Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2015–16

jjgott
Pirates lost again, they are 1 - 7 against everyone not milwaukee this year. LOL

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bernie Williams is going to have his number retired by the Yankees. Don't get me wrong, he was a great player, but was he "Number Retired by Yankees" great? I don't think so.

No. This would be close to if the Brewers were to retire Geoff Jenkins' jersey.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Bernie Williams is going to have his number retired by the Yankees. Don't get me wrong, he was a great player, but was he "Number Retired by Yankees" great? I don't think so.

No. This would be close to if the Brewers were to retire Geoff Jenkins' jersey.

Then again Geoff Jenkins didn't start on four World Series Champion teams.

Did KC and The White Sox get into scraps tonight? I missed it if they did. I was watching for a few minutes - long enough to see Sale plunk Moustakas and right away figured KC would retaliate (didn't realize they'd been hit 18 times in 16 games). I switched to the NHL Playoffs, and then came back to the KC/CWS game later and they were talking about ejections for both clubs.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v86661883/kccws-tempers-flare-in-chicago-as-benches-clear

Indeed they did. Too bad you have to hear it from the White Sox feed with Hawk, but there's the video. Ventura definitely said, ""Fudge" you" to Adam Eaton. I've been reading Eaton may have called him a sucker of roosters first, but who knows.

It's nice to see teams that have intensity, no matter how misguided it may be, instead of the "aw, shucks" Brewers that only know how to say "yes, sir, may I have another." Resigning Prince would not have been good financially for the franchise but I think his presence is greatly missed in the dugout.

I keep reading about all the hoopla about the Cubs not having Kris Bryant on the opening day roster and potentially filing a grievance because the Cubs didn't have the 25 best players on the roster. It's obvious the Cubs kept him down to get an extra year of him, which is the right thing for the franchise to do, but if a grievance is filed what is to keep a lot of other players from doing the same? The Brewers didn't take their best 25. I'd be hard pressed to find much support that Schaefer should have made the roster over Clark or Rogers. Could they make a case against the Brewers?

I keep reading about all the hoopla about the Cubs not having Kris Bryant on the opening day roster and potentially filing a grievance because the Cubs didn't have the 25 best players on the roster. It's obvious the Cubs kept him down to get an extra year of him, which is the right thing for the franchise to do, but if a grievance is filed what is to keep a lot of other players from doing the same? The Brewers didn't take their best 25. I'd be hard pressed to find much support that Schaefer should have made the roster over Clark or Rogers. Could they make a case against the Brewers?

It's a silly grievance that's impossible to prove. Any prospect could use more seasoning (for example, the fact that Kris Bryant is a horrendous defender). It's also incredibly insulting to the other MLBPA members on the Cubs roster like Mike Olt.

Bryant is a chump. Hope he fails this season and for the rest of his career.

Bryant is a chump. Hope he fails this season and for the rest of his career.

Maybe I missed it but I don't recall Bryant saying anything wrong. Just that he was disappointed and couldn't wait to get to the majors. Obvious and nothing wrong with saying that. Boras is the one who made it into a thing.

Looks like Adam Wainwright is done for the season with an injured achilles. That's a big blow to the Cardinals.

I just saw the update on MLB Channel; haven't found a link to confirm yet - probably won't come out until Monday morning.

Poor Cardinals. Maybe they want Lohse or Garza? Lol
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looks like Adam Wainwright is done for the season with an injured achilles. That's a big blow to the Cardinals.

I just saw the update on MLB Channel; haven't found a link to confirm yet - probably won't come out until Monday morning.

The last time I thought the Cardinals were done with Wainwright going down with a season injury they won the World Series.

Hopefully this and the Scherzer injury create a Posey style buzz and we finally join the 21st century with the DH in the NL.

The Brewers would just let a guy like Schafer hit anyways so I'm just fine with keeping the pitchers in the lineup.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Brewers would just let a guy like Schafer hit anyways so I'm just fine with keeping the pitchers in the lineup.

Yeah it wouldn't help much this year for sure. I just feel that the game has changed to the point where pitchers hitting makes no sense. They don't get nearly the AB they used to, other pitchers throw more breaking pitches etc. Even a positional player really struggles to stay productive when they only get in the lineup once a week, it is an outdated concept. It is really obvious that the two leagues need to be the same now that interleague is such a big deal and it makes way more sense to both go DH than both go pitchers hit given today's game.

Yes the NL should join the 21st Century and add even more pitcher injury avoidance rules. They can add the DF or designated fielder who runs in front of the pitcher as he is delivering the pitch to field any balls hit at the pitcher. They could also add the DS or the guy who runs out to the mound at the end of an inning and the pitcher hops on his back so he can be carried to the dugout, down the steps and gently put onto the bench to avoid an injuries who is obviously the designated Scherzer. Of course the DS has to be ready to return the pitcher to the mound once the inning is over. Or would the DS be the designated soaper - the guy who takes on the high risk job of getting body wash for pitchers (and players) because we dont want to have any unnecessary injuries now do we......

Along the same vein . . .

Archie Bradley of the Diamondbacks was drilled in the face with a line drive last night.

We've GOT to protect these pitchers! Starting in 2016, all pitchers will pitch with an "L" screen in front of the mound!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah it wouldn't help much this year for sure. I just feel that the game has changed to the point where pitchers hitting makes no sense. They don't get nearly the AB they used to, other pitchers throw more breaking pitches etc. Even a positional player really struggles to stay productive when they only get in the lineup once a week, it is an outdated concept. It is really obvious that the two leagues need to be the same now that interleague is such a big deal and it makes way more sense to both go DH than both go pitchers hit given today's game.

I agree with you that the DH is probably needed in the NL due to how they are babied in the minors and in college these days with hitting. I hate that it takes strategy out of the game but I guess the other positive is that you can have a guy later in his career, prolong his career because of the DH. Keeps favorites around a little longer.

Adding the DH to the NL would only put teams like the Brewers further behind big market teams who can afford to pay a 9th hitter to be their DH.

Without looking, are there that many more big markets in the AL and smaller markets in the NL?

good point Jericho. Well right away you have LA, NY, WAS, SF, Chicago, PHI, all as what would be considered big markets. Yea, not good for us.

For those picking on Scherzer (http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/04/28/national-league-dh-max-scherzer-clarifies-comments). Gee, I wonder why athletes more and more refuse to talk to the media.

I think it's plain stupid to have different rules in both leagues. It inherently puts the NL at disadvantage in intraleague and world series. I would slightly favor making it the NL way but I don't care either way, just make it the same. I accept there's no way DH is going away so they might as well just move to it in the NL already.

Archived