Brewer Fanatic

Following 2014 (Now Ex-) Brewers, Both Major & Minor Leagues

Mass Haas
I think he meant that you have to have a guy for the full year to offer him the QO. So if we traded Yovani in July, the other team wouldn't have the QO option.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From this article --

After going 7-6 with a 4.36 earned-run average in Milwaukee last season, Estrada was 13-8 with a 3.13 ERA -- which ranked fifth in the AL -- in a career-high 28 starts with Toronto this year.

"I really can't say truthfully what we expected out of him going into the season. I don't know. Didn't expect this, I know that," Gibbons added. "I didn't anyway. He might have but I didn't." Estrada went from bullpen help to a member of the starting rotation, going 12-5 with a 2.92 ERA -- third-best in the AL -- in 23 starts since June 1. The 12 wins ranked third in the AL over that period.

He carried no-hitters into the eighth inning in consecutive starts June 19 and 24. Opponents batted .203 against him, which led the AL and was fourth in the majors, behind Jake Arrieta of the Cubs, and Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers. He limited the opposition to .183 since the all-star break to lead the majors.

"It's been a lot of fun," said Estrada. He posted a 2.62 ERA in his last 20 starts, although five of the last seven were no decisions.

Archived