Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
While I like the Google Pixel 3 selfie camera commercials, they don’t make sense. Don’t people take selfies in landscape? I can’t hold the phone one handed and hit the button in portrait. Of course I take all photos and videos in landscape so they can be seen on a screen without letterbox, and I only take like 3 selfies per year.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Things I hate:

Raw tomatoes

This was me until I had a fresh garden-grown tomato. I love them and fresh cherry tomatoes, but still cannot stand anything bought at the grocery store or in a can.

Store bought tomatoes and garden grown tomatoes aren't even the same thing as far as I'm concerned. Totally different genus, phylum, species.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Now that The Last Man on Earth has been cancelled, I’m hoping that frees up Will Forte for Macgruber 2.

Has it officially not been picked up by anyone? I thought after the last season it was reported Netflix was picking it up then I read an interview with Forte a month or so ago and he made it sound like it wasn't without explicitly saying that.

I’m pretty sure The Last Man on Earth is cancelled for good, but if you found any info that suggests otherwise, that’d make my day. I was really hoping for a pickup by a streaming service. Apparently, Will Forte said they had a plan to wrap up the series in 10 episodes, but didn’t get the half season renewal. The main cast was going to gain the trust of the masked survivors in Mexico and then accidentally kill them all off since they are carriers of the virus.

I’m pretty sure The Last Man on Earth is cancelled for good, but if you found any info that suggests otherwise, that’d make my day. I was really hoping for a pickup by a streaming service. Apparently, Will Forte said they had a plan to wrap up the series in 10 episodes, but didn’t get the half season renewal. The main cast was going to gain the trust of the masked survivors in Mexico and then accidentally kill them all off since they are carriers of the virus.

Did a little Googling and found nothing about it getting picked up. Sad day. Maybe it will get the Arrested Development treatment and in a couple years someone will give it another season to wrap it up. Not a huge fan of how Forte says they were going to end it because that doesn't really end it. Even he says they didn't know how to finish the series but this was how they were going to deal with these new people, which isn't a very satisfying or "final" final.

It would be totally morbid but I think the only way to end the series that would be satisfying would be to kill off everyone but Tandy so that he truly winds up as The Last (known) Man on Earth and go back to the beginning of the series with him traveling around to find more people. Or maybe following through on driving his truck into a rock to kill himself.

If I had a complaint about the show, it was that the humor was slow to develop. I would go weeks without watching it and let new episodes accumulate on my DVR until I was in the right mood to watch them. I can see why it was cancelled, but I will miss it. It was unique.

The show hasn't been picked up, so it's basically done. Forte said the plan was they'd live in the bunker, the bunker-people would die save for a guest star, and that's about it. They didn't have a plan for anything further.

It was the best show on television, as far as I'm concerned.

Am I supposed to be impressed with the bottle flipping in the subway commercials? Cause I'm not impressed.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

If I had a complaint about the show, it was that the humor was slow to develop. I would go weeks without watching it and let new episodes accumulate on my DVR until I was in the right mood to watch them. I can see why it was cancelled, but I will miss it. It was unique.

The problem was that they tried to market it as a zany comedy. It could be that sometimes but that's not what is was at the core. So people and critics tuned in expecting a zany comedy and when they didn't get that, they turned it off.

Am I supposed to be impressed with the bottle flipping in the subway commercials? Cause I'm not impressed.

Ya, read the story in the paper about that family and their popularity a couple weeks ago. This is seriously the sort of thing people watch on the internet for entertainment? These people know there are things out there that are actually entertaining, right?

The problem was that they tried to market it as a zany comedy. It could be that sometimes but that's not what is was at the core. So people and critics tuned in expecting a zany comedy and when they didn't get that, they turned it off.

I also thought Will Forte’s character was too far out there. I get that he’s supposed to be a decent, but flawed human being, but some of the Tandy gags dragged on for too long (and this is from a big Macgruber fan).

So in addition to having a low jokes / minute ratio, some jokes went on for too long, IMO. Still, I praise them for being different and making a difficult concept work within the confines of a network sitcom.

I also thought Will Forte’s character was too far out there. I get that he’s supposed to be a decent, but flawed human being, but some of the Tandy gags dragged on for too long (and this is from a big Macgruber fan).

So in addition to having a low jokes / minute ratio, some jokes went on for too long, IMO. Still, I praise them for being different and making a difficult concept work within the confines of a network sitcom.

Ya, the Tandy stuff was real hit or miss. What I find interesting is that he is the only character that grew during the series. Everyone else is the same person as when they showed up but Tandy went from a real piece of crap to a decent human being.

I also found LMOE killer funny at times, with long dumb stretches in between. Pretty much the last season (in Mexico) was a waste of time IMHO. Of course, now I'd like to see more about all the people from underground, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
If I order a pizza and there is a $3 delivery charge AND I tip 10% on the bill when I pay online, do I still need to tip the driver?

You only need to tip once. But I wouldn't add a tip online, and would tip the driver directly instead.

If I order a pizza and there is a $3 delivery charge AND I tip 10% on the bill when I pay online, do I still need to tip the driver?

You only need to tip once. But I wouldn't add a tip online, and would tip the driver directly instead.

This is what I usually do. There is no guarantee your tip will get into the driver's hands otherwise.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm in a chili cookoff against the boss on Tuesday. Originally the winner would get nothing, and that's stupid. So I suggested the loser has to wash the winner's vehicle. I ordered fancy spices 2+ weeks ago, but they're not going to show up on time. I usually just wing cooking, but this time I was going to follow a recipe from a world cookoff winner, but I guess now I can't. So now I'm thinking I'll use some vodka to help the tomatoes along with some Korean chili flakes (not hot).

I'm in a chili cookoff against the boss on Tuesday. Originally the winner would get nothing, and that's stupid. So I suggested the loser has to wash the winner's vehicle. I ordered fancy spices 2+ weeks ago, but they're not going to show up on time. I usually just wing cooking, but this time I was going to follow a recipe from a world cookoff winner, but I guess now I can't. So now I'm thinking I'll use some vodka to help the tomatoes along with some Korean chili flakes (not hot).

Throw a curveball and make sweet chili. Add some creamy peanut butter to the mix. Or sweet & sour sauce. They'll have no idea what hit them.

Archived