Brewer Fanatic

Theme Night @ Miller Park

Bombers

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2015/02/17/theme-nights-coming-to-miller-park-in-2015-brewers-to-host-star-wars-major-league-country-and-zubazpalooza-nights/

The Harry Doyle Night and Lightsaber Luc are only for 4,000 fans but those tickets are on sale now. So get em if it perks your interest. The theme's are:

5/29 - Country Night - Cowboy/Brewers hat in addition to Joe Nichols concert

5/30 - Star Wars Night with Lightsaber luc - only 4,000 tickets available - fans who purchase the Star Wars Night ticket package will receive a limited-edition Jonathan Lucroy “Jedi Luc” bobblehead

7/12 - Zubazpalooza - receive a pair of green and blue Zubaz pants with the Brewers 90’s with select ticket purchase

7/21 - Harry Doyle Night - Fans who purchase the special Major League Night ticket package will receive a limited-edition talking Harry Doyle bobblehead with famous quotes including: “This guy threw at his own kid in a father-son game,” “Personally, I think we got hosed on that call” and “Juuust a bit outside.”

Quite frankly Harry Doyle night or Major League night is pretty sweet as that movie will just always be one of my favs.

I will buy one of those bobbles. so amazing

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

It should be pretty easy to apply the themes. Other than decorating the stadium and showing characters, they can play the songs from Star Wars and Major League between innings, have the sausages dressed differently, maybe do some sort of special uniforms, etc.

Yes, don't expect the actors that played the characters but the fans that do the costumes do a real good job and they look like the real thing.

This describes it perfectly. I went to the T-Rats' SW night last season, & it was a lot of fun. They did a lot with movie clips on the videoboard, & each player had a SW 'alter ego' name & player pic for the videoboard. The costumed characters were even walking around the parking lot pre-game & posing for pics with tailgaters. Fun stuff.

The best moment was when the visiting team hit a HR -- the videoboard very quickly played the clip of Luke screaming, "Noooo!" (when he learns Vader is his father). Many actual lols were had in the stadium on that one.

I want to see a Mark Hamill doppelganger throw out the first pitch to Darth Vader, but first they pay tribute to "Field of Dreams."

Luke: "Hey, Dad?"

Vader: "Yes, my son?"

Luke: "You wanna have a catch?"

This would be... amazing

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think a fun night would craft beer night. Invite all of them and have stations set up through the concourse. Sort of like a taste test type of thing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think a fun night would craft beer night. Invite all of them and have stations set up through the concourse. Sort of like a taste test type of thing.

That would be fun. But probably never going to happen at a place named "Miller Park."

I would think there has to be a way of getting around such a thing. I know they already have a craft beer station set up. Not sure if they are affiliated with Miller or not.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Isn't (or wasn't) there a bar that is all Leinenkugel's in the OF?

I believe there is but didn't they sell out to Miller? I'm not sure.

Miller distributes, Leine's, Coors, Redd's, as well as others. However, there are different local microbrews available if you look. MKE Brewery has a few different selections available I know for sure.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Miller distributes, Leine's, Coors, Redd's, as well as others. However, there are different local microbrews available if you look. MKE Brewery has a few different selections available I know for sure.

There are the craft brew stands that sell out of bottles/cans which sell craft beer (MKE, 8Bit IPA, Sierra Nevada).

Leinie's is distributed by Miller, but Miller treats them as autonomous and they still do almost all their own R&D for their beers.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 3 weeks later...
So I just got my tickets for the Star Wars night. For each seat they sent two tickets: one for the seat and one to exchange for the bobblehead. I already had tickets to this game in better seats so I won't use the actual game tickets. I'm thinking about selling these on StubHub for cheap since all I really wanted was the bobblehead, but I'm worried that they will ask me to show the ticket for my seat when collecting the bobblehead. Does anyone know how this works? I assume not since I believe this is a new type of promotion but maybe someone has some insider info.

• 2 months later...

We took our 3 & 4 year old sons to this game, and was their first Brewers game. It was as successful as you'd imagine with kids that age. They lost interest about 15 minutes after the first pitch and we wound up in the kid's play area in the terrace area by the 3rd inning.

The real bummer was my 3 year old lost his Brewers hat in that tube-thing while 40 other kids were climbing around. I asked him what happened (if he took it off, or did someone take it from him). So far the suspects are "Iron Man" and "The Troublemakers" from Team Umizoomi. I'm pretty sure he got hot and took it off somewhere inside - he's pretty big for a 3 year old (48 lbs) and has a bit of a temper problem so I don't think he'd let someone swipe his hat without a fight. We asked some of the older kids to look for it in the tubes (they couldn't find it) and I didn't notice anyone with the hat. It's a pretty unique hat (royal blue with ball & glove logo, except the logo is entirely white - haven't seen anyone else with a hat like that). We left our information with guest services, and we know it's a long shot but hopefully it turns up.

Gruber Lawffices

Archived