Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo to the Rangers for IF Luis Sardiñas, RHP Corey Knebel, & RHP Marcos Diplan [lead post includes in-thread links to video & scouting reports]

jwill535
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahahaha return Of the prince

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Gallo?

If Profar is off the table why would Gallo be available?

I'll take him to...then trade him with Davis and Nelson for tulo.....then sign max.....all in

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing no

Odor???

He would be a good platoon and utility infielder to match up with Segura and Gennett.

I think it is Gonzalez and another player for Gallardo which would be a steal for the Brewers. I wouldn't be surprised then to see Mark A. to go out and get Scherzer after this trade is done. Right now it is the Tigers and a slight rumor of the Cardinals looking at Scherzer not much of a market and the Tigers have just been waiting for a team to show interest in Scherzer so they can say hey we tried and we couldn't resign him.

I think it is Gonzalez and another player for Gallardo which would be a steal for the Brewers. I wouldn't be surprised then to see Mark A. to go out and get Scherzer after this trade is done. Right now it is the Tigers and a slight rumor of the Cardinals looking at Scherzer not much of a market and the Tigers have just been waiting for a team to show interest in Scherzer so they can say hey we tried and we couldn't resign him.

Just for the sake of complete BS'ing and dreaming, let us not forget that Sherman was the guy that randomly said Scherzer / Brewers way back in November..and he's implying again that we may be in on Scherzer or Shields again in January with this move.

Max Scherzer - Brewers

Under owner Mark Attanasio, the Brewers are a sneaky aggressive team. They obtained CC Sabathia at the 2008 trade deadline, and they were stealthily pursuing David Price last July.

Their need for a No. 1 starter who would line up mid-rotation types such as Yovani Gallardo, Matt Garza and Kyle Lohse more properly is overt.

They have just one significant long-term obligation, to Ryan Braun, and team-friendly deals to star-level players Carlos Gomez and Jonathan Lucroy. That makes investing big on a difference maker possible.

They have a win-now nucleus but aren’t going to do that without an ace. Also, Milwaukee probably can see the nearby and fellow NL Central Cubs have hired manager Joe Maddon and are talking about adding one or two aces of their own to go with their core of young standout hitting prospects.

With St. Louis and Pittsburgh already strong in the division, Milwaukee has some pressure to keep up.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/08/hardball-looks-at-best-landing-spots-for-mlb-free-agents/

Anyone know a good Rangers beat writer to follow to see who they're giving up?

https://twitter.com/JeffWilson_FWST

He does have this about a proposed Evan Gattis trade so something similar. Not sure if the Rangers would give up either of those players for Gallardo though I was thinking Gonzalez but it looks like the Rangers like him a lot.

#Rangers sought an Evan Gattis trade, but Atlanta wanted prospects Alex Gonzalez and/or Nomar Mazara. Too much in #Rangers' minds.

Wait, Polish you'd trade a top-25 starter for a backup IF and a guy that may never play in the majors?

Maybe that's not enough. I am not very familiar with the Rangers system. When I say utilitiy infielder I am thinking it needs to be somebody good enough to fill in for Jean Segura if needed, who I have a lack of confidence in after last season. And when I say good prospect I mean someone who is expected to have an impact in the MLB.

I really like Gallardo and it's sad to see long time Brewers go. But I don't consider him to be a top 25 pitcher as you say. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if Nelson turns out to have a season as good as Gallardo's. Then you save $12 million for similar production. And if that money is reinvested in a couple quality bullpen arms then that has to be taken into consideration, the grand scheme. I think it makes sense but look forward to seeing the return. Whats taking so long?

Archived