Brewer Fanatic

T-Rats Bobble Packages

madgrad

Are they doing the same thing for pickup as last year...you have up to 30 days after the bobble games to pick up?

If so anyone want to set up a group to make the commute to pick them up? Kelbysdaddy and jjkoestler...you guys wanna do this with me again? We could use a fourth...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had experience with player autographs after Sunday home games?

I've got a few Sunday games in my ticket package (including this Sunday's home opener) and I'm curious as to how their autograph sessions are organized. Do a few players come up to the concourse after the game or do people just line up near the dugout? Thanks!

Has anyone had experience with player autographs after Sunday home games?

I've got a few Sunday games in my ticket package (including this Sunday's home opener) and I'm curious as to how their autograph sessions are organized. Do a few players come up to the concourse after the game or do people just line up near the dugout? Thanks!

I'll answer my own question for the benefit of the cause:

The Sunday autograph sessions at Fox Cities Stadium are well organized. As the game concludes, the staff sets up a row of nameplates at the end of the 3rd Base concourse (closest to Left Field). About 5-10 minutes after the game, the players come up to the concourse and take a seat behind a picnic table. Everyone signs until there is no longer anyone in their line.

Tonight, I attended my first Timber Rattlers' game in several years. I wasn't quite sure of what to expect. I sort of lingered in the 3rd Base concourse until I noticed a crowd growing in Left Field. By that time, the lines for several players were fairly long (especially Kodi Medeiros). I decided to give the Medeiros line a chance, not knowing when the staff would halt the free autograph session. I waited for at least 20 minutes, but was able to get Kodi to sign a ball for me. By that time, every other player had left (still a success, by my standards).

I'm not really an autograph seeker. I don't think I've every paid for an autograph (other than a donation to the players' charity) and I've never waited by a dugout in hopes of obtaining one. Receiving a free Kodi Medeiros autograph in such an organized fashion was a neat experience for me. Hats off to the Timber Rattlers for staging such a great event.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, those are some tough choices...

hmmmm

Maybe they should have done a Taylor and Arcia during the season instead of some of the lame choices they are doing (Hank the freaking Dog, Lorenzo Cain, and Mike Jirschele)

I get it, the Royals went to the world series, so Cain and Jirschele, even though neither one have anything to do with this organization any longer. There is nothing more to say about another Hank the Dog bobble. This dog will be beaten to death and shoved down our throats as long as people continue to think he is so cute, and he sells merchandise, blah blah blah...

I can live with their other choices as they seem to like to do Brewers who re-hab in Appleton (Ramirez, Lucroy, even though Lucroy already has a bobble in a t-rats uniform) Peralta and Nelson were former members of the T-Rats and are still in the organization. Not sure we needed another Coulter since we just had one 2 years ago, but I can live with that choice as well. Fang is the mascot, got to keep the kiddies happy, so let's put him in a corvette...

Arcia and Taylor deserve a bobble in a T-Rats uniform, so I will probably vote for one of the two. Would love a Harrison and Medeiros bobble... Man, tough choices for sure, I can only hope it is a full sized bobble, not the semi-minis that they are now doing...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Oh man, those are some tough choices...

I'd be happy with any one of those choices.

On the whole, I like the variety of bobbleheads that the Timber Rattlers offer (current prospects, current Brewers, kid-friendly bobbles, etc). They're not all for me, but they succeed in sparking a lot of interest in their product. As I had mentioned in a previous post, I had a great experience two weeks ago at the home opener. The bobblehead giveaway and post-game prospect autographs made that game an exceptional value. I'm looking forward to the next bobblehead / autograph game on May 3 (Mike Fiers).

The next bobble game is this Friday, Lorenzo Cain.

True, but I was referring to the next opportunity to receive a bobblehead and obtain post-game autographs. I like to double-up on the fan value! I don't know about you, but I have mostly mixed feelings about the Lorenzo Cain bobblehead. It's neat that the Timber Rattlers can claim a link to the ALCS MVP, but at the same time, I don't think many Brewer fans care to celebrate Cain's professional accomplishments. I had initially planned to go to tomorrow's game, but I think I'm just going to redeem my pair of tickets for two Cain bobbleheads sometime in the next 30 days (probably on 5/3 or 5/17).

I agree, there are a lot better choices for Brewers fans than Lorenzo Cain and Mike Jirschele (I also can't stand the though of yet another Hank the freaking Dog). Why not capitalize on Tyrone Taylor and Orlando Arcia, 2 of our top prospects instead? Brewer fans would clamor to get to those!
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My brother and I went to the Lorenzo Cain giveaway tonight. It was great to visit with my brother and see the prospects swing the bat well (5-1 win), but it was a cold evening. The box score says the temperature was 48 degrees, but the wind made it feel worse. For those of you wondering about the size of the bobblehead, the Lorenzo Cain box measures about 6.5 inches tall. I think that would make the actual bobblehead smaller than the traditional full size (I can't say for sure as I only pick up 2-3 new bobbleheads per year).

Turborickey - I probably won't line up for a Mike Jirschele bobblehead, but I think it's neat that they are honoring a Wisconsin native. Hopefully, the Fan's Choice vote will get a good response and we'll get to see a few of the runners up next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the Mike Fiers bobblehead this afternoon in Appleton ... 3 for 3 on attendance so far this year.

It was a fun game to watch live (despite the score). Kodi Medeiros was the SP and Scooter Gennett played the entire game at 2B. I was able to get both Jake Gatewood and Monte Harrison to sign balls after the game as part of the regular Sunday Autograph session. Scooter also came up to the concourse to sign after the game, which was pretty neat of him since I doubt that he was under any obligation to do so.

Edit 5/4:

1) It's easy to see why Monte Harrison was a four-star football recruit for Nebraska. He has an impressive frame. I hope that he doesn't get frustrated after another year or two in the minors and decide to play football like Brent Brewer.

2) When I entered Fox Cities Stadium on Sunday, I saw a large sign that read "No Buying, Selling, or Trading of Bobbleheads." I wonder if they have had issues with bobble gypsies recently?

Archived