Brewer Fanatic

Diamond Dancers may not return in 2015

Invader3K

Apparently the Brewers' dance team has lost their previous sponsorship (not sure if they mean a corporate sponsor or the Milwaukee Brewers themselves) and may not return next season. A Facebook page has been started:

Save the Milwaukee Diamond Dancers: https://www.facebook.com/savethemilwaukeediamonddancers

I'm ambivalent on them, but I know some may like or dislike having a dance team during Brewers baseball games.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Just watch the game. It's what you're there for. All this extra crap is so unnessecary. Do a diZy bat race instead and give away a free hotdog, it's basically free.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The cost cutting begins

This is just speculation on my part since I have no idea what their pay structure is, but it may actually be a preemptive measure more than just cutting the current cost. There are currently at least five lawsuits against NFL teams for under-compensating their team affiliated cheerleaders. The Raiders lawsuit was settled for $1.25 million earlier this fall. The diamond dancers program may not offer enough value to justify the pay increases that would be necessary to keep them compliant with compensation requirements.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Sounds like most people here don't mind if they won't be back. Like I said, I'm ambivalent on their existence. Don't bother me being there, but I probably won't miss them if they're gone, either.

I agree with the general sentiment that there is too much "stuff" crammed in between innings. It's kind of like sensory overload. I'm sure MLB teams see it as a way to keep casual fans engaged in the ballpark experience, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The cost cutting begins

This is just speculation on my part since I have no idea what their pay structure is, but it may actually be a preemptive measure more than just cutting the current cost. There are currently at least five lawsuits against NFL teams for under-compensating their team affiliated cheerleaders. The Raiders lawsuit was settled for $1.25 million earlier this fall. The diamond dancers program may not offer enough value to justify the pay increases that would be necessary to keep them compliant with compensation requirements.

Are you serious? "Compliant with compensation requirements"? Huh? Were they making less than minimum wage? Sorry, not trying to turn this into a political conversation...but just...wow.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The cost cutting begins

Are you serious? "Compliant with compensation requirements"? Huh? Were they making less than minimum wage? Sorry, not trying to turn this into a political conversation...but just...wow.

It's been a pretty big story this year.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-09-10/nfl-cheerleaders-battle-teams-for-minimum-wage#p1

The Diamond Dancers usually have an on-field (warning track) routine before Friday and Saturday games. It's usually around 45-90 seconds, because yes, we are dorky enough to have timed it.

I'm not in the demographic audience, so I can certainly do without it. I'm not sure it's a canary-in-the-coal-mine indicator of the Brewers' finances - though if it is, it can't be more than a drop in the bucket. They've been touted as the Miller Diamond Dancers, so maybe it's Miller backing out?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't even know what the Diamond Dancers are. Perhaps they can perform at the Bug Selig Experience.

I'm assuming that if this happened that they would be in 3D as well.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived