Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2015)

jerichoholicninja

My folks own a second place in Arizona that's walking distance to the football stadium and most of the year they rent it out. They considered upping the rent for this month, but the renters are yearly regulars so they got the normal price. Anyway, they were there yesterday and someone knocks on their door and says "Uh, I have this place rented this week. Here's my paperwork." I'm guessing the scammers must have created some mirror website to the rental agency my folks use. The couple were scammed out of $6000.

Unrelated, but the cleaning lady went to the house once but the renters hadn't left at their appointed time. The cleaning lady is checking things out (the people weren't home) and she finds 100 pounds of marijuana in the bathtub. The police staked out the house but the people never returned, so they eventually called the renters and said "Yeah, if you want your marijuana back you can come pick it up at the police station." My folks no longer rent to people who live in town.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I fast forward/rewind/skip while watching TV through my DVR an annoying green bar comes up across the bottom 20% of the screen or so for several seconds showing me where the program is in relation to the recording or real-time. This is especially annoying while watching sports because that is usually where they put the scores, stats, etc., and I can't figure out how to permanently turn it off. I can hit "exit" on the remote, but if I do that a split second after the bar automatically hides itself I exit out of the recording completely and have to go back in to my DVR recordings and play it again. Who the heck cares where you are in relation to the length of the recording?

The other thing that bugs me is that in this day and age of cable TV and DVRs and on-demand services is when you turn on a TV program that is already underway, why can't you send a signal through the cable box to upload the rest of the program that you missed to your DVR? How can technology have not evolved to that point yet?

I'm not sure if Directv will start a show from the beginning if you hit record on it part way through, but several shows allow you to restart the show from the beginning if you missed the start. I did have a service that would start the recording from the start if you did hit record, part way through. It's out there.

Broken leg yoshii, that's not cool.

My doctor put in a referral for a sleep study. The first available date for an at home study was January 20...8 weeks from the date I get the referral. January 20 comes and goes, I do the test, and it comes back that I have severe sleep apnea (which I figured), and they need to do another sleep test, this time in the clinic because they are giving me a CPAP. The next available appointment? May 8. So from the time I went in to get the referral to the time I actually get treatment will be 6 months. Seems a bit excessive.

Hmmm, must be the study center. I had to wait two weeks for the first study. Then when we agreed to do the study with the CPAP, they wanted me in the next day, though I chose to wait a week.

I applied for a job right before Thanksgiving. They called me today and the person on the phone said they just got around to looking at resumes and wanted to see if I was still interested. You posted a job over 3 months ago and are just now getting around to looking at resumes? No thanks, not interested.

I applied for a job right before Thanksgiving. They called me today and the person on the phone said they just got around to looking at resumes and wanted to see if I was still interested. You posted a job over 3 months ago and are just now getting around to looking at resumes? No thanks, not interested.

I can't believe they said that. They should be saying, "We just had a new position open up and were wondering if you were still interested"

Way to flaunt your own incompetence....

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I can't believe they said that. They should be saying, "We just had a new position open up and were wondering if you were still interested"

Way to flaunt your own incompetence....

This is what I was thinking. When they said who they were I figured the person they hired didn't work out and they were just going back through everyone who applied.

To be fair, though, a few years ago this same company offered me what they called a "graphic design" position after a recruiter gave them my resume. When they brought me in to show me the job to see if I wanted it they took me to the factory floor to show me how to assemble the product I would be making. They considered it "graphic design" because every now and then I would have to type something into a computer and center it. Needless to say, I turned them down then too.

Not that uncommon. Sometimes companies put on hiring freezes, frequently when going through some type of restructuring/acquisition/disposition, after positions have already been posted. Departments go straight to HR when they have an open position and HR's job is to post it; neither know if/when a CEO/board of directors/etc. is going to put on a hiring freeze.

Happened to one of my classmates last summer. Started as a MBA intern with P&G and they have always extended offers if people do a good job, but after he accepted his internship they decided to sell off some of their divisions/brands. P&G wanted to make sure that people in those divisions who wanted to stay with P&G in Cincinnati could have opportunities elsewhere so they put a hiring freeze on and did not extend my classmate an offer. Now P&G is starting to put out feelers for full-time MBA grads but not officially recruiting yet.

Trying to shop around for health insurance is like getting a root canal. My wife and I are looking at switching providers, and just trying to find out if our local hospital accepts this other provider is maddening. Already called the hospital directly and they said we'd "have to check with the provider." How does that even make sense? And of course, we called the provider, been on hold for about 20 minutes, and haven't been able to actually talk with an actual human being yet.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It'll be nice having real health insurance for the first time in many years. I'm in my late 30s but still have my appendix and tonsils, so I've been scared of needing surgery on either and having to pay for them out of pocket.

Never call a doctor's office on a Monday morning if it isn't an emergency. You and every patient of theirs who got sick, forgot their medication refill, had some type of accident, etc., over the weekend are all trying to call in at the same time. If you can, wait until the afternoon or tomorrow.

Never call a doctor's office on a Monday morning if it isn't an emergency. You and every patient of theirs who got sick, forgot their medication refill, had some type of accident, etc., over the weekend are all trying to call in at the same time. If you can, wait until the afternoon or tomorrow.

I was able to get through eventually, and found out this particular provider does not have an agreement with our local hospital. So it's back to the drawing board for our family as to what plan will work for us.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

not sure who I hate more on commercials....Flo from Progressive, or the young annoying one from the AT&T adds. Once I invent the Bill Walton and Phil Simms mute button, I want to find a way to block these annoying pitch people

For the umpteenth time (and won't be the last time I gripe about it)....people who text while they are driving.

What is really getting annoying about it is that I don't see any near term solution to this epidemic. I think accidents caused by texting are significantly under-reported because its harder to prove. My guess is that police do not have the authority to ask a driver for their cell phone unless perhaps a fatality is involved and I think it's rare for a driver to be pulled over just for suspicion of texting and driving. WTMJ 620 tried to initiate a campaign against texting and driving several months ago, but I'm not sure they had much success. One reason is because I think so many people do it and either are completely unaware of how much it is affecting their driving or they just don't care.

Not only is it very dangerous it's also very annoying to drive anywhere near a person who is texting. They are easy to spot. They don't maintain a constant speed and they have a hard time staying in their lane. Their driving behavior is very similar to a person driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I was recently yelled at by a roommate because I was using the kitchen to make dinner when they got home.

So.....some questions:

-When you say "they", do you mean him/her and his/her significant other? Or do you have multiple roommates and when "they" got home, "one" of those roommates got upset with you (you say "a roommate", then you say "they")?

- What time was it? Where they mad because you were making dinner at an odd time at night or early morning? Your statement makes it sound like they didn't want you to make dinner in the kitchen, but I can't imagine where else they would expect you to make it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

two roommates, a girl and a guy, and they're a couple. One yelled, but being a couple they speak for the pair. I was home all day and they were working. When they got home I was already in the kitchen making my dinner (about 6:30). The guy said he was very mad that I was using the kitchen when they got home and that I should have been cooking when they were gone (I was making pizza dough). He said I do this all the time. I'll add that I don't cook every day and they frequently eat takeout, so I'm not sure what "all the time" necessarily means.

I don't think 6:30 is an everyday schedule for them but I also don't pay attention. They don't have M-F 9-5 jobs. He insinuated I peer through the window for them to get home and then race in the kitchen. I told him he was more than welcome to be in the kitchen with me and that I could move whatever was necessary. He swore again, I told him that my appetite won't revolve around their schedule and if they didn't like it they can find a new roommate. He swore again so I gave my 30-day notice.

I don't know the degree of right or wrong in this particular instance and a complaint had never been brought up to me before. I recognized it as control and that I couldn't keep capitulating. I can use very little kitchen space and can only have two drawers to their 12. I must maintain a spotless kitchen but they leave big piles of dishes out for about a week at a time.

I'll likely need a couple weeks at an extended stay motel, but I should be able to afford it.

Geez, Game05, sounds like a nightmare. These aren't your roommates by chance, are they?

http://judgmentalobserver.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/306475_bridesmaids_rebel_600x400.jpg

Archived