Brewer Fanatic

Brewers trade Shawn Zarraga to Dodgers

markedman5

Martin's got major control issues and has since day one in pro ball. That's against low level minor leaguers who might swing at anything. Long has versatility but not much else.

If I had to guess, I'd say this one was initiated by Dodgers who liked Zarraga. I would have rather the Brewers used Zarraga as part of a package for actual major league talent.

Zarraga just never was a Doug Melvin type player. He sacrificed power for contact and in the Brewers eyes that's not good.

If I had to guess, I'd say this one was initiated by Dodgers who liked Zarraga. I would have rather the Brewers used Zarraga as part of a package for actual major league talent.

I would tend to agree with everything here. If the Brewers really liked Martin they could have just claimed him since they have a open 40 man spot and quite frankly there is some filler on the 40 man right now. Long is just a AAA depth guy and like you said I would have rather sent Zarraga in a package deal for better talent.

Archived