Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went with a few different kinds of chili powder. Shouldn't have added the ketchup as it added just a little bit of sugar I didn't want. But all in all it was good. Not bad for my first time making chili. Boss was just playing around, but visibly voted for himself and then gave me the opportunity to vote for him, but I'm not that much of a kiss-up.

I love chili, and I make a pretty mean kettle of it a couple times a year. If I wanted to try to win a chili cookoff with it, I'd make the chili and then put the kettle in the fridge for a day or two, then warm it back up for the competition. I have no idea if that technique falls within the rules of chili cookoffery, but the flavors of chili really pop after a little refrigeration time to meld.

I debated giving this its own thread:

Hasbro created a special edition of Monoply for Millenials.

Seems like we could joke about it for days (I’m an older Millennial, BTW). Players collect experiences, not real estate (because they can’t afford it). No jail, players just get sent to their safe space. And at the end of the game, everyone gets a participation trophy.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/monolopy-millennials-caused-outrage-among-generation-y-twitter-165603511--abc-news-lifestyle.html?bcmt=1

"nothing burger" came from a Project Veritas undercover video where the undercover journalist talked to a higher-up anchor of CNN about their coverage of president Trump, and the CNN anchor said that all the Russia-Trump stuff was a "big nothing burger". The Veritas video came out maybe four months ago when the Russia stuff had only recently hit and CNN was covering it pretty much 24/7.

This is from a story on JSonline today:

"Earlier that day, Wesley had found a bizarre "notice" taped to a front window of the home, where his father had lived until his death a few works earlier, in May 2017. The paper was riddled with spelling and grammar errors and virtually devoid of punctuation."

Ah, the irony.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I debated giving this its own thread:

Hasbro created a special edition of Monoply for Millenials.

Seems like we could joke about it for days (I’m an older Millennial, BTW). Players collect experiences, not real estate (because they can’t afford it). No jail, players just get sent to their safe space. And at the end of the game, everyone gets a participation trophy.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/monolopy-millennials-caused-outrage-among-generation-y-twitter-165603511--abc-news-lifestyle.html?bcmt=1

If millennial jokes weren't stupid I would say if I was going to spend $19.82 on a piece of ****, I'd at least make sure it came from Whole Foods.

Instead of Income Tax is there an Income Tax and student loan space instead? Is the Go Directly to Jail chance card now Go Directly to Bed because you have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet?

"nothing burger" came from a Project Veritas undercover video where the undercover journalist talked to a higher-up anchor of CNN about their coverage of president Trump, and the CNN anchor said that all the Russia-Trump stuff was a "big nothing burger". The Veritas video came out maybe four months ago when the Russia stuff had only recently hit and CNN was covering it pretty much 24/7.

Not sure what its origin was before that, but Kevin O'Leary has been using the term "nothing burger" on Shark Tank for years.

• 3 weeks later...
My colleague’s cat is being put down. She was in tears earlier today. I’m not particularly close with this person, but we have a good work place relationship. What’s the etiquette in this situation? Do I send a card?

Everybody is different so I can only speak for myself but I never expected or cared about a card from people. We understand we live longer than they do. We also know we care more about them than pretty much everybody else. If you want to show some sympathy strike up a conversation about pets in general. People who have pets love talking about animals in general so maybe ask where she got her cat, what kind was it, was it a rescue or if she plans on getting another.

Edit: I didn't notice you said being put down not already down. That just sucks and there isn't anything to do about it. Definitely wait until after to send anything. Talking about pets in general is ok if you are in a situation where you feel you should say something. That allows her to steer the conversation to or away from her personal situation as she feels most comfortable with.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• 2 weeks later...
If there were a college bowl game at Lambeau Field this weekend, I would definitely pay to go and take my son. That being said, I think organizers would have a real tough time getting fan bases to travel to Green Bay in December.

Funny, I was thinking Lambeau would be a great place for a bowl game recently too. I don't think getting fans to travel would be tough as long as both teams come from cold climates.

Considering the expense of travel, why would anyone want to visit Green Bay in winter, especially when the bowl probably wouldn't be all that special of a game? A lot of people go to bowls just as an excuse for a get-out-of-winter vacation.

Considering the expense of travel, why would anyone want to visit Green Bay in winter, especially when the bowl probably wouldn't be all that special of a game? A lot of people go to bowls just as an excuse for a get-out-of-winter vacation.

It's like putting that bowl game in Detroit. Quick Lane or whatever it's called now. It's been there for 22 years with various names and typically has at least one Midwest team from either the Big Ten or the MAC and the last 10 years it's averaged 28,316 in attendance and Detroit is a bigger city than Green Bay and it's played indoors.

Lambeau is much better off hosting an opening week game like the Badgers against LSU a couple years ago or against Notre Dame like they will in 2020.

Archived