Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are offered a choice between $5 million dollars, or a 50/50 coin flip chance at $50 million dollars. Which do you choose?

Tough choice, but I'd take the 5. Invest wisely and enjoy a great life. :)

Me too. Both are life changing and obviously I could live like a king off 50, but using the 4% rule I could retire immediately and live off 200K a year on 5. That's plenty good enough for me, nothing is more valuable to me than my time.

Plus given my luck I'm sure I'd get the coin flip wrong, and be miserable for a long time thinking about what could have been.

$45m more than $5m would not change my life to anywhere near the degree that $0 to $5m would, therefore the risk is greater than the immediate reward. Therefore the immediate $5m would be the better choice.

Now if I were already worth a million or two, the coinflip would be the best option.

You are offered a choice between $5 million dollars, or a 50/50 coin flip chance at $50 million dollars. Which do you choose?

Not a tough choice at all, I take the $5MM. Even if you said $1MM I would take it. $500,000 is where it gets interesting at least, but would still probably take that. THAT would be a tough decision.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does morgan freeman hate hearing the sound of his own voice or does he also get lost in the sweet soothing sound of morgan freeman?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Does morgan freeman hate hearing the sound of his own voice or does he also get lost in the sweet soothing sound of morgan freeman?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 1 month later...
I have read so many people "cutting the cord" but then they pay huge amounts on cell phones/coverage. I do not get it and have never penciled out the savings to put up with the hassle.

Cribbage players: You probably know the highest possible hand (29), but what is the highest possible peg count in a round? (2 for cutting nobs doesn't count as pegged points.)

Well 4 of a kind is 12points and 31 would add 2 to that. That's my guess on a single play. 14points. When it comes to possible peg count in a round? The 4 of a kind scenario doesn't make sense for pairing cards to have something like the possible highest in a round. Well, unless your talking teams where you have 4players and often cards don't make sense because you only can discard 1.

I dunno if it works this way but say a 3,2,A,A,A,A type of play finishing at 31. Would that add up as 4 runs of 3, 4 of a kind, plus 31? Or 26? What if you started 5,4 all the way back to the Aces. Point more per card But 2 handed you wouldn't get to 31. 3handed. Hmm, 3handed or 4 if you were allowed that 4 runs with 4 of a kind, you could start at 7 counting back to the 4 aces and total 31 at that point. So 4 runs of 7 plus 4 of a kind plus 31 would be 42 points total if played out that unlikely scenario?

I've never really gotten how runs work when playing a hand. What makes a double run how the card order has to be. Like 5,6,4,6 that wouldn't be a double run correct? What about 6,5,4,6? Is that just 1 run or is it double?

Is a double/triple run only possible when you go 4,5,6 another 6, and another 6? then or if you played a 4 are you at a double run 5,6,6,4.

Cribbage players: You probably know the highest possible hand (29), but what is the highest possible peg count in a round? (2 for cutting nobs doesn't count as pegged points.)

Well 4 of a kind is 12points and 31 would add 2 to that. That's my guess on a single play. 14points. When it comes to possible peg count in a round? The 4 of a kind scenario doesn't make sense for pairing cards to have something like the possible highest in a round. Well, unless your talking teams where you have 4players and often cards don't make sense because you only can discard 1.

I dunno if it works this way but say a 3,2,A,A,A,A type of play finishing at 31. Would that add up as 4 runs of 3, 4 of a kind, plus 31? Or 26? What if you started 5,4 all the way back to the Aces. Point more per card But 2 handed you wouldn't get to 31. 3handed. Hmm, 3handed or 4 if you were allowed that 4 runs with 4 of a kind, you could start at 7 counting back to the 4 aces and total 31 at that point. So 4 runs of 7 plus 4 of a kind plus 31 would be 42 points total if played out that unlikely scenario?

I've never really gotten how runs work when playing a hand. What makes a double run how the card order has to be. Like 5,6,4,6 that wouldn't be a double run correct? What about 6,5,4,6? Is that just 1 run or is it double?

Is a double/triple run only possible when you go 4,5,6 another 6, and another 6? then or if you played a 4 are you at a double run 5,6,6,4.

I didn't even think about multi player, hard enough figuring it out for 2. :) As far as I can tell, 15 is possible for a single peg (hit 4 of a kind, 15, and last card all on the same card). 30 can be done on a round if, for instance, both players have 6--6--7-7, if all the 7s are played first, the dealer will get 14 for 2,, 28 for 13 with the 4 of a kind and go, 12 for 2 and 24 for 13 with another 4 of a kind and last card for a total of 30.

4 player...I suppose if every player had A, 2, 4, and either 5, 6, or 7, then the A's, 2s, and 4s could be played in succession, followed by a go, then the other card. One player would peg an obscene 50 points and his team 58.

For your last paragraph, a 5-6-4-6 would be nothing. But after the 5-6-4 that would be a run of 3. They don't have to be in order, but when you add in another 6, that breaks up the run. However if you added a 5 at the end for 5-6-4-6-5, that would be another run of 3 as 4-6-5 is a run since again they don't need to be in order. There are no double and triple runs while pegging. Just a run of anywhere from 3 to 7 for the same amount of points (A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) is the highest possible run without going over 31.

Im sure this has been pointed out on here before, but I was listening to the game Sunday with two of my boys in the car, ages 6 and 3. Kyle Wren came up to bat and Uecker or whomever was calling the game said his name..."Kyle Wren up to bat" and both of my boys said, "Kylo Ren?" and the laughed and laughed.

My friend and I are putting together a list of walk-up songs of Brewers & former Brewers to play during tailgates. This website has been a tremendous resource.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

My friend and I are putting together a list of walk-up songs of Brewers & former Brewers to play during tailgates. This website has been a tremendous resource.

Baldkin, where have you found walk up songs for past Brewers? I'd love to be able to find out who had what for songs through the years.

Baldkin, where have you found walk up songs for past Brewers? I'd love to be able to find out who had what for songs through the years.

Honestly, just searching through old threads here.

https://www.google.com/#q=walk+up+songs+site:forum.brewerfan.net&*

I'm old. My wife is recovering from a bad cold and for some reason it made me think about when Ludens and Smith Brothers cough drops were sold in small boxes and located at the grocery check out along side candy (Ludens came in an Orange box with a wax bag inside containing the cough drops). As kids we would buy them as candy and consume them like candy because we liked the taste.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived