Brewer Fanatic

KRod signs 2 year deal with Brew Crew

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://media.tumblr.com/8b1daed5832e02ab19a75df89e2d2453/tumblr_inline_mssfpz35Sb1qz4rgp.gif
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pretty much expected this. More bullpen depth is never a bad thing so I'm fine with it. Wish we had signed a MI who could also cover 3B though. That is going to be a huge need in the future.

I like this more than a trade for Papelbon so I guess I see it as a win.

Disappointed.

I expressed my dislike for this misogynist to my ticket rep before he was signed. I've already purchased my 20 game pack, but that may very well be the only games I go to this season after going to 40+ the last 8 years.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/23/a-reminder-francisco-rodriguez-is-a-worse-human-being-than-ryan-braun/comment-page-1/

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I know bullpens are a crap shoot from year to year... But damn we have a chance of a very good bullpen.

K-Rod

Broxton

Henderson

Smith

Cotts

Jeffress

Perez

Kintzler

Knebel

Wooten

Thornburg (Probably goes to AAA to get stretched out)

I like having Jungmann & Thornburg as #6-7 SPs.

I know bullpens are a crap shoot from year to year... But damn we have a chance of a very good bullpen.

K-Rod

Broxton

Henderson

Smith

Cotts

Jeffress

Perez

Kintzler

Knebel

Wooten

Thornburg (Probably goes to AAA to get stretched out)

I like having Jungmann & Thornburg as #6-7 SPs.

Plus the darkhorse, Dontrell Willis

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If that's true, I can certainly live with that. Broxton's $9 million will be gone next year, so they are still saving $3 million in 2016.

For those keeping score the bullpen arms in camp with career saves in parentheses:

K-Rod (348)

Perez (133)

Broxton (118)

Henderson (31)

Cotts (4)

Jeffress (1)

Smith (1)

3 million first year and 6 million second year. Not quite what Scotty B had hoped for.

Based on this, I'm really liking this deal. DM strikes late again with another below market signing. Bullpen just got better and much deeper.

K-Rod

Broxton

Smith

Henderson

Jeffress

Cotts

Thornburg

Perez

Kitnzler

Knebel

Wooten

Strong

Hellweg

Goforth

Any of the above list have the potential to be in the bullpen this coming season.

Smith in the 7th, Broxton in the 8th, K-Rod in the 9th?

(I know there will be other relievers used, but I have to believe that's the primary combo.)

EDIT: The highlight of this deal is the lack of prospects migrating to Philly for Papelbon.

Archived