Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
After looking at the ages of our 40 man roster, one of the cons of having a young group of people is that only one player is older than I am. Currently I am between Braun and Vogt. It is going to be a sad day when I'm older than everybody.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I work on the northwest side of Milwaukee as a delivery driver. I'm taking my lunch/breaks at a local gas station. I'm watching a man push a refrigerator to most likely the recycling plant. This recycling plant is about 6 blocks away across 91st st(busy). Its taken him about 20 minutes to push the refridgerator 200 feet. He's pretty tired at this point. How much in scrap will he get from this? $5? This guy has one hell of a work ethic.

I work on the northwest side of Milwaukee as a delivery driver. I'm taking my lunch/breaks at a local gas station. I'm watching a man push a refrigerator to most likely the recycling plant. This recycling plant is about 6 blocks away across 91st st(busy). Its taken him about 20 minutes to push the refridgerator 200 feet. He's pretty tired at this point. How much in scrap will he get from this? $5? This guy has one hell of a work ethic.

Assuming he didn't have the freon removed by a licensed professional, he will likely have to pay for them to take it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
After looking at the ages of our 40 man roster, one of the cons of having a young group of people is that only one player is older than I am. Currently I am between Braun and Vogt. It is going to be a sad day when I'm older than everybody.

I'm older than Bartolo Colon.

Having a seasonal profession when you work 7 days a week for quite a few months and then have a few months when you don't work at all is very hard on friendships/having a life.

You sell pumpkins or something?

;)

I sell other things! (Seinfeld "It does other things" voice)

There isn't any extra penalty for having more than 12 men on the field for football as far as I know. It is pretty obvious when a team gets caught with too many men on the field, why doesn't the entire team just run out there to not let them get any yards?

I'm guessing even if like 10 players got helmets on quick and ran out on the field, I could see it becoming an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty if not worse.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

There isn't any extra penalty for having more than 12 men on the field for football as far as I know. It is pretty obvious when a team gets caught with too many men on the field, why doesn't the entire team just run out there to not let them get any yards?

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

Oh the madness! How funny to the idea. I would think that if/when something like that happened a new rule would immediately take effect. Since if this happened once, why wouldn't a defense just line a guy on sidelines helmut on and ready to sprint at QB when noticing 12man flag flies? In an attempt to sack the QB.

Can hear the announcer. "Flag flies as 12 men on field and oh the whole sideline rushes on, look at Rodgers scramble away from the rush and heaves it towards quintuple coverage! :laughing

Side note, that was something I noticed in Hundley since game 1 and 2, was his presnap voice being louder and more authoritative to induce an offsides where that fantasy scenario could ensue.

I gotta imagine that if something like this were to take place, those players who entered the field of play would be automatically ejected and/or suspended and/or fined after the game.

I'm sure that the players are aware of this and that is why it has not happened yet.

I recall on one of those old "Not So Great Moments In Sports" episodes on HBO back in the day that there was a story from a college game in the 40s or 50 that had a player on the sideline flat-out tackle a guy that was running down said sideline for a sure touchdown.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I gotta imagine that if something like this were to take place, those players who entered the field of play would be automatically ejected and/or suspended and/or fined after the game.

I'm sure that the players are aware of this and that is why it has not happened yet.

I recall on one of those old "Not So Great Moments In Sports" episodes on HBO back in the day that there was a story from a college game in the 40s or 50 that had a player on the sideline flat-out tackle a guy that was running down said sideline for a sure touchdown.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Playstation VR thing yesterday and it's pretty neat. Although I wonder how much replay-ability there's going to be with it. I load up a game, go "WOW!" and ten minutes later I'm wondering what else there is to play. Though my games selection is somewhat limited since I'm too s-scared to play a horror game. Yesterday I put in the tamest one and I didn't even make it to the main menu.

Playing 2-D games or watching TV it feels like you're sitting alone in an otherwise-dark IMAX theater. I just played some Battlefield on it and the picture quality was certainly better than my projector and it felt really immersive, but the headset is too heavy to wear for an extended period of time.

Though there's an app where you can watch sports games from the sideline in 3D, so I'm curious how a Bucks or Packers game will be with that (assuming I can get a single game and not have to get some big package thing).

I'm going to take it home for Christmas so everyone in the family can watch as everyone else experiences it for the first time. Mom gets shark-diving and of course Dad gets the horror stuff (he hates it like me).

I have a gas-start wood-burning fireplace. How easy or difficult is it to convert that to gas burning with the glass pebbles (i.e. "fire on ice")? Is it as simple as taking out the iron grates that hold up the wood logs? If so, I can't figure out how to take those things out - seems like they are masoned into the fireplace wall.

My 14, soon to be 15, year old dog now needs to be carried up and down the stairs to go outside and only eats once every couple days. She basically sleeps a lot but still gets up on her own and seems generally in good spirits. I really don't want to have to make "that" decision around Christmas but soon I fear I may be forced to.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

My 14, soon to be 15, year old dog now needs to be carried up and down the stairs to go outside and only eats once every couple days. She basically sleeps a lot but still gets up on her own and seems generally in good spirits. I really don't want to have to make "that" decision around Christmas but soon I fear I may be forced to.

Ugh that's the worst! I went through that just shy of two years ago. All I can say is pay attention to your dog and they will let you know. Hang in there and enjoy the time you have left. I feel for you!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So sorry to hear this. I went through this exact thing with my Golden Retriever two years ago. Sadly, the inability to go up and down the stairs was a sign things were close to the end for her.

PS - you could try different food for your dog. It worked for us in the last six or eight months of our Golden's life. We'd cook a big batch of hamburger, mix it with rice and cottage cheese. That was great for her as regular dog food would get her sick. This really helped her eat well to the very end.

Anyhow, perhaps some different food would get her to eat more - which would give her more energy, etc.

Good luck. No matter what, it won't be easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's always a shock to go from an old dog to the energy of a pup. This time around is even more so. I haven't had a pup under 6 months old for almost 20 years. It's also the first dog I've had in that time that wasn't house broke. Pups are cute and all but I can't wait for her to be at least 6 months old.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

As we were discussing the NHL, which cities don't have a major sports franchise, etc. it got me thinking. I travel quite often, and have been most everywhere over my (many) years. Yet I have never been to Houston or Seattle.

I went to Seattle in 2016, when the Brewers played out there. An amazing town to visit for a week (or weekend). Don't think I'd want to live there unless I was making a ton of money though. Expensive and crowded.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived