Brewer Fanatic

2015 Explain Your Avatar

RobDeer 45

I just thought about this topic yesterday as I was reading threw a thread and wasn't sure about a few people's avatars. Or just why they had what they had. I was plesently surprised that there were some old topics in 2008 and later with the exact same idea. So let's hear it, why do you have the avatar you have?

Mine is pretty simple. I was looking for a picture that best showed the true spirit of Rob Deer. Flowing red mullet, aggressive swings. We can probably guess, that in this picture of him, he either struck out swinging or hit a massive home run, and that's why I like it!

I've used Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis's image on this board probably for 10 years or so.

To me, he's one of the most photogenic guys that I can think of. The angry scowl, the heavy wool suit, the mass of white hair on a small man. I like to use the Judge to release the ornery side of me, and I think he sort of puts an exclamation point on a post.

And, I love baseball history and the Hall of Fame, so I like the connection there, too.

I'm not so fond of his racism, but he's iconic.

I've been a huge Star Wars fan my entire life, I used to rotate around a series of Star Wars themed avatars but I haven't felt like it in many years and Darth Maul just happened to be the last change I made so he's been the guy.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I've been a huge Star Wars fan my entire life, I used to rotate around a series of Star Wars themed avatars but I haven't felt like it in many years and Darth Maul just happened to be the last change I made so he's been the guy.

Well it's a great one to be 'stuck' with. The background being utter darkness works perfectly for an avatar imo.

Mine is an iconic image from my favorite part of my favorite film of all-time.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Me with the two most important people in the world (albeit from a few years ago) at Miller Park, our home away from home.

My son, the now 17-year old high school junior, is the same 3-year old that inspired the screen name on a Brewer trip to Pittsburgh as he called out for the Brewer rookie pitcher by repeated yelling "Hey Ben Sheeps". Sheets responded with a "baaa" (Still one of my best Brewer memories)

Um, I think it's still the official logo of PITCH League Baseball. Our former tabletop baseball league used Pursue the Pennant (made in Brookfield, initially) and now uses Diamond Mind Baseball simulation software. We just celebrated our 25th year last season.

edit: Whoops, it's the PITCH League Tournament logo. Our league had 10 teams in the post-season way before the majors did. They keep stealing our ideas!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Robin Yount image borrowed from the Jumbotron Art of Peter Chen found on the pages of Iconic Ballplayers. The site includes many great renderings of former ballplayers. Images of other former Brewers include Paul Molitor, Cecil Cooper, and Rollie Fingers. Originally stumbled upon the Jumbotron Art from the pages of another fun baseball website, Eephus League.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived