Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

jerichoholicninja

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipping will cost the poor guy far more than the bobble is even worth...lol

Maybe he collects bobbles from every Canadian player???

Ya. I sold it to him for $6 and charged $6 shipping. Plus he is being charged $24 from eBay through their Global Shipping Program. So $36 for the bobblehead.

I don't understand the Global Shipping charge. What benefit does the buyer get over whatever the seller needs to charge?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Global Shipping is really for the ease of the seller. I don't want to have to deal with figuring out international shipping rates and customs forms so I let eBay deal with all of that. Plus it takes a lot of liability off of me as a seller because once eBay receives the package from me it is out of my hands and is their responsibility for whatever happens to it even if it is because of the foreign carrier.

I'll agree the buyer gets a raw deal because they have to pay my shipping charge (if I charge one) to send it to Kentucky and then pay eBay's shipping charge to get it to their country. But if they're willing to pay it, so be it. I know a lot of sellers don't do the GSP because they feel they are losing a lot of international business because of the huge shipping costs. I do it because, like I said, I don't want to deal with figuring out shipping rates and customs forms to 100's of different countries. And this is only a somewhat profitable hobby for me, not a source of income, so losing a few international sales because of it doesn't bother me.

That makes sense. You charge to ship it to Kentucky, and eBay charges to do the heavy lifting.

Exactly.

And for people like me who are very small time compared to some others it's actually increased my sales. Before if someone would ask me about international shipping I would say it cost some really high amount so that A) they wouldn't want to pay that and spare me trying to figure out how to ship it to their country or B) they would pay me a lot more than it cost to ship and I'd make more for going through the hassle of figuring it out. Now, I make 1 or 2 international sales a month.

I read a comment from someone who makes a couple hundred dollars per month from buying niche items from alibaba and reselling them on ebay. A friend of mine makes about $100/mo selling books on Amazon. He said the key is getting free books from libraries and universities who are about to throw some away.

Trans Siberian Orchestra is basically (and this is not a dig on them) a Christmas-themed 80's heavy metal hair band.

Which is exactly why I love them!

:)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

TSO has other albums, of course, but nobody cares about those. Same with Mannheim Steamroller.

Both groups have plenty of albums--not nearly as good as the Christmas stuff.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

TSO has other albums, of course, but nobody cares about those. Same with Mannheim Steamroller.

Both groups have plenty of albums--not nearly as good as the Christmas stuff.

I saw them a couple weeks ago in GB and they played a few non-Christmas songs. I really liked some of them but one song was incredibly long and boring and you could feel the crowd could not care less. There was a golf clap when it ended. Best part of the show was when they busted into about a minute of Kashmir randomly is the middle of a Christmas song and the crowd went crazy. I'd love for them to do an album of covers.

Yesterday, I split the Random Thoughts and What's Bugging You topics for the new year. We do that as a precaution because too many large threads can contribute to a drag on board performance. jerichoholicninja ended up the new year's lead in both threads. That was totally random.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Yesterday, I split the Random Thoughts and What's Bugging You topics for the new year. We do that as a precaution because too many large threads can contribute to a drag on board performance. jerichoholicninja ended up the new year's lead in both threads. That was totally random.

I feel like I should get a prize for that.

How about naming rights, like they do with stadiums? Rename the thread "Jericho's official random thoughts thread"

"Jericho's official random thoughts thread brought to you by brewerfan.net"

I will take that but only if it is called "Jericho's Official 1,004 Random Thoughts Thread Brought to you by Brewerfan.net"

I spend the better part of a week coming up with a football player made out of balloons. I came up with a pretty neat bobble head design. I would like to thank the Packers for making my efforts worthless. Oh well onto balloon roses for Valentines Day I guess.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Game of Thrones is pretty awesome. On to season 4! I'm hooked.

The problem with getting hooked on GoT is that you run out of episodes, and have to wait for the new seasons like the rest of us. I've seen the series-to-date over the course of the prior 12 months...so I can certainly relate.

Archived