Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2015)

jerichoholicninja
It's really stupid but it bothers me how the Brewers just constantly recycle the same numbers over and over again. Cravy was 45 and Wagner 59. How many times do we have to see someone wearing 45, 46, 48, and 59? I enjoyed that Thornburg wore 63, Peralta was 60, Fiers was 64, and Henderson was 53. I see that Perez has 14, before Jimenez I think it was awhile since someone wore that. I hope that Peterson keeps 64.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTMJ has been announcing that an amber alert has been issued by the "Wisconsin State Police." Wisconsin doesn't have state police.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm not sure what they meant. It's a tough call when the news person cites a law enforcement agency that doesn't exist.

In Wisconsin, amber alerts are requested by local law enforcement (in this case, the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Department). Then they're verified and activated by the Dane County Public Safety Communication Center.

At any rate, to provide information in response to an amber alert, you can call 911 and whichever law enforcement you get will handle it.

How does Wisconsin's Amber Alert Plan work?

At the school I teach at we have a locked gate for the staff parking lot. However, we have a lot of people coming in and out from outside our school for training seminars and various meetings within the district. These people come in and ALWAYS leave the gate wide open. Cars get broken into and sometimes stolen. Drives me nuts they don't seem to know or care this happens.

Then at the end of the day they don't know the code to get through the gate to the parking lot, or the code to drive out of the parking gate. So the teachers here have to sit there and watch em fumble around trying to punch in the code until they get out and ask us what it is (which none of us know because we all have swipe cards).

The only consolation is that a lot of times I just close the walk in gate as they're 100 yards away and go to my car to watch em get locked out of the lot.

Sorry, had to vent on this.

WTMJ has been announcing that an amber alert has been issued by the "Wisconsin State Police." Wisconsin doesn't have state police.

Campus police, perhaps? My brother worked for the UWM police and they were a state agency; real cops with power of arrest and everything else.

Microsoft, why do you feel the need to release 20 updates totaling 200MB all at the same time? My computer has been downloading and installing updates for two hours. I have a separate issue where you say that the email address that I've had for 15 years no longer exists, but your support website and chat has been down for 2.5 hours, I assume because people are having issues with the update.

Can you release the updates in stages? Divide that up into 3 separate updates released over 1.5 days?

This has been bugging me for years. We visited in-laws this past weekend.

We have a 30 year old nephew, lives on his own, who constantly calls his mother "MOMMY."

Am I wrong to let it bother me???

Microsoft, why do you feel the need to release 20 updates totaling 200MB all at the same time?

Only 20? Ha, got you beat! I had 23. It was the end of the day, so I just turned of my monitor and went home.

Red-haired men who call themselves a "Ginger". No, you are not a "Ginger" - a "Ginger" is a red-haired female. It comes from the character "Ginger" on Gilligan's Island. (This offense is typically committed by a "Millennial" or "Generation Z", who have no idea what Gilligan's Island is.)

Red-haired men who call themselves a "Ginger". No, you are not a "Ginger" - a "Ginger" is a red-haired female. It comes from the character "Ginger" on Gilligan's Island. (This offense is typically committed by a "Millennial" or "Generation Z", who have no idea what Gilligan's Island is.)

Quick Google Search:

The OED online has this listed as definition 5.B of "ginger":

B. adj.1 dial.

Of hair: Having the colour of ginger. Of a person: Sandy-haired. Of a cock: Having red plumage.

a1825 R. Forby Vocab. E. Anglia (1830) , Ginger, of a pale red colour, particularly applied to hair.

1834 T. Medwin Angler in Wales I. 35, I perceive a fine red or ginger game-cock in the yard.

1886 R. Holland Gloss. Words County of Chester, Ginger, sandy-haired. ‘He's a bit ginger.’

1897 Daily News 10 Sept. 2/6, Complexion and hair brown, moustache ginger.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

It seems to me that there might be a subtle difference between "ginger" and "a Ginger."

Re the updates, 200MB seems reasonable these days, but 20 separate updates doesn't. I'd bet that a lot of them could have been combined.

Microsoft's "Patch Tuesday" setup is designed to make things easier for IT people. The only updates that are issued between scheduled Tuesdays are the ones that are considered to be emergencies. My understanding is that this will change with Windows 10, with updates being delivered to personal users when they're ready.

The AT&T commercial for the first female in major league history bugs me because Bill Brown, the batter that she faces, looks like he's about 53 years old.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

He could be a Brewer, let's sign him up!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I remember just a few years ago that the push was for everyone to pay with a credit or debit card. Now there are minimum card purchases and discounts for paying cash. I understand the credit card companies are to supposedly to blame for charging businesses obscene amounts to use their cards but that tide seemed to turn pretty darn quickly.

I think the push was done by the credit card companies. I believe there is a base charge for every purchase on a credit card or debit card. At least that is the impression I get from some smaller stores.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I think the push was done by the credit card companies. I believe there is a base charge for every purchase on a credit card or debit card. At least that is the impression I get from some smaller stores.

It sounds like there's a charge for every transaction. It makes more sense to me for them to charge a monthly or yearly subscription fee instead. But what do I know.

There is a transaction fee charged by Visa, MC, AMEX. Not sure what it is, but I think it may be .50-$1. This is for credit, not debit. So you can see why retailers would want to avoid that- especially on smaller purchases.

Archived