Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-07: Rockies (Lyles) vs Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

trwi7
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serious question, why is there an extension offer just supposedly waiting for Melvin to sign it? Have I missed a bunch of genius moves by him or something? This team was horrific the last third of last year and looks worse now. I just don't know what Attanasio sees in RR and DM.

Alright in Doug Melvin's defense the collapse last year happened after the trade deadline. There really wasn't a lot he could do and money was tight. August came around and he attempted to do the best he could...

This year what was there to get realistically? As much as people don't like the Ramirez return there was no other option. Gerardo Parra is in that same kind of boat as money well spent as he will come in handy. There just wasn't a lot he could do as he didn't really have the money to spend. Thanks to our absolute awful scouting and developing departments we have not had many cheap players come up to relieve some cash flow.

Now the bigger question is if Doug Melvin is really the kind of GM we want in a rebuilding kind of phase that we may go into. He does want to retire in 2-3 more years. Personally maybe it is time to find a GM with a good rebuilding strategy.

Ronalded out of a chance at a bigger inning. Did Logan Schaefer's new number fool Roenicke into thinking he wasn't the same useless hitter?

Is that really Roenicke's fault? Who would you have picked to pinch hit between Maldonado, Hector Gomez, Luis Jiminez, and Schafer? I credit Roenicke for making the decision to pinch hit in that situation but think his options were pretty sad.

Is it RR or Melvin who decides who will be on the 25-man?

Schafer has been around the club for a while and seeing him up there, basically the only hope was the dribbler he was likely to hit would somehow find a hole on the infield. Naturally, it found the 2nd baseman.

Is it RR or Melvin who decides who will be on the 25-man?

Schafer has been around the club for a while and seeing him up there, basically the only hope was the dribbler he was likely to hit would somehow find a hole on the infield. Naturally, it found the 2nd baseman.

To my understanding that is a managers/coaching staff decision. Doug Melvin just put them into the organization...the rest is someone elses fault.

And don't even get me started on Logan...

A comeback win would be a great feeling but it honestly feels as though we are down 7 instead of 3.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So with bases loaded, nobody out, we could not pinch hit with Braun? Even though we were told he was available to pinch hit.

What is going on?

This is getting back to the days when we had two Moutons, one left and one right. And our manager 'forgot' which one was which and did not pinch hit with the correct handed one in the nine inning of a one run game with men on base. At least the manager said that day 'I forgot'.

Did RR say today he 'forgot' Braun was on the bench. Or have we been conned re the severity of his injury. Will he be day to day for 11 days, then we DL him, back dated, for three days. So for 11 days we are having a 24 man roster.

I get the feeling sometimes the game is too fast for our manager.

Ronalded out of a chance at a bigger inning. Did Logan Schaefer's new number fool Roenicke into thinking he wasn't the same useless hitter?

Is that really Roenicke's fault? Who would you have picked to pinch hit between Maldonado, Hector Gomez, Luis Jiminez, and Schaeffer? I credit Roenicke for making the decision to pinch hit in that situation but think his options were pretty sad.

If we are assuming Braun was not available, then yes it still is, because I think we can certainly assume that Roenicke had at least partial, if not total say in the construction of this bench. I am pretty positive that Melvin did not order him to dump Clark and Rogers in favor of a weak hitting 5th OFer.

So yes, he bears responsibility for the consequences of his actions.

I think it is about time we hold RRR accountable for his stupidity. For years, people have been making excuse for the guy, his leash should be shorter than ever at this point.

In the course of 2 games played this season, he has already made several head scratching moves. It's time to realize that the direction this team is going under his management is not the direction that this organization should be headed.

Time for a change.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This just in, a baseball manager isn't going to make a huge difference in the outcome of a game. I prefer having someone around for the long term as long as the team will play for him. Macha was the one guy of the last three, that I think needed to go.

Brewers kind of suck so far; yes only 2 games in but yeesh. Garza and Lohse have to be a lot better than this if Brewers are going to compete.

Garza was cruising through 3 innings and then all of a sudden the Rockies were teeing off on him; it does make you wonder if the Rockies picked something up that tipped them.

Archived