Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
What’s the farthest anyone here has walked in a day?

32 miles for me.

That’s impressive.

I walked a half marathon with my wife a few years ago. I felt great for the first 10 miles and pretty good for the next 2. By that last mile, my feet were in pain. I’m considering walking a marathon in 2018, but I know i’ll need to get some longer walks in beforehand.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you golf and walk 18 holes that can be 5, 6, or more miles right there (for those of you converting golf course yards to miles, it turns out to be a lot more than that when you include the space between holes and the fact that most golfers do not hit the ball exactly straight every shot). Don't know the farthest I have walked, but on days when I golf and cut the grass on the same day, I usually get over 20,000 steps or about 10 miles.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I've done quite a few 15 or so mile hikes in my day. I don't think I ever got to 20 miles.

This past spring I did 28,000 steps in one day while in Budapest. Lots of hills there too. I thought that was pretty good considering I'm older - and not in good shape any more. My feet were tired that night.

Regularly hike between 15 and 20 miles when I backpack.

Put in one day that was just over 30 (only had to go up and over one pass that day).

The key to walking long distances isn't walking faster, it's walking for longer. You can't really walk much beyond ~3.25 MPH as a human (even that is fast), but you can walk for 15 hours instead of 5.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Community Moderator

100 miles!

(it was an ultramarathon so mixed light running and power walking)

Well done.

Thanks! I'm not in a rush to do it again :)

My wife said something today that reminded me of The Office episode with Prison Mike. I miss The Office!

I really wish they would do another show like this. Parks and Rec followed and had great success. NBC needs to get on it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My wife said something today that reminded me of The Office episode with Prison Mike. I miss The Office!

I really wish they would do another show like this. Parks and Rec followed and had great success. NBC needs to get on it.

Superstore on NBC, while not a 'mockumentary,' has a similar feel as The Office and Parks and Rec - ensemble cast, subtle humor, no laugh track.

Something reminds me of the office or seinfeld/curb pretty much every day. I need to binge search the office this winter. It's one show when asked my favorite episode can't do it. Probably 20.

Superstore on NBC, while not a 'mockumentary,' has a similar feel as The Office and Parks and Rec - ensemble cast, subtle humor, no laugh track.

I was going to say Superstore as well. Made by some of the same people as The Office.

I was going to say Superstore as well. Made by some of the same people as The Office.

Maybe I need to try it again. Watched the first few episodes of season one and to me, it just wasn't very funny.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Maybe I need to try it again. Watched the first few episodes of season one and to me, it just wasn't very funny.

That's how I felt about the office, and now I binge watch it often.

Wasn't a big fan of The Office when it first started and thought Parks and Rec was terrible after the first season but both are two of my favorite shows now. Superstore isn't anywhere near the level of those two shows but I find it to be consistently entertaining and maintain my interest.

I watched all of season one, and a couple episodes into season 2, then I bailed. It bored me, and wasn't funny, so I gave up.

Love the Office and Parks and Rec. but Superstore is just not good. To be honest, I am shocked it hasn't been cancelled yet.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I have a clock made in Canada. Does anyone know how far to turn back a clock using metric hours?

I used to work as a proofreader and we always wrote both the Imperial and Metric conversions. When we'd finish with a paper we'd hand it to another proofreader to check our mistakes. Once I handed back a co-worker's paper and said "Oh, you forgot to convert to metric time." She said "Oh" and spent the next few hours searching for a metric time conversion chart.

It wasn't so much that she was dumb, more that she was young, naive, and respected her more-experienced co-workers.

Someone left a laptop behind in my library. It's in my office for safekeeping. I opened it on the unlikely chance that it wasn't locked and we might be able to identify the owner.

The screen and keyboard are FILTHY. It's taking all I've got to not stop what I'm doing and clean it just for the sake of cleanliness.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived