Brewer Fanatic

2015 Parking Prices

rickh150

Hate paying for parking when attending sporting events. Understand it, but hate it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you hate it, just park on the street. It's generally pretty easy to do for most big sporting events that take place in the state of Wisconsin, if you're willing to walk half a mile to a mile.

Yeah, ditto that. Outside of a few very select games where I am both tailgating and the one driving the group to the tailgate, I have not parked in the lots for years. Even though a lot more people do it now than ten years ago, I still take one of the free Bluemound shuttles in park on the streets running off of Bluemound. Some but not all usually require you to purchase something there, so we will grab dinner or the occasional beer before heading in.

Any word on prices for 2015?

On the brewers site under Weather Day, they have advanced general parking at $11 and advanced preferred at $16, both increases I believe.

Last year Advanced general was $9, and day of game was $10, with Marquee being $15.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

By today's standards, Miller Park parking is still relatively cheap, though I'm still known to park occasionally on one of the streets off of National and walk through the Veteran's Hospital grounds. Be careful though as you have to go far enough west as the closer streets have parking restrictions during games and there's other restrictions during weekdays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the parking prices, but it's a mild inconvenience that it's now going to be a bit harder to have the correct change ready at the gate and that it'll be a little harder for the attendants to make change.

As an aside on parking, if you need to use an ADA (disability) spot, make sure to buy the cheapest parking available. All tickets are good, so you may as well not overspend.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Parking prices have always been a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Yeah I get it. The Brewers need the revenue. But the fact is even though the taxpayers foot the bill for the Stadium somehow it was built where it is, not downtown where it probably should have been. And the area that it was built on just happens to be surrounded by a sea of parking lots that make walking to the stadium extremely inconvenient.

Personally, I think prices should be lower for people in the 5 county area that is still affected by the sales tax. The $15 weekend and special game price should be the everyday price for people in the 5 county area.

Maybe, if the Bucks weren't downtown I'd g to some games.

I work downtown so I'm very familiar with it and perhaps I'm a bit biased but I don't find downtown all that challenging to navigate. The BC is right on the edge of downtown and usually you can find street parking within about 4-5 blocks of the stadium, especially during the week. But even if you do settle for a parking structure I'll bet you are a heck of lot closer to the arena than you are if you park in the general admission parking lot at the Brewers game. It doesn't seem as far because it's just a big empty lot but it's got to be the equivalent of 5-6 city blocks walking from the parking lot to the stadium, depending on which end of the lot you're on. Plus, I have just as much trouble , if not more, getting out of the lot at Miller Park than I do downtown. At MP there are like 9 billion cars and like 2 exits. Downtown you can go different directions depending on where the traffic is heavy and there are at least two freeway entrances going each direction within 5 blocks of the BC.

Parking prices have always been a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Yeah I get it. The Brewers need the revenue. But the fact is even though the taxpayers foot the bill for the Stadium somehow it was built where it is, not downtown where it probably should have been. And the area that it was built on just happens to be surrounded by a sea of parking lots that make walking to the stadium extremely inconvenient.

Personally, I think prices should be lower for people in the 5 county area that is still affected by the sales tax. The $15 weekend and special game price should be the everyday price for people in the 5 county area.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the lots are leased to a company that runs them and sets the prices, not the Brewers, so the Brewers have pretty much no control over how much parking costs.

I live in Waukesha and work downtown. I've also been a 20 game season ticket holder for the last 20+ years. However, if they had built the stadium downtown, I probably would not have continued to be a season ticket holder. My main issue is accessibility.

Right now, even if there are 40,000+ at the stadium, I can usually get from my parking spot to the freeway within 3 or 4 minutes and be home in 20 minutes. It just seems like it would have been a nightmare downtown. I've been to Bucks games with less than 15,000 people and leaving parking structures or even surface lots after the game can take a long time. I can't imagine how that would be with 40,000 people trying to leave downtown. I could see it taking over an hour to get home after a game if the stadium was downtown. I know people want to argue that most fans would stick around downtown and go to a bar. I think the percentage of fans that would do that, especially on a weeknight, would be small.

I don't know, seems like they have done pretty good at drawing fans at the current location. Not sure how one can 2nd guess that decision at this point.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I live in Waukesha and work downtown. I've also been a 20 game season ticket holder for the last 20+ years. However, if they had built the stadium downtown, I probably would not have continued to be a season ticket holder. My main issue is accessibility.

Right now, even if there are 40,000+ at the stadium, I can usually get from my parking spot to the freeway within 3 or 4 minutes and be home in 20 minutes. It just seems like it would have been a nightmare downtown. I've been to Bucks games with less than 15,000 people and leaving parking structures or even surface lots after the game can take a long time. I can't imagine how that would be with 40,000 people trying to leave downtown. I could see it taking over an hour to get home after a game if the stadium was downtown. I know people want to argue that most fans would stick around downtown and go to a bar. I think the percentage of fans that would do that, especially on a weeknight, would be small.

I don't know, seems like they have done pretty good at drawing fans at the current location. Not sure how one can 2nd guess that decision at this point.

As an out of towner, I whole heartedly agree. To both parts...the Bucks/Marquette is a pain in my butt when I go to them, Brewer games are a breeze.

Are these prices expensive? Most lots around PNC Park are in the $15 - 25 range, and the garages across the river are in that range as well. Not a whole lot of street parking, unless you're willing to walk a mile or two.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

how is that even feasible? do you have to show them your drivers license at the ticket gate to get the discounted rate? What would stop everyone from saying they're from the 5 county area?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I forget how much parking near Wrigley costs, but I remember when I heard it I thought whaaaaaaaat?

I think it was 40 for regular games and 50 for weekend and special games. You can see why Cubs fans in the North suburbs like Miller Park.

I was involved in politics for decades and burned out. Now I don't follow any of it. But the valley near Miller Park seems ideal to build a stadium with parking already there, land already there et cetera.

Could Marquette and UW play there at least eventually? Design it so it has really good acoustics and make it regular concert venue. Engage Potatawatami somehow. I dunno. There are probably flaws in all those ideas, but earmarks has been roundly condemned as a sham for decades unless it was from new revenue sources that benefit from a project.

They're gonna do what they're gonna do, so I worry more about lunch.

Formerly AKA Pete

I can usually get from my parking spot to the freeway within 3 or 4 minutes and be home in 20

Really? You and I have vastly different experiences. It's been about 2 years since I've paid for parking in the Brewers lot, for a variety of reasons. I don't go to nearly as many games as I used to. I also think $12 to park is kind of expensive and would rather take a shuttle. Plus I don't like how long it takes me to get out of the lot. I don't follow the names of the lots but when I do park I park in the lot north of the stadium, between I94 and the Story Hill/Bluemound Road area. If I don't leave early, which I usually do just to beat traffic, it'll take me a good 10-15 minutes just to walk to my car. Then, with literally thousands of cars and one street to exit it's essentially a free for all trying to get out. If I can get out of the lot within 10 minutes I view it as a victory So all in all from the time I leave Miller Park to the time I get out of the stadium lots I generally find it to be 20-30 minutes at best.

Now again, I work downtown and am very familiar with it so perhaps my views are skewed but I don't have any issues at all parking down there. I don't go to many Bucks games but when I do I park in the structure on 7th/State. You can enter the structure straight from the freeway if you're coming from the west. And when you leave you can get onto to freeway from any direction within 5 blocks. There are also two separate exits to the parking garage, one on 7th St and one up a level on 8th St.

how is that even feasible? do you have to show them your drivers license at the ticket gate to get the discounted rate? What would stop everyone from saying they're from the 5 county area?

Well the Brewers have certain dates where people buying tickets who live in the 5 county area get discounted prices. I assume they just show an ID so yeah I imagine you could just do the same thing at the parking gate.

But the valley near Miller Park seems ideal to build a stadium with parking already there, land already there et cetera.

I think for out of town people it is good because they aren't typically as familiar with the area and don't want to drive downtown. It's also good for tailgating. But in terms of economic development the stadium is essentially worthless. Miller Parkway may have seen some additional development because of the stadium. Maybe something on National Ave or Bluemound Rd.....I guess. But it's not like a hotel or bar can open up claiming their proximity to Miller Park as an advantage. You can't just grab a beer and then walk across the street to the game like you can in Chicago or Pittsburgh or St Louis. Yeah you can take a shuttle but even then it's not nearly as convenient as simply walking a block or two.

I often times don't park in the Miller Park lots but if I stay for the whole game it is always much easier to get out of a Bucks game than it is to get out of a Brewers game. Taking out the tailgating option I would take parking at Bucks games every time over parking at Brewers games.

I can usually get from my parking spot to the freeway within 3 or 4 minutes and be home in 20

Really? You and I have vastly different experiences.

We have preferred parking and park in the Fingers parking lot 90% of the time. Instead of going towards the inside lanes of the parking lot when we are leaving the stadium we head towards the outer road that circles the parking lot (frederick miller way ) and then take that to the Mitchell blvd exit and onto 94 W. If it takes more than 3 minutes from the time we get in our car to the time we are on the freeway that is unusual. Our seat location helps a bit. We are in the last row of the family section in front of the press box. Our MO is with one or two outs in the 9th, we hop over the back of the seats and as soon as the last out is made we b-line towards the door. So, I think we usually beat the majority of the crowd to their cars. So many people just stand around at their seats after the game, I never get that. If we go to a game outside of our season tix and are sitting in the middle of a section we are generally at the mercy of the people on either side of us. Many times during those situations, we will watch the 9th inning from behind the section so that we don't have to wait for other people in our row.

I often times don't park in the Miller Park lots but if I stay for the whole game it is always much easier to get out of a Bucks game than it is to get out of a Brewers game. Taking out the tailgating option I would take parking at Bucks games every time over parking at Brewers games.

Where do you park during Bucks games and where do you live? I'm assuming that you don't park in the structure or if you have you have not stayed until the very end of the game. I don't go to a ton of Bucks games, but I usually park in the structure or the surface lot just north of the Bradley center when I do go. My experience of getting out of either of those lots is not nearly as easy as Brewer games and then you also don't instantly get on the freeway (you generally have to deal with backups at stoplights and freeway ramp entrances). Again, a packed baseball stadium holds almost 3 times as much as a typical crowd at a Bucks game.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived