Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...and the AJ's Bombers burgers have sucked since its in the new stands.

Got the beer cheese sausage today and it was basically cold. Not thrilled by that.

It really seems hit and miss with Miller Park food. I've had two uninspiring experiences the last two times. The Johnsonville Polish sausage just isn't as good as the Klement's. Maybe the stuff from the grocery store is fine, but the Miller Park polish aren't anything to look forward to.

And today's Pepperoni pizza at the Zafiro's stand took nearly 15 minutes when I was told it would take 5.

I hope they come up with some new fare next year. I'm ready to eat beforehand and skip the concession stands.

It really seems hit and miss with Miller Park food. I've had two uninspiring experiences the last two times. The Johnsonville Polish sausage just isn't as good as the Klement's. Maybe the stuff from the grocery store is fine, but the Miller Park polish aren't anything to look forward to.

And today's Pepperoni pizza at the Zafiro's stand took nearly 15 minutes when I was told it would take 5.

I hope they come up with some new fare next year. I'm ready to eat beforehand and skip the concession stands.

Carrying in Jimmy John's is better (and cheaper) than anything I've had from the concessions stands at Miller Park.

Carrying in Jimmy John's is better (and cheaper) than anything I've had from the concessions stands at Miller Park.

When you carry this type of food in, do you have to put it in a container?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When you carry this type of food in, do you have to put it in a container?

Nope. You can bring in any food you want, container or not. I regularly bring in candy/peanuts/sandwiches or other leftover tailgate food.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That is great to know. I always though it had to be in a container of sorts so I stay away from certain things. I did try to bring in a can of coke and they denied me telling me that it had to be a plastic bottle. I thought this was somewhat weird. But thank you for that tip. Will save a lot of money doing this.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you bring in something bagged make sure you dont open it before hand. Had a bag of chips that we were eating on the way in and it wasnt allowed because it was open.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

If you bring in something bagged make sure you dont open it before hand. Had a bag of chips that we were eating on the way in and it wasnt allowed because it was open.

I've never had that problem before. Brought in plenty of stuff in zip-loc bags from chips to peanuts. That sucks.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

A ziploc bag is see-through, though, so maybe that's okay/more okay if the screener can see the contents.

It probably depends on the screener as well.

That's true. We wouldn't want anyone smuggling in jagged metal O's.

oWG-d_Bcod2VOFU1e6KODI5GfTK3IhDqwL9wxIARDnY.jpg?w=320&s=82b9884b5ce78a5cd4dbc013c59e81c9

...and the AJ's Bombers burgers have sucked since its in the new stands.

Got the beer cheese sausage today and it was basically cold. Not thrilled by that.

Johnsonville has been a big downgrade from Klements. I had a Klements brat with a toasted bun at the Fiserv Forum open house and it was easily better than any sausage I’ve had at Miller Park this year.

I am so tired of hearing about idiots in football dropping the ball before the goalline.

It is the absolute pinnacle of mental errors in sports. What in the world is wrong with you? You worked so hard to get into the endzone, it is literally the best possible accomplishment on a football play, and you throw it all away because -- why? What did you gain from dropping the football at the goalline?

It is beyond comical and anyone guilty of it should be ejected from the game just on principal.

• 3 weeks later...

Things I like:

Ketchup

Tomato soup

Salsa

Marinera/Pasta/Pizza sauces

Things I hate:

Raw tomatoes

My wife made a dish with diced tomatoes in it. I saw them and didn't think much of them until I took a bite and had the taste of raw tomato on my tongue. I just couldn't do it, I had to spit the tomato out. Raw, I think they're just about the most disgusting thing there is.

Things I like:

Ketchup

Tomato soup

Salsa

Marinera/Pasta/Pizza sauces

Things I hate:

Raw tomatoes

My wife made a dish with diced tomatoes in it. I saw them and didn't think much of them until I took a bite and had the taste of raw tomato on my tongue. I just couldn't do it, I had to spit the tomato out. Raw, I think they're just about the most disgusting thing there is.

Yummy. I always plant at least one cherry tomato plant so I can eat the tomato's right off the vine while I'm picking the vegetables.

Things I hate:

Raw tomatoes

This was me until I had a fresh garden-grown tomato. I love them and fresh cherry tomatoes, but still cannot stand anything bought at the grocery store or in a can.

Grow a garden full of tomatoes every year. Still hate them. My son, on the other hand, eats them like candy.

A couple of random thoughts.

1. Coffee has been pure nectar from God lately. Coffee has an oddly calming effect for me ( until the caffiene kicks in)

2. When the Brewers were looking destined for the playoffs, I wanted my 1000th post to be about the WS win. Due to real life stuff I havnt posted much. I have a lot to catch up on.

3. I have been writing alot of lists lately.

Dreams are strange.

Had a dream last night about a girl I used to date in high school. (I graduated in 1983, so a long time ago) Content of the dream is unimportant, but the randomness was just weird.

To top it off, on my drive to work today, a song played from an album I bought her while we were dating.

Is that coincidence, or is there a reason for both events to happen hours apart?

The urge to reach out and say hello today is strong. We are Facebook friends, but are in contact via Facebook maybe once a year.

Anyone else have random dreams about people from your past, then feel the urge to contact them or is that just me?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Dreams are strange.

Had a dream last night about a girl I used to date in high school. (I graduated in 1983, so a long time ago) Content of the dream is unimportant, but the randomness was just weird.

To top it off, on my drive to work today, a song played from an album I bought her while we were dating.

Is that coincidence, or is there a reason for both events to happen hours apart?

The urge to reach out and say hello today is strong. We are Facebook friends, but are in contact via Facebook maybe once a year.

Anyone else have random dreams about people from your past, then feel the urge to contact them or is that just me?

Must be common, because honest to God I had that dream this week. Got me thinking the next day about other girls from my miss-spent youth (I'm an '84 grad.) Being married, no way do I have an urge to contact them- even for purely harmless reasons.

Dreams are strange.

Must be common, because honest to God I had that dream this week. Got me thinking the next day about other girls from my miss-spent youth (I'm an '84 grad.) Being married, no way do I have an urge to contact them- even for purely harmless reasons.

Yeah, I'm happily married as well...

Sorry, just realized how that sounded. Wasn't suggesting you're not :)

For me, personally, I just don't see anything good coming from reaching out- even if it's just to say "hi, hope you're doing well" or whatever. Then again, she was a bit of a psycho which makes it an easy decision.

Sorry, just realized how that sounded. Wasn't suggesting you're not :)

All good...

For me, personally, I just don't see anything good coming from reaching out- even if it's just to say "hi, hope you're doing well" or whatever.

You are probably right, but that urge is there, for harmless reasons, as you stated above. In the end, I will refrain, always do. lol

A year after I graduated college my gf and I went back to campus for homecoming. The night before I had a dream about a girl I had a thing with my freshman year of college. The night of homecoming we called a taxi to pick us up from the bar. I got in the backseat and the next person that got in after my group of friends was that girl I had a dream about. Sat right next to me. I hadn't even thought about her for like 3 years prior to that night...weird stuff

Archived