Brewer Fanatic

Re: 2015-04-08: Rockies (Butler) vs Brewers (Peralta) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

trwi7
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I almost just watch now to see how they're going to blow games, and it gives me something to complain about and then I feel better about anything else I might actually be stressed about. It's not an ideal situation, but taking my frustrations out on the Brewers seems to be a bit therapeutic.

Nothing like getting swept at home to start the year off right. Blah. Good night folks.

Glad we flipped that around this year. Last year we were the last team in baseball to get swept - this year the first.

You can't win in MLB without a fantastic bullpen and great starting pitching.

Peralta is solid. Jeffress has potential. Will Smith ain't bad. Just gotta fill the other 8 spots. Maybe Fiers can do it

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Somebody asked (sounded like Haudricourt) if they thought about bringing Smith in in the 8th. Roenicke says they talked about it but right now they decided that Broxton's going to be the 8th inning pitcher and if it changes we have to have the conversation to match up the 7th and 8th. We have three guys we like there and maybe we'll try to match it up better. We like "Brox" and that's not going to happen very often but it was set up, no question it was set up better for a lefty.

So he admits that it was set up better for a lefty but decided against giving his team a better chance to win. It's astounding how much this entire franchise pisses me off.

As I said yesterday, the game moves way, way too fast for our managers. 8th set up better for Smith. But they need 30 mins to 'discuss it'. In the meantime your cookbook says Broxy (do I have it right) in the 8th. I can imagine Broxy pitching, say 10 or 12 games in a row, and in game 12 his arm falls off mid inning. The camera pans to our managers... sitting there with perplexed looks looking at the number 8 on the scorecard. After a minute, they decide Broxy should pitch with his left hand. Because it is the EIGHTH inning.

Somebody asked (sounded like Haudricourt) if they thought about bringing Smith in in the 8th. Roenicke says they talked about it but right now they decided that Broxton's going to be the 8th inning pitcher and if it changes we have to have the conversation to match up the 7th and 8th. We have three guys we like there and maybe we'll try to match it up better. We like "Brox" and that's not going to happen very often but it was set up, no question it was set up better for a lefty.

So he admits that it was set up better for a lefty but decided against giving his team a better chance to win. It's astounding how much this entire franchise pisses me off.

Staggering how inept they are....unbelievable

And I just don't understand how an owner who cut ties with Yost so abruptly would allow this floundering manager to continue year after year

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Staggering how inept they are....unbelievable

And I just don't understand how an owner who cut ties with Yost so abruptly would allow this floundering manager to continue year after year

I have a gut feeling that if the rest of the month goes the way the first three games did there will be a new manager for May. I mean if Mark can fire a manager of a playoff team with 2 weeks left in the season what's going to stop him from firing the manager of a losing team 4 weeks into the season? Especially after the extension or whatever Ron got in spring, that's basically always a sign a manager's on a short leash.

I have a gut feeling that if the rest of the month goes the way the first three games did there will be a new manager for May. I mean if Mark can fire a manager of a playoff team with 2 weeks left in the season what's going to stop him from firing the manager of a losing team 4 weeks into the season? Especially after the extension or whatever Ron got in spring, that's basically always a sign a manager's on a short leash.

We can hope he'll make changes if he gets too frustrated. Then again, his rant last year about changes being made or a good explanation provided if they weren't resulted in firing the hitting coach but not his brother, and the first base coach but not the caricature at third.

We can hope he'll make changes if he gets too frustrated. Then again, his rant last year about changes being made or a good explanation provided if they weren't resulted in firing the hitting coach but not his brother, and the first base coach but not the caricature at third.

[sarcasm]Clearly, there were good explanations provided.[/sarcasm]

I fear until we get a new GM and manager it won't matter who we put out there on the diamond. :( I was disappointed RR wasn't canned after that meltdown last season. You don't lead your division for 122 days and not even get a wild card spot.

I truly am a die hard Brewers fan and I will stick with them as my favorite team, but I sincerely believe that the best thing that could happen to this franchise right now is an epic collapse this season. That way Mark A can clean house, hopefully get a GM in place who understands the current trends in MLB, we can sell at the deadline and pick up some prospects and get a very high draft pick in 2016.....

If we just continue to flounder away at the 82 to 84 win level (which seems highly unlikely, I know, but just saying "if") then we might extend Melvin (which is flabbergasting to me) and keep the same group essentially together and continue this mediocrity for another 5 years

Melvin is a much much bigger problem than Roenicke and RRR is a big problem

There's a reason Melvin has an open extension waiting on his desk, and it's because he does what the owner demands of him and does it pretty darn well.

It may not be what you want, or what you like, but that's the reality of the situation.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

What is interesting to me is how RR said, in spring training, how happy he was with the team and it has no holes in it.

So on player evaluation Doug and RR (and I guess Mark) are on the same page. They think we have a very competitive set of player with no holes. I tend to agree with them. But... if they have evaluated wrongly then

1) in July should be blow up time, because the 2016 team is a carbon copy of this one

2) Doug and RR need to be canned because of their lack of ability in evaluating players

Archived