Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did Mike Zagurski ever get back to the majors? I still can't figure that out. There was no one better than this guy?

Weird.

For the first appearance, I could accept that maybe he was the freshest arm available that day, or someone detected a matchup advantage or something. (I don't know how you would do that for a reliever, but maybe there was some perceived strategic plus.)

Why he stayed beyond the first appearance was the mystery to me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Does anyone own a ventless dryer? If so, how satisfied are you with it and how does drying time compare to a vented dryer? I understand that it's nice that you no longer have to worry about lint building up and a potential fire risk in the vent (along with better insulation and one fewer way for water and pests to get into the house), but there's a limit as to how long I'll tolerate a long drying time.

Have a rather small laundry closet that can't be expanded without major renovations (if it can be expanded at all) and the ventless dryers are the only ones I can find in the smaller size.

Does anyone own a ventless dryer? If so, how satisfied are you with it and how does drying time compare to a vented dryer? I understand that it's nice that you no longer have to worry about lint building up and a potential fire risk in the vent (along with better insulation and one fewer way for water and pests to get into the house), but there's a limit as to how long I'll tolerate a long drying time.

Have a rather small laundry closet that can't be expanded without major renovations (if it can be expanded at all) and the ventless dryers are the only ones I can find in the smaller size.

watching this for replies, I had no idea there was even such a thing as ventless dryers.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I asked my bother who's an appliance guy about this a few years back when I was looking for a new dryer. So it's second hand information and the technology no doubt got better but he said it takes a long time to dry. As in hours if you have a full dryer or heavy blankets. You also will need to have a drain nearby or empty a water tray after every load. But they do work if there is no other choice.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

We have two compost piles in our garden. Been doing it for about 5 years. It's 95% yard waste and the rest is food scraps (vegetables, fruits, breads, coffee grounds, no meat). Every spring and fall I get very nice black dirt from it. Monday I started taking the un-decomposed stuff from the full pile and to start the new one. Never before have I had a smell issue with the piles but the middle of the old pile reeks of the most vile and disgusting smell. Depending in the wind you can actually smell it in other parts of the neighborhood.

As I was digging it up I got to a solid 1 inch thick layer of wet leaves. Underneath was perfectly dry, brown grass from when I cleaned the lawn in spring. My only guess is that the wet leaves formed a seal and prevented any air from getting underneath so it's just been stagnant moisture sitting on the bottom for the last three months. It's been baking in the sun for 3 days now but it still stinks.

• 4 weeks later...
Flipping around the channels on Saturday and caught the last half of taxi-driver, which isn't on TV that often (I think it was on WGN - and kind of odd programming for a Saturday morning). Have not seen it for a while. The sound track for that film always brings me back to the early 80's when we first got cable and we had HBO and Showtime (back when those channels were basically included with cable). They would occasionally show films like Taxi-Driver, Manhattan, Pope of Greenwich Village, Night Shift. Those types of movies, that are not shown that often, are like instant time transporters for me when I happen to stumble upon them.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

First time actually serving jury duty and I'm already amazed at the number of disgruntled,angry people. Yes, it might mean missing work, (myself included) but it doesn't mean you get to be a jerk to everybody else. That being said, since I am here I do wish I will get selected to be on a jury.

Different post for a different random thought. Later this morning, I'm conducting my first student interview for someone born in 2000.

I knew it was coming because that's my oldest nephew's birth year and he is just starting college, but I'm enjoying telling other people and watching them react.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Different post for a different random thought. Later this morning, I'm conducting my first student interview for someone born in 2000.

I knew it was coming because that's my oldest nephew's birth year and he is just starting college, but I'm enjoying telling other people and watching them react.

Similarly, I teach mostly high school juniors and all of them were born after 9/11.

Does anyone else stay awake at night wondering where Clark Kent changes into Superman these days?

It's the 21st century. He probably does it digitally. :)

Snapchat Filter.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...
What are you supposed to wear to a blind double-date (others are married) at a casual-type (probably outside) restaurant? Sports jacket and no tie, or just button-up no tie? Tie I'm only guessing is way too much. Slacks and saddle shoes are the only obvious part.

The finger gesture that the Brewer do (started by Lorenzo Cain) after a hit hasn't caught on with me. I don't think I'll ever find it charming.

Jesus Aguilar talks to the home plate umpire a lot. I think that might get old.

Do they still have souvenir soda cups at Miller Park? How about Bratchos? Where might I find them?

I found bratchos last night. They were at every nacho stand. The portion size had decreased significantly since I last tried them in 2015, but the $10 price tag remained the same.

0 for 3 this year in finding souvenir cups. I’m not a big memorabilia collector, but have made it a point to get a souvenir soda at every Brewer game I attend going back at least 10 years (which is only 2-3 per year).

While we are talking about concessions at Miller Park, I find it almost impossible to believe that they no longer sell chorizos since the sausage company change.

It's just crazy considering the chorizo is one of our most famous mascots.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Looking at the game feed of the Cincinatti vs chicago game, with their logos both at the top I just had to wonder. If a person were completely unfamiliar with MLB and were looking at that page, would they think it's the CREDS vs the CUBS, or the REDS vs the UBS?

Either way, go Creds!

Archived