Brewer Fanatic

Weird web hosting/domain question

jerichoholicninja
A number of years ago I had a website created for an organization I run. I had a guy create the templates and get the hosting and domain set up and then he turned everything over to me. Ever since I have done all the updating and maintenance. Long story short, everything is registered in this guy's name and company and I would like to change it because I have found out he is a registered child sex offender and I do not want to be associated with him at all. I can't change anything on Fatcow because it is all registered under his company and I don't have access to it. I can't contact the guy because his phone number is disconnected and I'm pretty sure he's in jail anyway. I want to discontinue all my service with Fatcow and start over somewhere else. If I call Fatcow do you think they could release everything to me?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I let everything expire and I tried to re-register my domain with another place and it said it was already taken. So I checked out the Whois info and it's still registered to me for another year. I tried to log in to the old host and my account has been deleted.

How the hell can I get access to a domain I supposedly own now?

I'd get in touch with fatcow and tell them you did not want to be charged for another year (how did they charge you anyway?)

They must have information on hand to verify you are the owner and be able to reset access, etc on their end.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'd get in touch with fatcow and tell them you did not want to be charged for another year (how did they charge you anyway?)

They must have information on hand to verify you are the owner and be able to reset access, etc on their end.

They actually haven't charged me which adds to my confusion.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived