Brewer Fanatic

K-Rod On His Way Back to Milwaukee?

pacopete4
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like its down to Milwaukee and Miami for K-Rod... Decision coming soon.

Rooting for the Marlins on this one!

Depends on the deal for me. If it happens to be a one year deal $5mil or less, I'm totally on board. If anything greater than that... no thanks.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't think you can sign him to a 1/6mil deal/ 2/10mil deal if he's asking for 10mil per. It has to be an option type deal with incentives. I think I put it down earlier of 1/6mil with incentives to 10mil~say saves. reaching 25 is 350k, 30 is 500k, 35 is 750k, 40 is 1mil. And/or Games Finished 50 being worth 500k 60 being worth 1mil. Could also see IP if he reaches 60+ netting a mil.

Keep in mind not all of these suggestions to be used, just an example of what I'd think would get him somewhere closer to the 10mil pricetag he's commanding.

Maybe you do the Option year at 10mil only. 1year 6mil with 10mil option. Kicks in at 40+saves or 60+IP? or 50+ games finished something like that?

I don't think you can sign him to a 1/6mil deal/ 2/10mil deal if he's asking for 10mil per. It has to be an option type deal with incentives. I think I put it down earlier of 1/6mil with incentives to 10mil~say saves. reaching 25 is 350k, 30 is 500k, 35 is 750k, 40 is 1mil. And/or Games Finished 50 being worth 500k 60 being worth 1mil. Could also see IP if he reaches 60+ netting a mil.

Keep in mind not all of these suggestions to be used, just an example of what I'd think would get him somewhere closer to the 10mil pricetag he's commanding.

Maybe you do the Option year at 10mil only. 1year 6mil with 10mil option. Kicks in at 40+saves or 60+IP? or 50+ games finished something like that?

I would be fine with this deal. K-Rod has never lacked confidence so this might be enough of an incentive to sign for a lower base salary if he can potentially make $10M next season based on games finished. For all of his personal issues and erratic pitching, he would make our bullpen better going into the season.

David Robertson got $10M+ a year this offseason. No one in their right mind should give KRod $10M in any season, especially in the middle of spring training. He made $3.25M last year, I think doubling that to $6.5M this year would be fair but there can't be many teams that have that much space in their budget right now.

I don't think you can sign him to a 1/6mil deal/ 2/10mil deal if he's asking for 10mil per.

Who cares what he is asking? He will get what the market will pay, and right now it isn't paying what he wants. His best leverage, if he feels he has to be paid at least X amount of dollars, is to be willing to wait and hope some team comes a calling, either through injury or underperformance that can afford him.

I wouldn't mind an incentives laden contract, except you know RR will keep throwing him out there all season even if he is stinking it up - so you can't go that route.

KRod is a $6-8 million reliever. Realistically let's not look at the money. Let's leave that to Doug and Mark. Would he improve our bullpen? Maybe I'm still in shock from all the hammering last year, but it baffles me that Kintzler is on the 40-man roster and not a NRI.

C'mon, he was truly excellent 2 seasons ago and still good last season. I suppose if you believe there is a decline going on you'd give up on him. Excellent at getting ground balls too.
Formerly AKA Pete

his overall numbers were okay last year, but I'm baffled how that happened. Looking at splits, Kintzler had a totally bipolar season. God awful in Miller Park, very good on road. 3 bad months, 3 good months. serves it up to righties, gets lefties out. Maybe I'm remembering his months of June and August when he was getting hit hard.

his overall numbers were okay last year, but I'm baffled how that happened. Looking at splits, Kintzler had a totally bipolar season. God awful in Miller Park, very good on road. 3 bad months, 3 good months. serves it up to righties, gets lefties out. Maybe I'm remembering his months of June and August when he was getting hit hard.

I think it was an MLB video with him or maybe it was the ST story and it was something to do with an injury. I think he hid it from the team which is a negative in itself, but whatever. Hopefully he is back, but if he isn't throwing well he could get let go.

Formerly AKA Pete

KRod has signed with a team. Marlins beat writer says it's not with Miami. Hetman says it's not with the Jays either. Hopefully a 1 year deal with us.

Yep it has to be us... Not sure who else was in on K-Rod.

Damn there's gonna be some tough cuts for this bullpen... Gonna be fun to see how it unfolds.

Kintzler. He came in the games with 37runners on base and allowed 11 of them to score. That's why HIS numbers are good and others are worse because he didn't have that kind of inherited runner issue. He gave them up. Thats why some of us remember him as being awfully bad and others see him as a positive RP to have. He doesn't K people so the ball will be put in to play. Put it this way, he's below Avg. He doesn't belong on this team. There's no upside in keeping him unlike Jerremy Jeffress. And KRod is certainly a better RP option than Kintzler just has to be for a reasonable price.

Archived