Brewer Fanatic

LHP Jarret Martin, acquired from Dodgers this winter, out until All-Star Break

Mass Haas

Here's the post from December 18th for some background first, in particular LH reliever Jarret Martin, now injured --

Just announced by the Brewers -- links lead to Baseball Reference pages:

The Brewers have acquired OF Matt Long and LHP Jarret Martin from the Dodgers in exchange for C Shawn Zarraga.

MLB Trade Rumors with some details/insights

MiLB.com article

Jarrett Martin MiLB.com videos

Matt Long MiLB.com videos

Jarret Martin recent quotes from True Blue LA (SB Nation blog)

Each is on Twitter and has been added to @BrewerNation's compiled list of all Brewer farmhands on Twitter

Martin #20 on the Brewers' MLB Pipeline list now

I get a kick that Martin was acquired by the Dodgers in Dec. '11 from Orioles for former Crew LHP Dana Eveland.

Jarrett Martin Rotoworld history

Matt Long Rotoworld history

True Blue LA - 2014 Dodgers review: Jarret Martin

True Blue LA 12/06/13 - Jarret Martin is living the dream

Two minor league options remaining (should he be re-added to a 40-man roster)...

Adam McCalvy provides a good write-up here with various quotes of interest.

Earlier on Thursday, Jarret, who is at #19 on the Brewers mlb.com Pipeline rankings,

tweeted:

3 weeks post surgery today! Things are progressing very smoothly. Working hard to getting back on the field with my new teammates! #Brewers

Since we hadn't previously known about a surgery, Jarret was kind enough to briefly chat with my via direct message and gave me permission to copy his notes here:

Thanks (for the good wishes) I had to have a clean up on my left shoulder. A debridement. I had small fraying on the labrum. Looking to be game ready by All-Star break. Things are going well in my recovery process right now. Back throwing in another 5 weeks or so.

Not so great news, but note that Jarret is upbeat about how things are going. As we know, shoulder injuries are scary.

Archived