Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja

I had never even heard of ultimate Frisbee until my junior year in high school (fall 2003) when our gym teacher told us we were playing it. She quickly explained the rules and I thought to myself this is going to be awesome. The first minute we started playing, I was hooked.

We also played a game called fireball which is basically just football, except you only get 4 downs to score but you can do backwards and forwards laterals as often as you want. A new down only starts when a runner is tagged down with two hands. That was a lot of fun too.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers are giving away a Bernie Brewer "Game of Thrones" bobblehead at an upcoming game. What a strange cross promotion...I do watch the show, but it's not remotely family friendly. I think these MLB/mainstream pop culture cross promotions have kind of jumped the shark.

As someone who was at "Hello Kitty Night" a couple weeks ago, I completely agree.

Not even close to jumping the shark. I'm neither a fan of GoT or Hello Kitty. But for all those who are, it's a good way to attract casual Brewer fans, or even people who aren't fans at all. These give-away days are still huge.

Our season ticket packages happened to hit Hello Kitty night, Grateful Dead night, and last night's GoT promotion. Neither of us is into any of those things, so we were definitely more there for the baseball, but the change in graphics for each night was sort of interesting.

To me it's less annoying than 30,000 cubs fans. *shrug*

Aside: No way were 32000+ people at the ballpark last night. So I imagine a bunch of those bobbles are for sale on the Bay of e.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This morning I coughed right as I was stepping over the edge of the tub getting in the shower, and the awkward position cough instantly flared something in my lower left back. If I were a Brewer, I would probably be out of the lineup for a few days, thereby joining the list.

Almost every time I type on my phone, my thumb hits the "b" rather than the space bar. I end up typing things like "The Brewersbwonbtoday," which gets pretty annoying after a while. Maybe my thumbs are just too fat.

That happens to me a lot, but with "n" instead of "b", and with my tablet as well as my phone.

The wisconsin lottery commercial when they get to the dinner with packer legends part. They have 3 friends sitting at the table and the 4th is behind the 3. I feel like he wasnt actually invited, since he doesnt have a spot at the table so how can he eat, and just randomly showed up at the restaurant and happened to get a table next to his friends and packer legends and is now crashing their dinner.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This morning I coughed right as I was stepping over the edge of the tub getting in the shower, and the awkward position cough instantly flared something in my lower left back. If I were a Brewer, I would probably be out of the lineup for a few days, thereby joining the list.

3 days later and whatever tore under the ribcage is still angry and sore, big time. It's official. I would be on the 10 day DL from an injury sustained from a cough.

Maybe in the future I'll cut the Brewers some slack on some of their goofy injuries. On the other hand, I'm 40 and they're not.

I pre-paid an acquaintance to help me move. I've paid him for the drive to my place and six hours' work at a decent wage. Except I've moved and he wasn't able to help me. The pay means I can ask him to do something difficult and not just vacuuming the floor ($25/hr). He's back from his trip and hasn't contacted me, which I find odd. But I'm at a bit of a loss on what to ask him to do. I've got three ideas so far:

1. Rent a tiller and have him till a small garden and put a deer fence around it. Though I don't have much of an interest in growing anything but peppers and tomatoes.

2. Get the fire bricks and mortar mix and he builds an outdoor grill for me. I'm thinking a long, thin, rectangular one. It would be a good shape to put kebabs on and get a square grill grate for normal stuff.

3. There's youtube videos out there on building a simple-enough wood-fired oven. I don't really bake bread, but I'd use it for pizzas now and again.

I pre-paid an acquaintance to help me move. I've paid him for the drive to my place and six hours' work at a decent wage. Except I've moved and he wasn't able to help me. The pay means I can ask him to do something difficult and not just vacuuming the floor ($25/hr). He's back from his trip and hasn't contacted me, which I find odd. But I'm at a bit of a loss on what to ask him to do. I've got three ideas so far:

1. Rent a tiller and have him till a small garden and put a deer fence around it. Though I don't have much of an interest in growing anything but peppers and tomatoes.

2. Get the fire bricks and mortar mix and he builds an outdoor grill for me. I'm thinking a long, thin, rectangular one. It would be a good shape to put kebabs on and get a square grill grate for normal stuff.

3. There's youtube videos out there on building a simple-enough wood-fired oven. I don't really bake bread, but I'd use it for pizzas now and again.

There is your mistake. Pay someone after they have completed the job next time. Actually, every time.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I used to work one weekend per month and could usually just go home to watch the football game. Now I'll be working 3-4 weekends per month and don't have the option of going home. I remember there was some sort of streaming package you could buy where you could watch the game after it's been completed with no spoilers on the page that would show the scores before you started the stream. But I can't remember what that was. Anybody happen to know?

Throughout August, Madison has gradually filled with returning and new college students. The latter group often has parents (or whole families!) accompanying them. The newbies tend to stand out for a variety of reasons, but the thing that gets me is the parents - usually moms - who dress like they're trying to blend in on campus, as if they were still traditional student age.

It rarely works. :rolleyes

Throughout August, Madison has gradually filled with returning and new college students. The latter group often has parents (or whole families!) accompanying them. The newbies tend to stand out for a variety of reasons, but the thing that gets me is the parents - usually moms - who dress like they're trying to blend in on campus, as if they were still traditional student age.

It rarely works. :rolleyes

Skinny jeans don't do the trick?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• 2 weeks later...
While I'm still the guy who had nothing positive to say on these forums about the guy's Super Bowl halftime performance (Feb. 3, 2008 - hard to believe that was nearly a decade ago!), I do feel compelled to say this: Rest In Peace, Tom Petty.

I own every Tom Petty album he ever put out. A couple of weak ones, but in general, his body of work is tremendous.

As good as he was, I think he will always be under rated.

He will be missed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Weed whip, scythe or cheap-o gas mower?

weed whip--faster than a scythe, but there's the possibility I'd have to go over the lawn again with my reel push mower.

scythe--I like the idea of hand tools for my small lawn to force me into modest exercise. But it's a slow process.

cheap-o mower: It'd be the fastest.

reel push mower--I just got one, but it doesn't work on the long grass.

I don't really care much about the look of my lawn and only mow it at the point I have to. I can use a zero-turn mower from work, but it's a pain in the rear to get it here and get it back with some on-duty/off-duty conflict and complications. So I guess if it were 105 degrees out some day I could just use it when I didn't want to do the hand work.

Archived