Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
Weed whip, scythe or cheap-o gas mower?

weed whip--faster than a scythe, but there's the possibility I'd have to go over the lawn again with my reel push mower.

scythe--I like the idea of hand tools for my small lawn to force me into modest exercise. But it's a slow process.

cheap-o mower: It'd be the fastest.

reel push mower--I just got one, but it doesn't work on the long grass.

I don't really care much about the look of my lawn and only mow it at the point I have to. I can use a zero-turn mower from work, but it's a pain in the rear to get it here and get it back with some on-duty/off-duty conflict and complications. So I guess if it were 105 degrees out some day I could just use it when I didn't want to do the hand work.

Buy a goat.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No hoofed animals allowed on state property. I decided to go with a scythe. I kept going back and forth but it's $150 for one cutsomed to my height. If I decide I don't use it and want a mower, it's not like $150 is some huge amount of money to absorb.

---------------

Different thing, I've decided to try and replace my daily energy drink. I'm in both a rush and a haze in the morning so I don't make coffee. The energy drinks really help, but they're sooooooo bad for you. I ordered some caffeine which'll dissolve in hot water, a multivitamin for the B12, and powdered vegetable drink for the magnesium and because it's vegetables. I'm going to add it to some green tea and stevia. I plan on waterbath canning it all to just grab one in the morning to replace the energy drink. I was hoping I would save some money with it, but the supplements make it about the same price.

No hoofed animals allowed on state property.

So you live on state property? I only ask because of your comment stating that you don't really care about the look of your lawn. Depending on how close your neighbors are, type of neighborhood, etc., they may care. It's a property value thing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Different thing, I've decided to try and replace my daily energy drink. I'm in both a rush and a haze in the morning so I don't make coffee. The energy drinks really help, but they're sooooooo bad for you. I ordered some caffeine which'll dissolve in hot water, a multivitamin for the B12, and powdered vegetable drink for the magnesium and because it's vegetables. I'm going to add it to some green tea and stevia. I plan on waterbath canning it all to just grab one in the morning to replace the energy drink. I was hoping I would save some money with it, but the supplements make it about the same price.

If you're willing to put that much work into it you can just cold brew coffee and have coffee ready in about a minute in the morning. Cold brewing makes a coffee concentrate that you just add hot water to make a normal strength coffee. It has the additional advantage of being very low acid so, less gut gurgles. Without that acidity you can also up the caffeine content without making it bitter or too strong to drink. It's also what is used for cold coffee drinks so you can go that route as well. The actual brewing process is simple. You just soak the ground beans overnight and strain it the next day. I make it by the pound and put the rest in the fridge. Cold brewer systems are fairly cheap to buy but it is very simple to make one yourself. All it takes is a container with a hole in the bottom, a food grade plug for the hole and some coffee filters.

Double beds in hotels seem sort of pointless. I'm 6'2" and somewhat large and my feet hang off the bed and don't have much space to roll over if my wife is with me. If I'm forking out $129+ for a hotel room, I want to be comfortable.

Usually when there are double beds, there are two of them. Is there someone else (kids maybe?) in the other bed? My wife and I actually try to get rooms with double beds when we are staying somewhere so we each have our own space (we have been married for 24 years, neither of us feel that we really need to sleep in the same bed all the time, :laughing ) ....although, neither of us are anywhere near 6'2" either.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Double beds in hotels seem sort of pointless. I'm 6'2" and somewhat large and my feet hang off the bed and don't have much space to roll over if my wife is with me. If I'm forking out $129+ for a hotel room, I want to be comfortable.

I guess I am lucky all of the travelling I have done for work this year the only option has been king sized bed rooms.

Wash in hot water then go through a dryer. It if it makes clothes smaller it might work on people too.

Wash in hot water then go through a dryer. It if it makes clothes smaller it might work on people too.

I was going to say don't book a room with two double beds. But your way works too!

What is the divider for North/South addressing in Milwaukee? Wisconsin Ave?

In the city of Milwaukee I believe it's pretty much Pierce St. However, it seems to shift within the county. For example around West Allis/Wauwatosa by State Fair, it's just about a block north of the freeway.

I found it to be pretty surprising that this has happened only 17 times, but as the article states, will probably start happening a bit more often with Thurs night football happening every week now and the change in NBA scheduling.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/this-is-the-greatest-sports-day-of-the-year/

What is the divider for North/South addressing in Milwaukee? Wisconsin Ave?

There is no particular street that runs east and west as a divider for north and south. In most cases there is no street at all in most of the area that the divider street would be. Sometimes the divider street would be I94, sometimes Canal Street, and sometimes the Menominee River.

Many if not most of the street numbers were renumbered in 1930. I believe Center St was that dividing line pre 1930.

I haven’t watched must baseball this season on account of being a new father, but there’s something alluring about the World Series. Growing up, my family only had network TV, so watching pro baseball on a weeknight was a huge novelty. My Dad was always pretty cool about letting me stay up late so we could enjoy the games together.

Years ago someone posted a link of all Brewer bobble heads. I'm going through inventory and can't find that post. Does anyone still know that link or another list I can use?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Years ago someone posted a link of all Brewer bobble heads. I'm going through inventory and can't find that post. Does anyone still know that link or another list I can use?

I've found one once by googling it. I think it was some guy's blog. Been a while since I looked for it so it might be gone now.

Look in the trading post, right on this site.

It's pinned to the top.

:)

Don't go by the prices listed though, they are not all accurate. Also, the minor league bobbles are not completely updated either..

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/10/27/a-wisconsin-man-got-locked-in-a-walk-in-beer-cooler-he-had-everything-that-he-needed-police-say/?utm_term=.127ec9ef0f36

I think any crime that involves tipping over 30 packs of Busch beer pretty much has to come from Wisconsin or the UP.

Archived