Brewer Fanatic

Favorite (cheap) eating spots

Bikeage77
Any of you ever been to the Swingin' Door Exchange in downtown Milwaukee? The wife and I had dinner there a couple weeks back, before the Gaslight Anthem concert, and the food was surprisingly good. Very old school kind of bar, but very pleasant atmosphere. Prices were very reasonable. Good cocktails, too.

Yes, I was there a month or so ago for happy hour after work. I liked the atmosphere, had an appetizer and it was pretty good. I remember the prices being very good too, I think it was like $2 for certain cans of beer, including Point.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Its been 20 years, but the Forum Family Restaurant on HWY100 and Layton was always a great spot. Huge portions and not expensive. Large variety of foods also.

Forum is cool. So is Genesis, which is just up the street at Hwy 100 and Beloit Road. They're both packed on Sundays after church services, but they're generally easy to get into at other times. They're both good for families, although kids wouldn't classify either of these restaurants as entertainment.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived