Brewer Fanatic

Pads discussing Wil Myers deal with Rays

superfly

Pretty significant get for them if they can get Tampa to pull the trigger. Maybe for the first time in my adult life the Padres will be relevant.

4:56pm: The Padres and Rays are in discussion on a significant trade that would send Wil Myers to San Diego in exchange for some of the Padres’ better young prospects, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (Twitter links). Rosenthal notes that it’s not certain whether a trade is particularly close at this time, but an acquisition of Myers would likely take the Padres out of the running for Atlanta’s Justin Upton.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Recent rumors suggest it is possibly a three team deal with the Mariners. Could involve Wil Myers ending up in Seattle and Taijuan Walker headed elsewhere.

EDIT: Apparently the whole 3-team deal rumors are not true per most recent reports. Looks like it is just the Padres-Rays working on the deal right now.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wish the Brewers would trade Carlos Gomez for Taijuan Walker

MLB Traderumors says Mariners are close to acquiring a mystery RH bat. They have other young arms besides Walker too. Gomez isn't going anywhere but Davis??

The issue for me on the idea of being Davis, is that I don't see him as being a Team building bat to get behind at this point. The moves Seattle has done, I feel like it'll be Jayson Werth. And maybe with the whole SD/Tampa Wil Myers trade going down, says this morning Wash is in the mix as a 3rd team. So maybe the deal is all depending on what Washington gets/parts with in that trade. The idea behind Werth is money. Washington sheds his contract to free up money to go after extending the likes of Desmond/Harper/Zimmerman/ or Strasburg. Looking at Wash's MLB top prospect ranks they have 3 OFs 2 of which played a little ML ball last season in Michael Taylor and Steve Souza for them along with Brian Goodwin, that removing Werth to create space could make sense.

But just my speculation.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wish the Brewers would trade Carlos Gomez for Taijuan Walker

I think that if this team tanks in the first half of 2015, you could see Gomez (and a number of other players) put on the block. But not until then. The front office sees a club that won 83 games. With improvements from Segura and Braun, plus the addition of Lind, they see a shot at the playoffs (which means a shot at the World Series). Thus, Gomez stays.

Personally, I'd love to see the club make a move for a player like Walker. I just don't see them doing it at this time.

According to MLBTradeRumors it is a "big deal" between San Diego and Tampa Bay. I'm not sure how the Nats fit into this though. If the Padres acquire Myers, they don't really have a need for Werth.

Could the Padres be shipping out all of their top prospects to the two teams and getting Myers plus Zimmermann or Desmond from Washington?

Is Longoria going to San Diego? Or maybe to Washington with Zimmerman going to 1B and Rendon staying at 2B?

Sorry Jericho you missed the trade idea. Someone Mentioned the Mariners looking for a Bat-Gomez for Walker. I'm suggesting it could be Werth to the M's since they have multiple OFs ready to move in to the 25man roster. It's a separate trade. Nats make a move with Padres/Rays(idea I'm reading is Souza is involved one of the Nats OFs which would make sense on a Platoon situation of Taylor with Goodwin with Werth's removal afterward to Seattle.)

Rendon to me is the 3b in Washington. Longoria would be a massive trade piece. I think the Padres are just after Myers to pair with Kemp long-term. If Souza is part of the deal, I guess thinking Rymer Liriano going to the Rays wouldn't be happening along with a Pitching prospect. Going to be interesting how Tampa makes this work. Says 3team-4teams they are talking to in making one happen

Wow the real deal is quite perplexing. To list all the players moved. San Diego sure sent a lot of Players to Wash/Tampa. And Tampa would appear to have valued Souza a LOT. Because they sent Joe Ross and PTBNL Trea Turner to Washington for him.

The deal of course is tied to Myers' wrist checking out healthy so lets watch him fail the test and open up the truth to why Tampa was trying to move him so quickly.

Souza isn't worth Ross OR Turner, doesn't make any sense that Washington is getting both. He had one really good minor league season and made one great catch in a big game. This deal is terrible for Tampa. If the rays had any fans, they should be furious with the front office after this and the price deals.

Archived