Brewer Fanatic

Which Long-Dormant Brewerfan Poster Would You Like To See Chime In?

Mass Haas
Community Moderator

This site became a really big deal for me. I found it by accident in about '03, and I became a member in '05 I think.

I started a thread doing a "Hall of Fame Trial" for Bruce Sutter, and then Jim Rice, then I think Andre Dawson - just a baseball nerd having some fun. "BillScottCanRake" sent me a PM, asking me if I'd do Hall of Fame Trials as a series of articles for the site, which I had not considered - so I did.

Before I knew it, I was interviewing people like Rollie Fingers, Brooks Kieschnick, and Frank Catalanotto, and now I have friends all over the business of baseball.

Thanks Brian, and everyone else who contributed and built the site before I got here, I got things from this place that I never would have thought to look for.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great story splitterpfj, I always enjoyed those interviews. I dunno how you got a hold of some of those guys, but always thought it was cool that our little site had a bunch of insiders.

I remember before twitter, I would look at this page daily and would know that Corey Hart or Ryan Braun was coming to the majors the night before the Brewers or JSOnline announced it. The mid 2000s was a very cool time for this site.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I remember those HOF Trials... that was very good stuff.

There has been so much good stuff that has come from here that sometimes it is easy to take for granted the work people have and still are putting into it.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

• 2 weeks later...

Archived