Brewer Fanatic

2015 Complete SGA Brewers Bobble List

TURBO
I used to be a die hard bobble collector, I had every brewer give away at one point including all the special ones (stitch n pitch, birthday ones) but after the first year of 11 in a season I gave up. Too much money and not enough room to maintain a collection of that size. I've sold almost everything except a select few I like and only pick one or two during the year to go after. The only bobble of the month that even peaked my interest was the one with all the sausages but I skipped that one too, I already have the original five stadium giveaways of the sausages. This year I am probably going to get the second vintage bobble and maybe the Harry Doyle. Other than that, I've checked out of really getting excited over bobbles.

I still love them, but displaying them is going to be an issue this year. I am tapped out on space.

This year, with 15 bobbles, is the year I am going to re-evaluate my collection. Put some away in storage and display only the ones I like the best, or possibly get rid of some of th minor league bobbles. I just don't know, but I do know I can not sustain displaying the current pace of bobbles being given out...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

At what point do bobbleheads go the way of baseball cards? Are we close?

I have said this many times, the bobblehead craze has the same feel as the card craze of the late 80's and early 90's. They started printing too many different sets, subsets, and everything else that went with the death of that hobby.

Bobbleheads are headed down that same path... The Brewers and Giants are probably the most guilty. Any team that puts out 15 different bobbles in a single season (plus 2 Gnomes) is surely fueling the fires of overkill.

When the Brewers were doing 4-6 a year, they were still special, now that they have decided to flood the market, even though this year's bobbles look great in pics, they just don't hold as much meaning. Look how cheap they are now compared to 4 years ago. I used to feel like I had to go to the games to get them, now it is actually cheaper to get them on the secondary market, pay $10 for them and save the hassle of going to the park and dropping big bucks.

It's sad really, but that is how our society works these days. If something is in demand, over produce it until no one wants it any longer...

To me, I couldn't care any less how many retails are made and sold, I don't collect them, but they are absolutely killing the SGA market, and that bothers me...

Oh well, at least we have more Hank the Dog bobbleheads to look forward to in our future, we just can't get enough of that little mutt. UGH!

That Molitor bobble with him sliding looks great. Actually all the pictures they have released so far look really good.

Absolutely, this could be their best year as far as likeness and quality, but before we get too excited, we have to realize that the photos they release are prototypes. The ones the fans get will be mass-painted and treated like crap before we get our hands on them.

:(

A nice thing about the $99 price tag on this BHOMs...I went two days after the release date and they still had them for sale. Maybe it'll be this way the whole year and not sell out in the first day. It also works to my advantage that the resale on these are nowhere near cost...

At what point do bobbleheads go the way of baseball cards? Are we close?

I think that Beanie Babies would be a more appropriate analogy when you consider some of the parallels (low entry price, limited supply, few retailers, etc). Can you still picture the "beanie gypsies?"

The Hank the Dog mania is far from over, there will probably be a statue, an interactive area, and a sainthood before all is said and done... I'm only partly kidding, but which part am I kidding about? Time will tell...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived