Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2015)

jerichoholicninja
Why did Burnett just fall down on the Int with 5min left bugs me too. Seeing that, seeing GB give the ball back to Seattle, it was that moment I thought of the InterTDception, and was feeling this downfall was about to play out.

After reading and listening to all the pundits in the last 12 hours, this is really the play that bothers me the most. It signifies the attitude on the sidelines- that the game was over. Return that thing another 20 yards or more, and then maybe the game IS over.

Bostick's play was horrible, but at least he was trying to do something positive. That's actually the one that bothers me the least of about 20 plays I can come up with.

Packer fans are so "nice" and McCarthy is never held accountable. Epic playoff fail after epic playoff fail. Not exaggerating too much when I say a really good HS football coach could win division titles with this team. McCarthy is paid to win Super Bowls, and has been horrible for years in the playoffs.

I mean, how do you NOT expect a fake FG in that situation?!?! Everyone I was watching the game with yelled simultaneously "they're going to fake it!!" I could go on and on. The man just does not have a feel for the game, his nose is always in his play charts, and can't see the big picture.

But, not only is his job not in peril, he'll probably get nothing but kudos for a great season. Apparently the only reason they lost is..."that's football." Amazing.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Settling for 18 and 19 yard field goals on the road.

Meh..in hindsight, if they don't settle for the first field goal and then don't convert, they probably don't get the 2nd field goal. Rushing 3 guys on 3rd and 19 was my biggest question mark in regards to coaching. Other than that, most of they blame imho lies with the player's lack of execution.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

You have Eddie Lacy running behind John Kuhn (and a play where he also runs behind Mike Daniels) running at an undersized Seattle defensive line. If you don't make it you have the opposing team pinned at their own 0.5 yard line. If you downed a punt at the 0.5 yard line you'd be ecstatic. Or spread the field and run a shovel pass to Lacy up the middle, you know, like how Seattle spread the field and ran Lynch up the middle for big gains.

That being said, 3rd and 19 is the one I'm most bugged about. But I think that one was player execution though as I don't think it was designed to let a WR run free past the first down marker.

You have Eddie Lacy running behind John Kuhn (and a play where he also runs behind Mike Daniels) running at an undersized Seattle defensive line. If you don't make it you have the opposing team pinned at their own 0.5 yard line. If you downed a punt at the 0.5 yard line you'd be ecstatic. Or spread the field and run a shovel pass to Lacy up the middle, you know, like how Seattle spread the field and ran Lynch up the middle for big gains.

That being said, 3rd and 19 is the one I'm most bugged about. But I think that one was player execution though as I don't think it was designed to let a WR run free past the first down marker.

3rd and 19 really didn't matter. Clay Matthews had hands to the face on that play which would have given Seattle a first down anyways. Seattle declined the penalty.

fondybrewfan posted something in the "What's not bugging you" thread regarding the relatively mild winter compared to last year and I totally agree with it. However, I have this related rant that I thought was more appropriate for this thread.

I was in an elevator earlier this month (Jan 12th or something like that?...towards the end of the cold snap we had earlier in the month) and the conversation between the two other people in the elevator was along the lines of how cold it was and how they were hoping after last winter that we would get a break this winter but "no such luck". I didn't chime in, but I thought really? We basically just had one week of really cold weather at that point (I went golfing the day after Christmas!) and you are going to compare this to last year?

I hate it when people make general sweeping comments about the weather with very little facts. It will be sunny out and they will say something like.."I thought they were predicting rain. The forecasters are never right", when the forecast really just called for a chance of rain and perhaps that was going to start later in the day or maybe there was a good chance that most of the rain would miss to the north or south. Basically they saw a picture with a cloud and drop coming out of the cloud and made the assumption that it would be an all day rain without actually reading the full forecast or listening to anything the meteorologist had to say. Kind of reminds me of this conversation from "Groundhog Day", starting at about 1:55.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm bugged by restaurant menu signage with print so small that it isn't readable until getting to the spot where you place your order. That wastes my time, the cashier's time, and the time of people in line behind me.

A couple places have menus that are so bad that they're not even readable once you get to the counter. At Noodles, I've been handed printed menus at the order window. Yesterday at Starbucks, I had to have parts of the menu read to me. Bigger print and something other than medium gray text on a slightly darker gray background would help immensely.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm bugged by restaurant menu signage with print so small that it isn't readable until getting to the spot where you place your order. That wastes my time, the cashier's time, and the time of people in line behind me.

A couple places have menus that are so bad that they're not even readable once you get to the counter. At Noodles, I've been handed printed menus at the order window. Yesterday at Starbucks, I had to have parts of the menu read to me. Bigger print and something other than medium gray text on a slightly darker gray background would help immensely.

Agreed 100%.

Speaking of Super Bowl, all the hate that Marshawn Lynch is getting for not wanting to do interviews. So what? It's not like they ever ask anything worthwhile anyway. If he's not going to have anything interesting to say why do reporters keep asking him questions? Are they just trying to rile him up to get a TMZ moment out of him?

What? But if I don't get to hear the answers to questions like "What are the keys to this game?" and "What are you doing to prepare?" from just one of the many players out there, how will I ever find out these important answers?

What good actually comes out of media day, anyway? Seems to me that mostly what comes out of it is reporting on what media day is like.

Actually, it bugs me that he can get away with saying "I'm just here so I don't get fined". Yes, I know that the majority of questions are stupid, but really? How much money does he make and he can't just play nice for a little while and answer some questions? What a prima donna.

Actually, it bugs me that he can get away with saying "I'm just here so I don't get fined". Yes, I know that the majority of questions are stupid, but really? How much money does he make and he can't just play nice for a little while and answer some questions? What a prima donna.

I agree with this. So many impressionable young athletes out there that could benefit from somebody articulating what he feels. It's not the answer that's important, it's the image. It's called "Being a Professional".

Ted Simmons went through almost all of the 1982 season without speaking to the media. I don't think anyone really cared.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Exactly. Bottom line, it's part of his job. I'm pretty sure we all have things about our job we don't like, but we do it. Doesn't matter if we care what he has to say or not. (I don't.) It's in his contract, so do what you're supposed to do. I really hate the attitude of "the rules don't apply to me."

The fact that "Media Day" is a story or even a thing really is kind of mind-boggling. Am I the only person in America that doesn't even remotely care about the Super Bowl and will be finding something else to do on Sunday? If the Packers were in it then sure, but if it's not my team I really am totally indifferent.

The fact that "Media Day" is a story or even a thing really is kind of mind-boggling. Am I the only person in America that doesn't even remotely care about the Super Bowl and will be finding something else to do on Sunday? If the Packers were in it then sure, but if it's not my team I really am totally indifferent.

No, I would say most of Wisconsin is probably in the same boat as you. Otherwise the Super Bowl is the highest rated TV every year. Americans watch. Whether they care or not is another story but they will watch in droves.

I totally agree with you about Media Day. It's just an event so the media can bring attention to themselves and find one or two players every year they can grill about some of the field incident to make the player look bad.

I totally agree with you about Media Day. It's just an event so the media can bring attention to themselves and find one or two players every year they can grill about some of the field incident to make the player look bad.

I agree. It's the media trying to create news by making something out of nothing. How long has it even been around?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Back in November, I went to the doctor because of sleep problems. I never felt refreshed and was getting to the point where I could fall asleep literally anywhere at any time, including behind the wheel of my car on the way to work in the morning. My doctor put in a referral for a sleep study. The first available date for an at home study was January 20...8 weeks from the date I get the referral. January 20 comes and goes, I do the test, and it comes back that I have severe sleep apnea (which I figured), and they need to do another sleep test, this time in the clinic because they are giving me a CPAP. The next available appointment? May 8. So from the time I went in to get the referral to the time I actually get treatment will be 6 months. Seems a bit excessive.

NeedMoreFans, my impression is that sleep apnea is treatable, so that could be great news. People who get it treated often think its a great thing and people who don't sometimes even die, sooooo... as your avatar would say WOOHOO.

The 6 month thing, I could prattle on but it would be all veering toward political stuff.

Formerly AKA Pete

No, I would say most of Wisconsin is probably in the same boat as you. Otherwise the Super Bowl is the highest rated TV every year. Americans watch. Whether they care or not is another story but they will watch in droves.

I live 7 miles from the Cardinals stadium. Its been nonstop Super Bowl coverage out here for a while. The local news stations have literally been spending their entire newscasts on the events and what A through D lists celebrities are in town. Granted, its a nice break from the constant coverage of shootings and stabbings, but still. What bugs me the most though is how the Shield restricts the use of the phrase Super bowl. Its so lame calling it "the big game" or "Super Sunday" etc. Im glad MLB isnt that stingy.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

In the meantime, if you don't already, sleep on your side or stomach. I recently shared a hotel room with a friend who was having pretty bad sleep apnea, to the point where I was scared; granted, he was somewhat drunk and extremely tired but when I rolled him over onto his stomach he started breathing just fine.

I'm not an expert or anything, but if you aren't completely comfortable on your side, try putting a pillow between your knees.

The 6 month wait is pretty common. Its part of the reason that medical tourism is booming.

Formerly AKA Pete

There are specially-designed side sleeper pillows that are shaped like a hook, with a long tail that goes down your back to keep you from flipping on your back. If you live in or find yourself in the Madison area get in contact with me as I have an extra one. Alternatively, you can try putting some pillows behind you to keep you from falling on your back.

Archived