Brewer Fanatic

Re: 2015-04-08: Rockies (Butler) vs Brewers (Peralta) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

trwi7
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am getting sick of this trend to just assign a relief pitcher to an inning to matter what. 3 lefties to start the inning so lets bring in Broxton because he is the 8th inning man. It at least used to be mostly the 9th but now more teams have only 1 pitcher who is allowed to start the 8th

What is annoying is Wily was pitching well minus two mistakes. RRR pulls him for a pinch hitter with two out no one on. I think Wily had a better chance of getting a hit than the scrub they pinch hit for him.

Good ole robot RRR, must pinch hit in this spot, must not stray from what my how to manage in this situation book tells me...

I am getting sick of this trend to just assign a relief pitcher to an inning to matter what. 3 lefties to start the inning so lets bring in Broxton because he is the 8th inning man. It at least used to be mostly the 9th but now more teams have only 1 pitcher who is allowed to start the 8th

It was PH, lefty, lefty... but yes, still, idiocy. Smith absolutely should've been the call there.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

What is annoying is Wily was pitching well minus two mistakes. RRR pulls him for a pinch hitter with two out no one on. I think Wily had a better chance of getting a hit than the scrub they pinch hit for him.

Good ole robot RRR, must pinch hit in this spot, must not stray from what my how to manage in this situation book tells me...

I will resist being mad over this situation. It is his first start of the season and 90 pitches is enough. Last thing we want is the only person to pitch a good game to get arm fatigue etc....

High 80s pitch count early in the season. I can see his thought process there...but why Broxton? There were two great lefties due up...

I will resist being mad over this situation. It is his first start of the season and 90 pitches is enough. Last thing we want is the only person to pitch a good game to get arm fatigue etc....

Yeah, I'm not mad. Wily didn't need to go longer in his first start. Just same old RRR managing by the book in every situation, and then mismanaging the pitcher he goes with in the 8th because Broxton is the 8th inning guy...

Yeah, I'm not mad. Wily didn't need to go longer in his first start. Just same old RRR managing by the book in every situation, and then mismanaging the pitcher he goes with in the 8th because Broxton is the 8th inning guy...

I get what you are saying though. Mid Season it would have been the same way.

Anyone have hope of Jeffress becoming a legit bullpen arm? I have always had high hopes for him since he was drafted. Be neat to see him come full circle and back with the crew, and become a contributor.

I know a lot of people were all excited last year, but I am extremely skeptical. He just goes up there and chucks the ball really hard...not much control. I don't know if he will have the consistency to be reliable over a full season. Though he wouldn't be the first hard thrower with not much control to be really good.

Lucroy stinking and Gomez being not much better is not helping us either.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived