Brewer Fanatic

Greatest Coach

Web Jim Edmonds

Man talk about a tough call. I would have to say Belichick because I see the NFL as the toughest place to create a dynasty. He's got Brady to help him with that, but what great coach doesn't have great players? You can obviously make a case for all these guys, but I will go Bill.

I think I'd go Coach K #1. He really created the program and has to do it with high academic standards. And has essentially done it all scandal free. Then throw in his work resurrecting USA bball and the clear respect he has from people in all levels of basketball.

#2: Popovich. The last few years of the Spurs has shifted the entire way NBA basketball is being played. For people not watching the NBA who think the league is still boring isolation, they need to watch games that don't involve Lebron and you'll see great basketball all over the league. Ironic thing about those people is they will all say the love Jordan and that the league fell off after him, when it's really his isolation style that everyone else copied that made the league bad to watch for years after he left.

Belichick would probably be my #1 if not for the numerous scandals and shady tactics. I take Jackson out just because he had MJ/Pippen and Kobe/Shaq. and in spite of his zen master image he couldn't keep MJs head on straight to avoid the retirement/suspension and couldn't stop Kobe/Shaq from splitting up. Then he quit after the split and waited until Stern gifted him Gasol to come back and win again.

I don't think John Wooden would be considered "our era". Regardless, CBB setup was much different then. only like 8 teams made the tournament and he was paying his players illegally and always had by far the best team. I think Tom Trebelhorn could've led those teams to a few national titles

Archived