Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2015–16

jjgott
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were rumblings among Cub beat writers and internal sources within the organization as early as before the all star break last year that Boras, Bryant, and their team were miffed he wasn't already in the majors when he clearly deserved to be - and the slight not to bring him up midseason last year more or less sealed what will be a lot of conflict with team controlled contracts and arbitration until Bryan reaches free agency. That's simply how Boras does business with his most prized clients.

Players like Mike Trout and Bryce Harper were in the big leagues well before their 22nd birthday - Bryant profiles as that type of talent, and should be on the opening day roster for the Cubs from a baseball sense. He's not 20, he's already 24. $ trumps baseball sense with the current CBA, which is why Bryant likely will be in Des Moines for a few weeks of April.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/19/joe-west-ejects-a-j-pierzynski-by-calmly-telling-the-braves-dugout-you-need-a-new-catcher/

Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.”

I'm torn between liking this (because it's pretty funny) and being upset by it (because Joe West is such a huge turd).

Just a few words on the little league scam: The blame goes entirely to the parents and team officials. Did the kids know they were breaking the rules? Absolutely! But kids do what the grownups tell them to do.

Everyone that thinks they can cheat and get away with it WILL, regardless of age, but the blame has to go to the cheating adults. I think the trophy should be returned to the team that didn't get caught. (I assume it was)

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./876/493/jackie-robinson-west.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Just a few words on the little league scam: The blame goes entirely to the parents and team officials. Did the kids know they were breaking the rules? Absolutely! But kids do what the grownups tell them to do.

Everyone that thinks they can cheat and get away with it WILL, regardless of age, but the blame has to go to the cheating adults. I think the trophy should be returned to the team that didn't get caught. (I assume it was)

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./876/493/jackie-robinson-west.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Sure, the blame goes to the parents but you can't just treat the kids like nothing wrong happened. Whether or not the kids knew what they were doing, they broke the rules.

Jericho, being exposed as cheaters HAD to be tough on the kids, particularly the ones that were over age. Of course, you know that kids can't keep a secret. They all knew the ringers. But I'm sure the adults told them that every team had 'em to justify the scam.

What's a kid to do? :ohwell

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, Brett Lawrie of the Athletics went 0-for-4. With 4 strikeouts. On 12 pitches.

Hard to do, folks.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yesterday, Brett Lawrie of the Athletics went 0-for-4. With 4 strikeouts. On 12 pitches.

Hard to do, folks.

Technically, that would actually be pretty easy to do if you tried to do it.

Hard to do, folks.

Technically, that would actually be pretty easy to do if you tried to do it.

I could definitely do it!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Hard to do, folks.

That's insane. Didn't see any video, but according to this article the only fast ball thrown to him was the first pitch of the first AB. So, I have to imagine he was swinging at some pitches outside the zone. The Mike Schmidt story regarding this same feat is incredible also. Never know what you will see at a MLB game (or any baseball game for that matter).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/08/as-brett-lawrie-strikes-out-four-times-on-12-pitches-emulating-mike-schmidt-with-one-big-difference/?wprss=rss_sports

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So after his first start with the Cubs last week Jon Lester was asked about how his lack of throwing over to first and he responded with something along the lines of it's not a big deal, he just hasn't had the need to throw over to first for the last 2 years. Then this, from last night's game....

https://youtu.be/U73Pr7Lg-Zc

Yeah Jon, it's not a big deal at all...perfectly normal not to throw over to first for 2 years as a left handed pitcher

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/04/14/on-the-scene-give-a-j-a-hand-anyone/

Burnett’s counterpart, Shane Greene, pitched eight innings without an earned run for the second time in as many starts, and he held the Pirates to three hits. But they came away barely impressed.

“Luck,” one player told me. “And help, too. He had lots of help.”

That was one of my many derisive references in the clubhouse to home plate umpire David Rackley.

“I give the guy credit for throwing strikes and being in the zone,” another player said. “But he got all the help in the world. That was a big part of this.”

Of Greene’s 81 pitches — 10 per inning — 58 were called strikes.

I guess pitchers have been lucky against he pirates the last week as they lead the league in strikeouts with 78 on the season. BTW, our brewers sit at 26th in the league in K's with 51.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Carter Capps delivery: legal or not?

http://m.mlb.com/video/v73287783/miaatl-capps-hopstep-delivery-analyzed/?query=capps

For me the legality is really irrelevant. I understand how he's getting an advantage by doing this but I can't see how he can have any control nor how the laws of physics can allow him to throw as hard as he does while doing it.

Anyone see the Mariners/Dodgers game last night? The Mariners were losing 5-2 and Morrison just walked to load the bases with one out. Problem was Cano was on 3rd base and thought the bases were loaded so he's trotting home gets about half way and is thrown out trying to scramble back to 3rd.

Anyone see the Mariners/Dodgers game last night? The Mariners were losing 5-2 and Morrison just walked to load the bases with one out. Problem was Cano was on 3rd base and thought the bases were loaded so he's trotting home gets about half way and is thrown out trying to scramble back to 3rd.

This can't be true -- the Brewers are the only team that makes those kinds of boneheaded mistakes!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Meant to post this earlier but why did MLB Network think it was a good idea to put Chris Russo on their network? That guy just constantly screams about who knows what because you can't understand him because he's screaming. He's like the Abe Simpson "Old Man Yells at Cloud."

There have been a couple occasions where Brian Kenny visits his show (or vice versa) and it is comedy gold.

You've got a sabermatrician vs. an eye-ball test guy and they both VEHEMENTLY believe that they are correct.

Comedy. Gold.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived