Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
^^^

I think it’s a little silly. I wouldn’t call it stupid. People I respect have opted for hyphenated last names for reasons I must not fully understand (hence, the four name conundrum).

First of all, there's no reason why the last name tradition needs to continue the way it is since the notion of a husband owning a wife doesn't exist anymore.

I think a hyphenated name is fun and represents an equal partnership (assuming both parties take the same name).

Who cares what the kids do. They can pick one. Last names are completely arbitrary anyway given the random blending of ethnic backgrounds that many of us are.

Community Moderator
We gave our son my wife's maiden name as his middle name. It worked well because it was a name that was short and can be used as a first name. I have a friend that used his wife's maiden name as their son's first name. It's unique and pretty cool.

I have a friend that used his wife's maiden name as their son's first name.

We did that with our son as well. Am I your friend? Lol

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

It's not about the husband owning the wife, but about two individuals coming together as one and therefore sharing the same name.

I decided when I was 18 that I was going to keep my surname if I ever married. I like my birth name and saw/still see no reason to give it up.

As long as the persons involved in a union are in agreement on how they do surnames, it's not super important to me how they do it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator
It's not about the husband owning the wife, but about two individuals coming together as one and therefore sharing the same name.

I decided when I was 18 that I was going to keep my surname if I ever married. I like my birth name and saw/still see no reason to give it up.

As long as the persons involved in a union are in agreement on how they do surnames, it's not super important to me how they do it.

I was thinking of using it as an opportunity to move up in the alphabet ;-)

Although a complication in the scientific field is that it is confusing when the same person publishes papers with two different surnames...

Hyphenated last names are stupid.

What happens when a child with a hyphenated last name grows up and marries another child with a hyphenated last name? Would their offspring have four last names?

We must know each other somehow because I have been saying this for decades.

There is a simple solution - don't get married.

Hyphenated last names are stupid.

What happens when a child with a hyphenated last name grows up and marries another child with a hyphenated last name? Would their offspring have four last names?

We must know each other somehow because I have been saying this for decades.

There is a simple solution - don't get married.

Or marry a cousin. No name change then!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Tried hummus today for the first time. I liked it. It wasn't a "I've been missing this my whole life?" experience but I did like it more than I expected. I've always thought it looked kind of gross. Kinda nutty, kinda salty, no texture issue... not bad at all.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I told my wife I didn't care if she took my last name just please don't hyphenate it. She took mine and even after 4 years my brain still doesn't recognize her as having the same last name as me, she still has her maiden name in my brain for some reason.

I did the same thing. I said to my wife - my preference would be that you keep your last name or take mine, which ever you want.

I don't remember the last thing I drank that wasn't coffee, water, or beer.

Wait, you mean there ARE other beverages?

Whiskey and vodka. I heard there's this tequila stuff down in Mexico too.

I don't remember the last thing I drank that wasn't coffee, water, or beer.

Wait, you mean there ARE other beverages?

Whiskey and vodka. I heard there's this tequila stuff down in Mexico too.

I miss the drunk thread

In my office in Milwaukee this morning, heard a bunch of sirens. Wasn't sure what it was about. Apparently it was related to this. What was this guy thinking??

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/man-tackled-by-milwaukee-police-after-grabbing-suspicious-package

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

In my office in Milwaukee this morning, heard a bunch of sirens. Wasn't sure what it was about. Apparently it was related to this. What was this guy thinking??

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/man-tackled-by-milwaukee-police-after-grabbing-suspicious-package

He seemed upset after he dumped the bag out. That's probably the weirdest part of the whole situation.

I feel like he was trying to prove to the cops that nothing was in the bag. So, perhaps he was the owner and he told the cops that, but they still had to take precautions and said sorry we are still blowing it up. So he took matter in to his own hands. Or, just some angry, random guy that was ticked off that the road was closed.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I feel like it was his and the cops wouldnt believe him so he dumped it out to prove it. Probably just pissed he had to dump his stuff on the wet groind since it looked like some notebooks in there.

That was a pretty decent form tackle by the cop there, packers should give him a call.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived