Brewer Fanatic

Brewer predictions

MVP2110

Seems like we do this every year and I like to look back at the end of the season, so anyways...

Record:96-66

Playoffs:yes 2 seed behind Washington, lose to Washington in NLCS

Mvp:Braun

Surprise: Garza and Peralta pitch like aces

Disappointment:Fiers and Davis

All stars: Braun Lucroy Gomez Garza

Bold prediction: Melvin makes a move for Hamels after Fiers disappoints

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

-Nelson will outpitch Peralta

-Knebel will be closing games by the end of the season

-Lucroy and Gomez will disappoint, Braun will return to form

-Adjusted for playing time, Lind will be the second best player on the team (behind Braun)

-Melvin will trade one of Davis, Parra, or maybe even Gomez to Seattle

Braun puts up a full season like 2013 but not like an MVP.

Brewers win mid 80s and miss playoffs.

Nelson has to be sent back to the minors at one point.

Scooter is back to being a platoon player by mid season.

Khris Davis puts up all star quality stats in the 2nd half and takes full time job away from Parra.

Record:85-77

Playoffs: Just miss on the #2 WC

MVP: Go-Go

Surprise: Peralta pitches like aces; 3 different pitchers record at least 10 saves

Disappointment: Fiers

All stars: Lucroy Gomez Peralta

Bold prediction: Melvin moves a starting pitcher for a 3rd base prospect by the July 31st deadline

Record:79-83

Playoffs: No

MVP: Jonathan Lucroy

Surprise: Jean Segura rebounds to be an average hitter

Disappointment: Fiers with an ERA over 4.00

All stars: Lucroy Gomez

Bold prediction: Melvin trades Lohse and Ramirez at the deadline. Luis Jimenez takes over at 3B the rest of the year and Thornburg gets the starting role.

Record: 86 - 78

Playoffs: Yes, wildcard play in game and lose.

MVP: Ryan Braun (he will be back to norm)

Surprise: Adam Lind plays the season, stays healthy and is the left handed presence we need in our lineup

Disappointment: Segura flames out again this season and will be looked at as a bench piece going forward.

All stars: Braun, Gomez, Ramirez, Peralta

Bold prediction: Peralta wins 20 games

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Record ..... 82 - 80

Playoffs. nope

MVP - Gomez. I know his style infuriates many, but the numbers (and results) speak for themselves

Surprise - Jungman

Disappointment - Segura will continue to be a sub .650 OPS hitter

All Stars - Lucroy, Gomez

Bold Prediction - Fiers continues to build off his solid 2014, and throws 180 innings (for the big club) and wins 15 games.

Record: 88-74

Playoffs: Yes they win the division by 1 game and lose in the first round.

MVP: Lucroy

Surprise: Jeffress takes over the closer role

Disappointment: Gennett desperately needs a platoon partner

All Stars: Jeffress, Gomez, and Lucroy

Bold Prediciton: Sardinas and Taylor along with another prospect are traded to the Phillies for Chase Utley.

I fluctuate between 78-84 & 82-80, so I'll split the difference and go with 80-82

Playoffs: nope

MVP: Lucroy

Surprise: Roenicke & Melvin are invited back after the 2015 season

Disappointment: Roenicke & Melvin are invited back after the 2015 season

All Stars: Gomez & Lucroy

Bold Prediction: Due to injuries, and needing to be platooned, Adam Lind only plays in 45 games

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Record: 89 - 73

Playoffs: Yes, lose in NLDS to Nationals.

MVP: Ryan Braun (he will be back to norm)

Surprise: Not many besides Brewers fans expect Ryan Braun to return to MVP level. I think that now he'll finally be healthy and return to being a top 5 player in all of baseball.

Disappointment: Mike Fiers continues his inconsistency and disappears to the minor leagues.

All stars: Braun, Gomez, Lohse, Garza, Peralta

Bold prediction: Brewers rotation finishes within the top 5 best team ERA's.

record: 88 - 73 (rain spoils a game at wrigley field and due to the cubs tanking, the game is necessary)

playoffs: advances to the national league division series

mvp: ryan braun

surprise: ryan braun, carlos gomez, adam lind and aramis ramirez each have 20+ home runs by 30 june

disappointment: khris davis struggles mightily

all stars: ryan braun, carlos gomez, jonathan lucroy, wily peralta

bold prediction: khris davis spends at least three weeks at aaa to work out of a funk; his absence is justified by the surprise power emergence mentioned above

Record:81-81 - while I want them to do better and make the playoffs. I always think they can make it and they rarely do. I guess time to reset my expectations. .500 is probably just about right.

Playoffs: Nope. Another wasted season. While in years past I would have said, "Yes! Playoffs" ... I am going to go with a more modest guess.

Mvp: Peralta. I really think he is going to be a very good pitcher for quite some time. I just like his stuff.

Surprise: Gennett gets 575 AB's - doesn't see much of any platoon and hits .320.

Disappointment: K-rod. This is just too easy for me. He is trending the wrong direction, I just hope RRR has the stones to pull him from the spot if/when he falters.

All stars: Lucroy - That's it. The rest mostly hover in mediocrity for the year.

Bold prediction: Ramirez goes down for the year. Not really bold but a possible reality.

Record:76-86

Playoffs: No

Mvp: Gomez

Surprise: Fiers, Segura, Broxton, Davis

Disappointment: Jimenez, K-Rod, Lind and Gennett against lefties, Ramirez production and injuries

All stars: Lucroy, Gomez

Bold prediction: None of the upcoming free agents are traded by the July 31 deadline.

record: 88 - 73

surprise: ryan braun, carlos gomez, adam lind and aramis ramirez each have 20+ home runs by 30 june

Wow, if they hit more than 20 each by the start of July I sure hope we have 90+ wins. That is asking quite a bit but I would love to see it. Team would be electric.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

78-84 assuming no mid-season firesale.

I hate to be negative, but the Brewers are fielding essentially the same team as last year minus Gallardo, Reynolds, and Overbay.

The only major addition is Lind and the rest of the guys are a year older.

I expect a repeat of last year, except the Cubs look to be a much more stout opponent.

Hopefully, if they are going to tank they do it early and Melvin can move some people for some minor league pieces. This team still has enough talent on the roster to re-stock the minor league system for a big time run in 2017-2018.

Braun puts up a full season like 2013 but not like an MVP.

Do you mean 2012? He played 61 games in 2013.

No, I meant a full season with stats like he had in 2013 only pro rated to a full season. He won't return to the .950 OPS monster he was but I can totally see an all star quality .850 OPS return. .290, 23 HR, good doubles, 90-100 RBI type numbers playing like 145 games.

Watching Scooter try to hit lefties physically pains me so that is my one prediction I'm most sure of. He is completely overmatched against them.

Since he seems to be a hot point I'll say Segura splits the difference. He isn't the guy we saw his rookie year but he is better than last year. .700ish OPS and solid defense makes him an average player at SS.

Record:

-84-78

Playoffs:

-No

MVP:

-Braun (has #s similar to 2010 season (.304/.365/.866, 25 HR, 103 RBI)

Surprises:

-Fiers pitches well to a tune of 3.40 ERA, 1.15 WHIP

-Davis raises his AVG into the mid to high .260s and hits 30 HR

-Segura doesn't return to All Star form but hits .275 with 30 SB

Disappointment:

-Lohse shows signs of age. ERA ends up over 4.

-Lind isn't anything more than a stopgap and is injury plagued (Sean Berry clone)

-Ramirez shows why this is his last season as he hits in the .260s with 10-15 HR

All stars:

Braun, Gomez, Lucroy

Bold prediction:

-Division has all 5 teams finish with 80+ wins

Record ..... 93-69

Playoffs. Yes

MVP - Braun - thumb is healed and he returns to form.

Surprise - Adam Lind - almost everybody has been overlooking and/or counting him out.

Disappointment - Scooter regresses and Sardinas takes over

All Stars - Lucroy, Gomez, Braun, Lind

Bold Prediction - We put ourselves in a situation to "go for it all" during the late summer and the likely retiring Melvin trades for Cole Hamels or another bonafide ace on a selling team (David Price?) as his last chance at a WS.

Verified Member

End of season regular starting line-up

C Lucroy

1B Lind

2B Gennett

SS Luis Sardinas

3B Ramirez

LF Davis

CF Parra (but Taylor has Sept. call-up)

RF Braun

SP Taijuan Walker

SP Garza

SP Peralta

SP Nelson

SP Fiers

CL Knebel

After Tyrone Taylor has a huge first half and the Brewers tank due to a so-so rotation, Gomez traded to Seattle mid-season for a package that includes SP Taijuan Walker, 1B/3B D.J. Peterson, and 3B Patrick Kivlehan.

Lohse traded to Boston mid-season for SP Eduardo Rodriguez and 2B Wendell Rijo

Record: 93-59

Playoffs: NL Central Champs, win NCLS and World Series

MVP - Braun - he returns to for,

Surprises - Adam Weisenburger forces his way to MLB roster with OBP skills and defense behind the plate, Brewers have Lucroy move to first full-time and contending for Rookie of the Year; Hector Gomez proves to be a decent starter at shortstop; Matt Long takes the 4th OF position from Parra

Disappointments - Lind never gets on track after injury, and Segura remains closer to the 2014 version than 2013, forcing the Brewers to turn to Hector Gomez; Broxton struggles and K-Rod has off-field issues.

All-Stars: Lucroy, Gomez, Braun, Gennett, Lohse, Peralta

Bold Predictions: After Aramis Ramirez has a hot April, he misses two weeks in May with an injury. Jason Rogers takes over at third base and becomes NL Player of the Month in May. Parra and Matt Garza are then traded to the Dodgers along with Jake Gatewood, Jed Bradley, Jorge Lopez, and David Goforth for Zack Greinke. Aramis Ramirez is later traded to the Mets for RP Jeurys Familia, who solidifies the Brewers bullpen. Scooter Gennett wins the batting title, while Ryan Braun takes the home run and RBI titles. Gomez and Braun both have 30-30 seasons.

End of the season 25-man roster:

2B: Gennett

C: Weisenburger

RF: Braun

CF: Gomez

1B: Lucroy

3B: Rogers

LF: Davis

SS: H. Gomez

Pitcher

Bench: Maldonado, Long, Herrera, M. Clark, Schafer, Segura

Rotation: Lohse, Greinke, Peralta, Fiers, Nelson