Brewer Fanatic

Cameron Maybin

It looks like the Padres are shopping Maybin rather hard and are willing to eat some of his salary. I would rather have Maybin over Parra and Schafer as the 4th/5th OF. Maybe the Padres will trade Maybin and $2m for Parra. I would prefer Schafer over Parra in this trade but I don't think that would be a match as the Padres would have to kick in more money to make that deal work. Parra makes about $1.5m less than Maybin and would be a good 4th OF for the Padres especially with both Meyers' and Kemp's injury history.

The only problem is the 2016 season but Maybin could be a stopgap if the Brewers trade Gomez in the off season or during this season. There is a buyout for 2017 of $1m which is not all that bad.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/04/padres-dodgers-giants-pink-pony-chat-krasovic-mlb/

I'd rather have Parra. Who gave this guy that contract? Wow.

They bought out his arby years and the first year of FA with an option on the second after an age 24 4+ win season. He had an OK 2012, was injured in 2013.

Who cares about all the moves? They've just grabbed headlines early like Billy Beane did. The Padres have stunk for a long time and, just like Oakland, this means nothing 'til they actually put it together. If they make good on it and become a threat, well, I'd rather see them running atop the NL West than the Dodgers.

Archived