Brewer Fanatic

Prado to Marlins

JohnBriggs12

Ugh, the Marlins grabbed another guy I would have loved to see in a Brewer uniform in Martin Prado. The main return is Eovaldi, the hard throwing righthander whose results haven't yet matched his ability. Not sure if the Brewers had a better offer to make as I don't think Nelson would have been in play but I sure would have preferred two years of Prado over one of Ramirez.

So fans, where does this leave our old buddy, Casey McGehee? Is he the guy Melvin gets to platoon with Lind and backup 3B or does he stick with Jimenez who he seems to like so much? Probably not. McGehee doesn't hit lefties well at all.

Another current Marlin Jeff Baker would make great sense for the Brewers as a noted lefty killer who can play either 2B or 1B. With addition of Prado and Morse, he would seem to be expendable as well.

Archived