Brewer Fanatic

Seat Upgrading

MrTPlush

I haven't seen it really advertised anywhere, but on the MLB.com BallPark App they actually have a section where you can upgrade your ticket for a fee. I haven't looked into it with much detail, but it looks like you can do it for any game with the upgrading opportunity starting a couple hours before start time. The cost to upgrade seems to depend on game, area you are upgrading to, and availability in that section. Today for the field level it was $40 to get into the diamond box(edge of infield), $23 for field infield, and the cheapest was the Club Infield coming in at $7.

It is an interesting concept and may save some cash if you buy some bargain terrace tickets off StubHub or get the cheap Friday bleacher seats as your primary ticket.

I did it last year a few times, the last time being I had friends on the club level and I wanted to join them. I believe it was less than $10. Like you said all you need is a cheap primary ticket to get in. That's when it's worth it the most.

I haven't seen it really advertised anywhere, but on the MLB.com BallPark App they actually have a section where you can upgrade your ticket for a fee. I haven't looked into it with much detail, but it looks like you can do it for any game with the upgrading opportunity starting a couple hours before start time. The cost to upgrade seems to depend on game, area you are upgrading to, and availability in that section. Today for the field level it was $40 to get into the diamond box(edge of infield), $23 for field infield, and the cheapest was the Club Infield coming in at $7.

It is an interesting concept and may save some cash if you buy some bargain terrace tickets off StubHub or get the cheap Friday bleacher seats as your primary ticket.

It's funny you mention that but the Brewers sent out an email yesterday so I was looking at it in the second inning and I could have moved 3 rows behind the dugout for $22. So I guess that means the price might drop as the game progresses. I was on a couch in Saint Paul so not really an option. The problem for me is I only go on summer weekends so availability would be much less than a week night in April.

It looks like prices do tend to change every game for some areas...here are some prices I found just prior to first pitch. You can get all these options as at least a pair so not just a random loner seat.

Section 327 Row 2=$17.60 to upgrade.

Section 110 Row 2=$40

Section 114 Row 18=$23.20

Section 220 Row 1=$20

Not much of a deal today, but there are some nice Loge level seat you can get. The one listed above is first row behind home...Even the diamond box seats also look like they could be a decent deal occasionally. I know yesterday they had some tickets directly behind the Brewers dugout only 3 rows back for the same $40 upgrade as today.

It should also be noted that if you are a season ticket holder (as I am) you get access to upgrades 1 hour early and you get 20 percent off the upgrade price. We also had $20 added to our upgrade account as a 20 game holder.

I thought it was weird yesterday because I went to check an hour early and it kicked me out after approx. a minute. Must have glitched and let everyone in who tried. I have been considering a 20 game plan and that is an interesting perk that is never mentioned.

The prices start to move around after the 4th inning. The only one that really went down is the Sec 110 that was down to approx. $20

I am going to be honest here I probably will use this feature just to know what seats to sneak down to. Get past security and you are home free.

Archived