Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2015–16

jjgott
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the Brewers had a prospect they could call up and insert him directly into the cleanup spot.

Where did Braun bat when he came up in the series at San Diego? I want to say it was like 5th or 6th but I can't remember.

I wish the Brewers had a prospect they could call up and insert him directly into the cleanup spot.

Where did Braun bat when he came up in the series at San Diego? I want to say it was like 5th or 6th but I can't remember.

He hit 2 for 2 games and then 3 or 4 for the rest of the season

Brett Lawrie with a pretty dirty slide on Escobar. Pretty sure KC will drill him tomorrow.

I don't see anything dirty about it. It was late but he went right at the bag, cleats down, and didn't hook or grab at Escobar's legs. It would be nice to see more of the Brewers do something like that instead of the usual ho-hum, passive, aw-shucks we suck attitude they have. CarGo is the only one I can see going hard into second like that.

I cannot wait for Kris Bryant to flop in his rookie season. The press coverage is unbearable, with the lead headline on MLB.com being about his amazing defensive performance in turning a double play.

I cannot wait for Kris Bryant to flop in his rookie season. The press coverage is unbearable, with the lead headline on MLB.com being about his amazing defensive performance in turning a double play.

I want to see him flop just so everyone can stop accusing the Cubs of committing the crime of the century by not having him on the opening day roster.

To be fair though, the guy OPS'd over 1.000 at every level. Him flopping would be quite the shocker.

Brett Lawrie with a pretty dirty slide on Escobar. Pretty sure KC will drill him tomorrow.

I don't see anything dirty about it. It was late but he went right at the bag, cleats down, and didn't hook or grab at Escobar's legs. It would be nice to see more of the Brewers do something like that instead of the usual ho-hum, passive, aw-shucks we suck attitude they have. CarGo is the only one I can see going hard into second like that.

What angle did you see? His cleat was up and hit Escobar right in the leg. I'm not saying it was intentional, but his cleat was definitely up and not down at the bag.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v78171283/oakkc-hard-slide-injures-escobar-benches-clear/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

I'm not sure you can watch the angle from LF and see Lawrie's foot up and not call it dirty. Again, doubt he was trying to injur Escobar but you don't slide with your cleat up. Had there been a take out slide and he kept his cleat down then I don't think it's an issue. It was an ugly slide.

What angle did you see? His cleat was up and hit Escobar right in the leg. I'm not saying it was intentional, but his cleat was definitely up and not down at the bag.

I just rewatched it and I guess his cleats were a little up but I wouldn't say anymore than most players when they slide into 2nd. Either way he went right into the bag and didn't roll up or try to hook Escobar. To me it looks like nothing more than one of those things that can happen at 2nd on a double play.

I just rewatched it and I guess his cleats were a little up but I wouldn't say anymore than most players when they slide into 2nd. Either way he went right into the bag and didn't roll up or try to hook Escobar. To me it looks like nothing more than one of those things that can happen at 2nd on a double play.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Ian Desmond is having a brutal defensive season so far; it's like he's got the yips with all-things fielding.

I want to see him flop just so everyone can stop accusing the Cubs of committing the crime of the century by not having him on the opening day roster.

To be fair though, the guy OPS'd over 1.000 at every level. Him flopping would be quite the shocker.

I don't expect him to wash out of the league, but people are acting like he is a lock to be Mike Trout 2.0, so I just want him to be mediocre (like so many uber-prospects before - Matt Wieters comes to mind though there are surely better examples)

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/119233016/tempers-remain-hot-following-series-finale-between-as-royals

Never thought I'd say this but I miss the days of Ned Yost. Placed in this same situation Ken Macha wrote a letter to the commissioner and Ron can't be bothered to stop reading his lineup card to leave the dugout.

Did Escobar and Lawrie ever play in the Minors together? I agree about the Yost comment missing. I mean flat out, Kelvin Herrera can throw 100MPH and he did it twice at Lawrie, albeit not hitting him. KC has Flamethrowers like that to protect their own. And Yost, showing he means business on protecting his own. If you're an opposing coach, you know this, do you really hit someone on purpose? Knowing it will come back to your team and likely with a 100MPH pitch? Not going to be happening as much anymore this season for the Royals and that is good for that team. You have Will Smith to plunk a Lefty and Jerremy Jeffress to plunk a Righty to make a statement. Get the time angry, fired up and even some bench-clearing with these results. For KC they have one of the best records in baseball, this shown they will protect their own to keep it that way from competitors.

Some people are against this stuff. For me, if I were playing for Yost vs. Roenicke, There'd be an extra pep in my step out of the batter's box. Extra trying in the later innings when behind. There's more will to fight to win. And Maybe that's why the Royals beat the A's with a comeback in the Playoff series.

That rant is ridiculous on so many levels. He comes off looking like a major tool. Its the media's job to report; not to do the Reds bidding and only report the good stuff.

I agree. Seemed like an innocent and reasonable question. It wasn't like he was asking for the 3rd base coaches signs or the scouting report for their next opponent. Imagine how mad he would be if his team was 2-11!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yo this kris bryant kid? Hes sorta decent

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Anyone going to watch this tonight? Seems like it might be interesting, but also seems like it may be a bit of information overload:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/119234412/statcast-technology-debut-2015-cardinals-nationals-mlb-network

Statcast seems cool but even to the most information/data driven fan it's going to get old fast.

Archived