteran team on its last breaths desperately trying to cling to validity, it's a pretty worthless goal.

Yeah, .500 was a nice milestone for the '05 group when we were a young and ascending squad but knew that we just weren't quite there yet.

For an aging veteran team on its last breaths desperately trying to cling to validity, it's a pretty worthless goal.

The team still could compete that is all I am saying(I wouldn't bet on it...but hey never know). I do disagree with the notion that being .500 is worthless. If we sell off in July and finish with at least 75 wins that would be very helpful for team support.

The Brewers aren't going to be stupid come July. I think they know they are a long shot and if they don't look good at that point they will sell off...but as 2012 showed that doesn't mean you can't win some games in August/September.

but as 2012 showed that doesn't mean you can't win some games in August/September.

But what does that get you? It's not like it carried over into the next season. All it basically did was give us a worse draft pick.

I'm far more concerned with the Brewers' long-term success than how many butts they are putting in the stands this August and September.

75-80 wins is worthless. In fact, long-term you could argue it's worse than 65-70. It gives the regime an excuse to stick with the status quo.

I'm far more concerned with the Brewers' long-term success than how many butts they are putting in the stands this August and September.

75-80 wins is worthless. In fact, long-term you could argue it's worse than 65-70. It gives the regime an excuse to stick with the status quo.

That's how I feel. If the team finishes around .500 again, Melvin and company will just say, "Well, we just need to make a few adjustments, sign a free agent 3B, and we could be contending for a Wild Card spot again next year."

To be fair, they did deal Gallardo this off-season, so it's not like they've totally stood pat without thinking towards the future.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Worthless? That attendance/merchandise sales over this year and next if they were to be a 65 win team could end up as a $10mil loss or more. So no it isn't worthless...It is worth millions.

Now if this is the start to a horrible first half who knows what kind of win total they end up with. I guess cheering for them to sneak into that Top 10 protected picks is a good goal if they continue to scuffle. I don't think think they will do bad enough to get a high top 5 pick.

Worthless? That attendance/merchandise sales over this year and next if they were to be a 65 win team could end up as a $10mil loss or more. So no it isn't worthless...It is worth millions.

Now if this is the start to a horrible first half who knows what kind of win total they end up with. I guess cheering for them to sneak into that Top 10 protected picks is a good goal if they continue to scuffle. I don't think think they will do bad enough to get a high top 5 pick.

Of course they probably save $10 million or more if they don't chase every mediocre/over the hill free agent in an attempt to "compete." So any loss of revenue from less fans buying tickets/concessions/merchandise is mitigated by not spending it on free agents.

For example. They could be paying Knebel and one of Kintzler, Wooten and Perez less than $2 million compared to the $20+ million we've guaranteed to Broxton and Rodriguez. Sign a couple guys to minor league contracts to fill the two spots in Colorado Springs and we're probably not much worse off while saving a ton of money.

Archived