Brewer Fanatic

Yu Darvish may need Tommy John [Update: TJ surgery, will miss 2015]

Bombers

@JesseSanchezMLB: Yu Darvish update: MRI on right triceps muscle showed sprained of UCL in right elbow. Discussing Tommy John surgery.

Disappointing for the Rangers. The risk of giving pitchers, even the best ones large contracts is just so risky

Verified Member

Do NPB pitchers get injured as frequently as MLB pitchers, or is it something about playing in the United States?

Maybe MLB should move to a 6-man rotation like they have in Japan. That would also solve the lack-of-offense "crisis" pretty quickly, if you wanted to have MLB mandate rotation size somehow.

Injuries happen, I get it, but his first outing? Mike Minor I believe it was also with potential issues. Atlanta/Texas are very prone to TJ surgery it seems. I doubt there is any way the Rangers give up the package to get Gallardo had Darvish+Profar been ruled out beforehand. Bad luck there. I just hate seeing a 200+IP 235Ks+ SP go down to injury. Somebody who's right for baseball's image will have to sit a season, huge loss for baseball 2015. Harvey+ in 2014. Darvish now in '15. :(

wasnt he supposed to have surgery last season but opted out of it?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived