Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo to the Rangers for IF Luis Sardiñas, RHP Corey Knebel, & RHP Marcos Diplan [lead post includes in-thread links to video & scouting reports]

jwill535
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm kind of blown away that they are parting with Gallardo. I just thought they were giving it one more go with basically the team from last year... so why lose Gallardo. I don't like it.

How can you say you don't like it without even knowing what they're getting back? Sure if they trade him for Aaron Poreda and Adam Rosales, that's an awful deal but if they got Joey Gallo and Alex Gonzalez (not happening but I'm making a point) then I'm not sure how anyone could not like the deal.

I don't think they'd be trading Gallardo without a corresponding move to bring in another SP.

A few panning-out-decently prospects for a year of Zimmermann vs. a single #1 pick for several years of Shields (or Scherzer, whom I'd prefer, tho' he appears DC-bound).... That'll be interesting to see what/if/how all this unfolds.

Who's to say that neither Texas nor Gallardo wants to sign an extension and it's just for one year? Gallardo went to high school in the Fort Worth area, and there is a huge Mexican population there to market Gallardo to. Could increase the return for Gallardo.

I'm kind of blown away that they are parting with Gallardo. I just thought they were giving it one more go with basically the team from last year... so why lose Gallardo. I don't like it.

How can you say you don't like it without even knowing what they're getting back? Sure if they trade him for Aaron Poreda and Adam Rosales, that's an awful deal but if they got Joey Gallo and Alex Gonzalez (not happening but I'm making a point) then I'm not sure how anyone could not like the deal.

Let me rephrase and say for this coming year, I don't like it. And that's because I'm pretty sure it'll be prospects and I see the drop-off from Gallardo to Nelson as substantial... for this year.

I wanted to give it another shot this year + Lind. So I'm disappointed with the move. For this coming year. I don't believe we're getting some other great pitcher to take his place. Hope I'm wrong though.

If they deal Gallardo for a prospect, my guess is they'll either:

A) Sign Shields

B) Trade for Zimmerman

C) Sign K-Rod and/or other bullpen option

I'd recommend not looking at the Gallardo transaction in a vacuum. Lots of things can happen.

Let me rephrase and say for this coming year, I don't like it. And that's because I'm pretty sure it'll be prospects and I see the drop-off from Gallardo to Nelson as substantial... for this year.

I wanted to give it another shot this year + Lind. So I'm disappointed with the move. For this coming year. I don't believe we're getting some other great pitcher to take his place. Hope I'm wrong though.

Replacing Gallardo with Nelson or a replacement level pitcher does not doom the 2015 season. Braun's thumb not being 100%, time catching up with Ramirez, and a bullpen of question marks does though.

Kinda laugh at the Ranger fans saying we need to eat salary. If we have to eat salary I see no point in trading Yo...he's our longtime "prized" pitcher and its not even a terrible salary. Melvin usually makes out like a bandit in trades so I think he will probably do well here too.

Nelson and Gallardo basically project to be the same. By Zips they have an ERA 3.94 vs 3.95 and FIP of a 3.92 vs 3.98. The big issue is who the sixth starter then is. I have no clue who that would even be at this point assuming they aren't stretching out Smith (which would not be a terrible idea).

Can Sardinas play 3B and or SS? I see he is listed as a 2B, anyone know if he can be versatile? I'd hate to think we are going to carry two guys who can only play 2B again this season if this trade goes down.

If we land him, what becomes of Scooter? I really wanted to see Scooter get the full time 2B gig this coming season...

How soon before Sardinas is major league ready?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived