Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2015)

jerichoholicninja

When the heavier-set woman who is cutting your hair on an 80-degree day for some reason chose not to wear deodorant that day.

"Looks good" means "I'll finish it at home regardless of how it will turn out".

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the heavier-set woman who is cutting your hair on an 80-degree day for some reason chose not to wear deodorant that day.

"Looks good" means "I'll finish it at home regardless of how it will turn out".

Classic. Feel your pain, yet can't stop laughing. Sorry.

I drove on 41 from Fond du Lac to Green Bay today. The signs are mostly done. It seems really stupid to have one road signed twice with the same number.

Actually almost none of them are done. The only signs that exist for I-41 are the small ones along the road. The large overhanging signs haven't been changed, neither have any of the on ramps. So, any sign that states "41 North...this way" for example, are all stall the old signs.

You're right though, having both is stupid. Makes it look as though 41 is "sort of" an interstate.

(By the way Google maps shows it as I-41 at least.)

Occasionally, because of Zoo interchange traffic, I will take canal street home from work, drive around Miller Park, and get on the freeway at Mitchell Blvd (this helps avoid a lot of the back up on some days). Anyways, if you are not familiar with Canal Street, there is a wide "sidewalk" that runs along the north side of the street from 6th street all the way up until a little past 35th street (then it continues on the south side of Canal St. and eventually passes back under the street). This is the Hank Aaron state trail built specifically for hikers, runners, and bikers. However there have been times when I have witnessed bike riders using the street and not the path. Canal street is a 4 lane street (two lanes going west and two going east). For the majority of the route between 6th street and the stadium there is no "buffer" between the two middle lanes (very dangerous to stray over the center line at all) and absolutely no room between the outside lane and the sidewalk. There is basically just enough room for cars. Because of the zoo interchange construction, this has become a heavily used street during afternoon rush hour. So, when there is a biker for some inexplicable reason using the street instead of the extra wide path, traffic in the outside lane basically has to stop until cars can find an opening to get around the biker.

I can't for the life of me understand why there is a small percentage of bikers that would not use the path that was built specifically for them?? I honked at a biker doing this the other day and he gave me the finger. Seriously? You are mad at me because I want you to use the path that you are suppose to use and not put yourself and drivers in danger? Can some avid biker on this site enlighten me as to the reason a biker would want to do this?

BTW - I hope its obvious that when I say "biker", I mean "bicyclist"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The state told us that studies indicated that the average speed of traffic would remain unchanged with the new speed limit. The new limit simply acknowledges what people were already doing.

While that makes sense, I'd have to think that people who are motivated by the speed limit and want to avoid tickets might be going a little faster. Before the change, I tended to go between 68 and 70. Now I go about 73.

68mph drivers shouldn't normally be in the left lane. The obvious exception would be when traffic is heavy enough that everyone's below the limit. Of course, the problem is that the right lane has the drivers that prefer to stick around 60. 75-plus shouldn't be a requirement to be in the left lane.

The bottom line is that driving is a team sport. If you're blocking traffic in the left lane, you should move right as soon as traffic permits it. But you shouldn't be forced to go 55-60 in order to allow someone to go 80.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The bottom line is that driving is a team sport. If you're blocking traffic in the left lane, you should move right as soon as traffic permits it. But you shouldn't be forced to go 55-60 in order to allow someone to go 80.

I'm not a team player when it comes to the streets near my house--namely Calhoun Road between Greenfield & Bluemound.

It's 35 there and people will often go 45. But this is my neighborhood, with kids from my daughter's school and families who live all around. I will purposely stick it at 35 in the left lane the whole way, much to the disgust of people who use that road to get wherever they are late for. Their lateness or urgency isn't my problem. It's 35.

That's different. 35 is safe, and 45 isn't. Also, on a surface street, speed isn't the only factor that determines the lane that drivers use. Turns come into play, for instance.

The gurus say that the safest freeway speed is the 85th percentile. But that's for limited access roads. Surface streets have intersections, driveways, pedestrians, bicycles, pets, and whatever.

Why do people drive 68 mph through a 70 mph zone, yet also drive 68 through a 55 mph construction zone? Man I want to see someone pulled over and get a huge fine.

Worse is following someone going 50 in a 55 and not slowing down in a 35.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I can't for the life of me understand why there is a small percentage of bikers that would not use the path that was built specifically for them?? I honked at a biker doing this the other day and he gave me the finger. Seriously? You are mad at me because I want you to use the path that you are suppose to use and not put yourself and drivers in danger? Can some avid biker on this site enlighten me as to the reason a biker would want to do this?

BTW - I hope its obvious that when I say "biker", I mean "bicyclist"

I'll take a moment and try to explain the reasoning to you, being a cyclist and someone who used to regularly go that route, biking with any sort of speed is completely impossible on that path, due to the sheer incompetence of people who are running and walking and biking side by side and taking up the entire path.

It's much safer for ME as well as the runners and walkers for me to be on the road when I am clipped in and cruising.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Just because someone biking is frustrated by walkers and runners on the path, does not mean that the right thing to do is go on a road that has no room for bikes and ball up traffic (and the way people drive on Canal, I can't honestly believe that it's safer for bikers to ride on the street there). I get frustrated with other drivers on the road, that doesn't mean I have the right to ride in the emergency lane in order to avoid them. There is clearly a place for bikes on Canal and a place for cars. I will respect the rights of bicyclists when they respect the rights of motorists.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I drove on 41 from Fond du Lac to Green Bay today. The signs are mostly done. It seems really stupid to have one road signed twice with the same number.

I figured they're "double-signing" for the transition period only...so some drivers aren't like WHERE'S US 41?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm bothered by the guy in the US Cellular/iPhone commercial who has a beautiful wife and adorable kids at home, but he is off rock climbing, waking up in a suspended tent , facetiming with them as they all wake up.

Dude, you've got young kids who depend on you to be their dad. You should be home, cooking breakfast for them, not risking your life on a worthless pursuit.

The thing that bothers me about that ad is how the guy has no protection for his phone. He's such a good climber that he doesn't ever scratch the phone? :rolleyes

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just because someone biking is frustrated by walkers and runners on the path, does not mean that the right thing to do is go on a road that has no room for bikes and ball up traffic (and the way people drive on Canal, I can't honestly believe that it's safer for bikers to ride on the street there). I get frustrated with other drivers on the road, that doesn't mean I have the right to ride in the emergency lane in order to avoid them. There is clearly a place for bikes on Canal and a place for cars. I will respect the rights of bicyclists when they respect the rights of motorists.

Here in Manitowoc/Two Rivers we have the Mariners Trail which goes along the lake and next to Memorial Drive. My wife and I get incredibly frustrated by bikers who ride on the road when there is a perfectly good trail. Memorial Drive is 45 MPH with a few roads to turn on to. I understand walkers being a hassle but the trail is there for a reason.

Here in Manitowoc/Two Rivers we have the Mariners Trail which goes along the lake and next to Memorial Drive. My wife and I get incredibly frustrated by bikers who ride on the road when there is a perfectly good trail. Memorial Drive is 45 MPH with a few roads to turn on to. I understand walkers being a hassle but the trail is there for a reason.

http://www.wdc-online.org/index.php/wdc-journal/wdc-journal-archive/summer-2011/liability-considerations-in-bicycle-accident-cases-a-bike-law-refresher

Bicyclists have the right to ride on virtually any road (save freeways or roads where bicycles are specifically excluded), regardless of whether there is a path adjacent to the roadway which could arguably be less congested or safer.

The idea that you're more important or better because you drive and that somehow, your time is more valuable than my safety, is amazing to me.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

http://www.wdc-online.org/index.php/wdc-journal/wdc-journal-archive/summer-2011/liability-considerations-in-bicycle-accident-cases-a-bike-law-refresher

Bicyclists have the right to ride on virtually any road (save freeways or roads where bicycles are specifically excluded), regardless of whether there is a path adjacent to the roadway which could arguably be less congested or safer.

The idea that you're more important or better because you drive and that somehow, your time is more valuable than my safety, is amazing to me.

[sarcasm]Which is exactly what I said.[/sarcasm]

Just because bikers have the right to ride on the road doesn't mean it is the smartest thing to do. It certainly messes up traffic and is a safety hazard when a car is trying to turn but can't, and can't even move into the turn lane, because a biker is there.

If you read my original post, you would see that I stated "a small percentage of bikers on canal use the road". At least 90% of the bikers I see on that road are using the designated bike path and know how to deal with the small number of walkers and runners on the path. I'm sorry, I can't for the life of me, regardless of walkers/runners on canal (and there really are not that many) and regardless of the law, can understand how you believe riding your bike on that street is safer than riding on the very wide bike/hike/running path. If you are riding your bike that fast on that path that walkers and runners are a concern to you, then maybe its you you thinks your time is more valuable than my safety (yes, by riding your bike on that street you are increasing the chance of an accident).

My wife and I take 2 mile walks on the Glacial Drumlin trail in Waukesha on almost a daily basis after work. That path is maybe a 1/4 as wide as the Aaron trail running along Canal street. Bikes fly by us all the time at close proximity, but I have never seen any incidents where anyone was hit or a bike crashed.

HBO's Real Sports just did a segment on this very topic, I think there's plenty of fault on both sides of the debate.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't have an issue with bikes riding in the road. As pointed out, they have a legal right to do so. I just think on certain streets like Canal, especially during rush hour and when there is this huge bike path right there, it doesn't make any sense.

My son's friend from high school committed suicide yesterday. Always seemed like a sweet, happy kid to me. I wish these kids could realize that nothing is ever that bad. Unfortunately, you learn that with life experience...which he will never get. Such a sad loss.

Why would Eli Manning have sunday nfl ticket. He would only be able to use it 1 week a season.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
People that film entire songs while at a live rock concert really bother me. You have a show going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU and your stupid iPhone (which you are holding the wrong way for video by the way) is never going to recreate the sound and fury of Metallica playing 30 yards to the south. You, sir, are a dumb dumb.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The same thing happens on a greater scale in January when they refer to "last year." :)

That's been going on forever, so I guess it's accepted news-speak. At any rate, it beats newscasters who say "guy," "cops," or "weed."

Speaking of news, this morning on CBS, "What airlines won't tell you about delayed flights". Like there's some big conspiracy. Then you watch the segment, and they basically say they try to inconvenience the least amount of people on the flight and waiting for that plane, so smaller regional jets get delayed before larger national/international flights. Nothing like the media framing a conspiracy that doesn't exist.

Archived